Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you had just the traits from the game to describe yourself, which ones would you have?

MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
I thought this would be an interesting discussion. I only have the Base game, Ambitions and Generations, so I don't have the entire array of possibilities to choose from. I have been trying to figure out what I would be, though. I think definitely Loner & Artistic. Probably Couch Potato lol. Unlucky, for sure... And perhaps Perceptive.
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited July 2018
    Traits: My personal traits would probably be as follows:

Loner (definitely) (I'm an introvert by nature)
    Photographic Eye (naturally, I see a camera, I want to pick it up...and that's why I went into freelance photography)
    Couch Potato (Yeah, conflicts with my "Likes the Outdoors" - generally a good night's sleep helps with that)
    Insane (Yeah my mind generally tends to take a walk off the map occasionally - @Featherbelle may have a different opinion of the word (occasionally) and my sense of humor reflects that)
    Likes the Outdoors (me: alone in the wilderness...armed with a camera, tripod and a long-lens; is there anything more heavenly than that?) :D

Didn't go to University so sorry "no extra traits for me" :mrgreen::D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Funny, I almost said Love the outdoors, too. I am a couch potato no doubt but I do enjoy being out in the woods. Very tranquil. Love it. I don't think it conflicts at all.

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Irristable
    Great kisser
    Charismatic
    Athletic
    Genius

Also bonus trait: delusional ;)

I'm awful at describing myself, but you coukd probably peg me down as Neurotic, Socially awkward, Friendly, Bookworm and Light sleeper.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Hahaha @Goulsquash That was hilarious. You can add on to that Great Sense Of Humor :)

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I tend to think that the Photographic Eye goes well with me since I've always loved cameras. If I win the lottery, I'm getting MY Long lens back. :D

07-25-2013_SerpentineRiver_LookingoutontoHwy99_rs.jpg

I may even go so far as to potentially get a Sigma 300-800mm f/5.6

One of my shots from the 600mm.

07-25-2013_SFW_BaldEagle_hey_watchwhereyouregoing_col_amp_NS.jpg
    :wink: It's all timing. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Wow that eagle shot is amazing! You are very talented for sure. I'd like to think I would make a good photographer as well, but I am very poor and can't afford a camera, let alone lenses. lol Oh well. You are great!

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I would say...start out with a very cheap DSLR from one of the name brands. Nikon D3300 ($397 with 18-55mm lens). Start out by taking flower shots, scenics (landscapes),...and other little things. As you progress you can start to branch out. One of the best books to start out photography with is called "Understanding Exposure" written by Bryan Peterson. My suggestion is look through Craigslist in your area under Photo/Video - try to look for a low-shutter entry level DSLR camera.

Most entry level cameras are rated for about 15000 shutter clicks before the shutter needs a tune-up - trust me, it's cheaper to just get a new camera at that point. Try to find one that's in around the 4000 shutter clicks or less range. The trick is that most people like to get cameras and it's just a tool to take "family photos" and well, because they have money to burn, they buy a cool looking DSLR and use it on AUTO mode. :D That's the kind of camera that you want to pick up...because of the low amount of shutter clicks. Don't buy one from a photo-afficionado...we abuse the hell out of the thing because we're always shooting photos...and you'll be able to tell who is a photo afficionado because their shutter clicks will be high on the camera. My D300s is roughly averaging around the 45,000 click range now. My D300s is a semi-pro camera so it's rated up to 150,000 shutter clicks.

Just in my area alone, I found a whole listing for a Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm lens for $380.00 CDN.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Irristable
    Great kisser
    Charismatic
    Athletic
    Genius

Also bonus trait: delusional ;)

I'm awful at describing myself, but you coukd probably peg me down as Neurotic, Socially awkward, Friendly, Bookworm and Light sleeper.

If I went to university, I could also add delusional to mine too. :D

The thing is that we probably all hit more than five traits. :D

Neurotic,
    Socially Awkward,
    Bookworm

All those would fit me too. :) Hence the reason why my idea of a fun day is alone in the woods traipsing around with my camera in my hand.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips @Nikkei_Simmer :) Maybe one day I will be able to do so!!

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018

I would have to say based upon what we have seen that you are the very definition of someone who deserves an Honorary Degree by way of LTR points. You may have that 6th trait, you are hereby officially Delusional -- okay, that trait doesn't really exist, so you get to pick a different one. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »

I would have to say based upon what we have seen that you are the very definition of someone who deserves an Honorary Degree by way of LTR points. You may have that 6th trait, you are hereby officially Delusional -- okay, that trait doesn't really exist, so you get to pick a different one. :)

@igazor, Wow...I'm suitably appreciative of that honorary degree. Now what to pick...lots of choices. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer How about unstable? That way, you could reroll your other traits whenever you wanted.

It would also explain certain explosions and meteor strikes that seem to keep happening for no apparent reason in your neck of the woods.
  • Options
    Perfect, I'll go with that. @puzzlezaddict :mrgreen: Actually the more I think about it...the more I think that trait fits... Perchance, do you think you might be related to @Featherbelle? :D@Featherbelle sometimes, when I go off on one of my more esoteric rants...tends to say that I'm "unstable". :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I'm a pretty boring old woman :( Here's what I think would fit me:

Family Oriented
    - family has always been important to me and, if I'd known how wonderful motherhood was, I would never have waited until I was in my forties to start one. Until then I was happy being the maiden aunt :p
    Bookworm - Maybe not so much these days because I spend so much time simming but books are always in my shopping trolley and get pulled out on the bus or train unless overridden by my next trait ;)
    Friendly - I'm the kind of old lady that strikes up conversations with strangers on public transit or the checkout when shopping.
    Good sense of humour - My son insists I have none but I suspect this is because I have an Australian sense of humour while his is definitely American because his father was American and he was raised there until we moved back to Australia a few years ago or it could be that kids never think their parents are funny (or fun) ;)
    Natural Cook - I love to cook but I suspect this could be because I love to eat which is odd really given I eat like a bird but I do love the little I do eat :)
    Couch Potato - Obvious by how much time I spend sitting in my recliner playing Sims or on the forum :p

If I could have another trait I would probably choose Neurotic. I won't go into details but it's pretty apparent to anyone who knows me.

• Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I once made my Simself in TS3 and gave her the following traits

-Bookworm
    -Artistic
    -Loner
    -Perfectionist
    -Genius (This one is a bit of a stretch because I kinda don't consider myself one, but others do and I needed another trait :D )
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Okay, my turn.

Grumpy
    Mean Spirited
    Evil
    Dislikes Children
    Inappropriate
    Hates Everything (Uni trait)

Igazor, you aren't any of these things. And that last one isn't even a real trait.
    :angry:

Catch me before my first cup of coffee in the morning and you might think otherwise. The sweetness and light stuff kick in just a bit later. B)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @afai1261 Haha I almost put genius for myself as well. I would have believed you even if you didn't say that.

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,132 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hmm...

From the traits I can remember off the top of my head...

Hopeless Romantic - Always have been, always will be. :kissing_heart: I can't get over the mushy stuff! :p
    Friendly - I love being friendly and was always taught to be. :)
    Good - I try to give service to others and do good in the world when I can. <3
    Neat - I don't like clutter...or crumbs on the carpet...or wrinkles on a freshly made bed. And don't get me started on toilets! :grimace::lol:
    Artistic - I'm no artist, but I chose this for my writing abilities. ;)
    Virtuoso - I love to sing. :) I've played Clarinet in the past and am learning to play piano.
    Animal Lover - Because I've just always loved animals. <3

:blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think every time I answer this basic question or make a simself a trait or two will change. So many can fit me.

I'm going to go by memory of the game traits (playing another game so not gonna open the game for the trait list) here which is going to narrow this down A LOT (I play so little these days I barely remember how to load the game... remembering that long list of traits not gonna happen).

Shy is pretty much an always trait. If not either loner or socially awkward. I'm really just not good in social situations and I really don't care to be anyway.
    Clumsy pretty much an always trait, also. I can trip on air. I drop everything I touch (which is a constant source of anger for me, I can fall and hurt myself and not care, but drop something and I get so mad lol)
    Artistic Another pretty much always trait. Not great at like painting and drawing, but I'm still a fairly creative person with hobbies like photography and writing (okay those are my life. Not just hobbies, how I would even breathe if I had to give either up I dunno. Good at them I dunno, but I love them anyway) and a bunch of other crafty hobbies. So I think it can capture those pretty well.
    Over-emotional I used to pick excitable a lot, but more lean towards just over-emotional in general. Yes, I get excited easily, but I get sad and angry easily too.

and uhh...... wut r traits???? Maybe I should have opened my game, or googled a trait list. Uhhhh....uhhh....
    Loves the outdoors. I think it fits my summer, I have always loved nature but I'm also lazy. But I've been trying to, and somewhat succeeding at getting out more often. Just getting off that beaten path away from annoying people, taking a camera or not but just hanging out in the parks and enjoying nature.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've made my simself a few times and I've changed up the traits a bit over the years (a few never change). If I were to make myself now I'd say...

- Bookworm
    - Neurotic
    - Loner
    - Night Owl
    - Virtuoso
    - Perfectionist
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    and uhh...... wut r traits???? Maybe I should have opened my game, or googled a trait list. Uhhhh....uhhh....Loves the outdoors. I think it fits my summer, I have always loved nature but I'm also lazy. But I've been trying to, and somewhat succeeding at getting out more often. Just getting off that beaten path away from annoying people, taking a camera or not but just hanging out in the parks and enjoying nature.

@dreamerz13, @MKSizzle, Thought you might like this: It's a funny little article by my friend Paul Burwell; (he's a well-known wildlife photographer in the biz) Top Ten Annoying Things to Say to a Wildlife Photographer. :D When I had my 600 f/4. I'd be walking through the park with the lens/tripod balanced over my shoulder and someone would invariably come up to me and go. "WOW... That must be expensive..." :D Yep...then I'd be chatting for 20-45 minutes about photography. I needed to nip that in the bud.

I'm currently shooting 720p video with the D300s, but the next step will be to 4K (for photography instructional videos - a basic "follow me into the wild" type video series...as I go out and photograph wildlife and landscapes.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    Virtuoso - I love to sing. :) I've played Clarinet in the past and am learning to play piano.

@emorrill I almost put Virtuoso as well, but I didn't want to seem over-confident, ya know? LMAO. I also sing. I was 1st lead clarinet when I was in high school, also played the alto sax in the jazz band and I played piano.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I guess Virtuoso would also fit, I used to play piano, was lead trumpet in concert band in high-school, played trombone in jazz band, sang in both choirs (one was a concert choir; the other was show choir). Sang in a choral society in college; also sang in the Queen Elizabeth Theatre for the Vancouver premiere of Gustav Mahler's Eighth Symphony (Symphony of a 1000) in Vancouver in a massed choir and orchestra of 1000 members. Decided not to pursue music full-time in the end. Went into the visual arts (self-taught) and enjoy it immensely (My mom was the one who stressed music).

:D A lot of us artistic types playing Sims, eh? :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I usually pick:

Genius
    Bookworm
    Handy
    Computer Whiz
    Evil
  • Options