Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave @MadRadMandee Great design :)
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats @WrathofCath for the well deserved Maxis fave! I love your builds; they're always beautifully detailed and well laid out!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

Oooo, a lot has happened since I was last here...

I love the name of your room, @ZKirian ! And the color scheme is awesome - very bold. The touch of gold with the black and white is a great choice! I love all the detail, like the pipes, since it's a basement room, and those layered rugs are such a great touch! They really make the room something special. (And Hope and Mozart are adorable, too!) :smile:

What a pretty, soothing room @HEW310 ! I love her closet! All the furniture and decor you chose are perfect for the color scheme and the wallpapers you used work amazingly well - I always thought of those wallpapers as being very bold, graphic, modern, etc. but you've shown me that they work perfectly in a soft, delicate color scheme, too. :smile:

Oh my gosh, @coolsim9999999 , your Hope is a girl after my own heart, lol. When I was a teen, my Mom let me redecorate my room a bit and red and black was what I chose for colors AND I put my bookshelves in the middle of the room to serve as a room divider! Needless to say, I love your room! I love all the decor and I really like the use of that red lighting. :smile:

You've used one of my all time favorite color schemes, @StSciurus and it's a beautiful room! I love the 'built-in' desk area! I also love that she has that extra bed in there for having a friend over for a sleepover. It's just a great little touch and fills the room nicely. :smile: The decor you chose is so pretty, too - lovely room!

Oooo, I like the room @asap24 ! The dark, angsty look really works well - very bold and mood-setting. That's such a great rug and this is the perfect use for it - I love the way it really defines the whole 'feel' of the room. And as someone who loves artwork on the walls, both in Sims and irl, I love all the wall decor you've given Hope. Lovely work! :smile:

I love the pink/purple color scheme, @WoWDiva92 ! So pretty!! And I love all the seating you've given your sim, at the foot of the bed and the loveseat by the window - great spots for Salem to curl up and nap, as well as for friends to sit when they come over. I really like all the 'cat' touches and how it tells us something extra about your Hope. :smile:

What a soft, pretty room, @lsnishi ! Love that color scheme! And I love all the wall art, especially that flower decal/wreath combo - so creative!! Your use of rugs is very creative, too, and they really 'fill' the room and divide it into separate 'spaces' beautifully. Those curtains work well with your color scheme, too - it's amazing how many different styles/looks an item can work with. Very beautiful room! :smile:
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    ZKirianZKirian Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you @simsinmysleep for your kind words!
    "Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow" -Nolan Bushnell So game on.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,112 Member
    Thank you very much for your congratulations on my lightning screenshot in this week's Friday Highlights @rosemow B)<3! I'm so happy and excited :D! I'm really happy that you like my screenshot <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats to @coolsim9999999 for your great screenshot being used in the Friday highlights! And wonderful comments @simsinmysleep! I always appreciate it when someone goes through all the rooms to highlight what makes them special! :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you very much @lsnishi for your congrats on my screenshot being used in Friday Highlights B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    How very kind you were, @simsinmysleep , to take the time to leave such generous comments about my room! :smiley: Thank you! ☺️
  • Options
    ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    Entry Form – oneweekoneroomonetheme
    Theme for the week: A Two-color Scheme teenage bedroom
    Origin ID: ShadowFairy74
    imgur link: imgur.com/gallery/sVrdgdR
    Gallery name of room: Hope's Room
    Gallery Link:
    ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8F6A5D8B91DD11E88001BDC4BCD58BAE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false

Back Story -
    Hope is a punky and classical girl who loves music, she designed her room in red and white with a cozy yet elegant flair. She has a comfy reading nook, a beautiful double bed and an area where she can play her music bathed in sunlight coming through the big windows and glass roof.

(note: cannot post links yet due to lack of forum tenure)
    Pictures of the room:
    i.imgur.com/O8ZYXDj.png
    i.imgur.com/hMoTztg.png
    i.imgur.com/zIjr9Do.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,611 Member
    Entry Form – oneweekoneroomonetheme
    Theme for the week: A Two-color Scheme teenage bedroom
    Origin ID: ShadowFairy74
    imgur link: imgur.com/gallery/sVrdgdR
    Gallery name of room: Hope's Room
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8F6A5D8B91DD11E88001BDC4BCD58BAE

Back Story -
    Hope is a punky and classical girl who loves music, she designed her room in red and white with a cozy yet elegant flair. She has a comfy reading nook, a beautiful double bed and an area where she can play her music bathed in sunlight coming through the big windows and glass roof.

(note: cannot post links yet due to lack of forum tenure)
    Pictures of the room:
    O8ZYXDj.png
    hMoTztg.png
    zIjr9Do.png

• Options
    Hope’s Room is a very elegant and special bedroom for Hope! @ShadowFairy74 :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! The red and white colour scheme looks very nice! The white coloured walls and floor complement very well with the red curtains. Very nice music nook! She would enjoy playing the white grand piano, the guitar and the violin there with the sunshine coming in through large glass windows. It is nice that there are white stools near the windows for her friends to come and sit there in the sunlight and enjoy listening to her playing. The musical themed pictures are a nice touch on the wall. It looks very nice the way that the half walls and red bookcase separate off the music area. Hope will enjoy sitting on the stools near the windows in the bed area or on the red armchairs in front of the fireplace and have a read of a book. The fireplace is nice in the room to keep the room warm. The piano keys picture is a nice touch on the fireplace wall. She would have fun listening and dancing to the stereo music! The red heart teddy and red cap gnome look very cute in the bookcase! Very nice corner windows study desk nook for her to sit at the table and do her homework in the sunlight. The red and white colour of the bed, and the bedside lamps and other lamps in the room looks very nice. The full length lights edged mirror looks very nice in the room.
    The design of the room for Hope is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hope’s Room is a very elegant and special bedroom for Hope! @ShadowFairy74 :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! The red and white colour scheme looks very nice! The white coloured walls and floor complement very well with the red curtains. Very nice music nook! She would enjoy playing the white grand piano, the guitar and the violin there with the sunshine coming in through large glass windows. It is nice that there are white stools near the windows for her friends to come and sit there in the sunlight and enjoy listening to her playing. The musical themed pictures are a nice touch on the wall. It looks very nice the way that the half walls and red bookcase separate off the music area. Hope will enjoy sitting on the stools near the windows in the bed area or on the red armchairs in front of the fireplace and have a read of a book. The fireplace is nice in the room to keep the room warm. The piano keys picture is a nice touch on the fireplace wall. She would have fun listening and dancing to the stereo music! The red heart teddy and red cap gnome look very cute in the bookcase! Very nice corner windows study desk nook for her to sit at the table and do her homework in the sunlight. The red and white colour of the bed, and the bedside lamps and other lamps in the room looks very nice. The full length lights edged mirror looks very nice in the room.
    > The design of the room for Hope is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)

Thank you very much @rosemow for your insightful comments.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you so very much @rosemow! It was an unexpected and lovely surprise. :blush:<3

Thank you for your very kind comment and congrats @lsnishi! Very appreciated. :)<3

Congratulations on the Maxis fave for your wallpaper store room @MadRadMandee! Gorgeous room! :smiley:

Congratulations on your screenshot being used in the Friday Highlights @coolsim9999999! It's a beautiful picture! :smile:

Gorgeous rooms for Hope everyone! I hope to get mine in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you very much @WrathofCath for your congrats on my screenshot being used in Friday Highlights B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    You are very welcome @coolsim9999999!
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav @MadRadMandee @WrathofCath @lsnishi great rooms <3:)

Congrats @coolsim9999999 for your screenshot being used in the Friday Highlights very lovely picture <3:)
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Thank you very much #rosemow for the Beautiful Pictures <3 the heart lights are done by me

Entry Form
    Challenge 171
    The theme for the week: a two colour scheme teenager bedroom.
    Gallery name of room: BlueYellow For Hope
    Gallery Link: BlueYellow For Hope
    Origin ID: chips46
    Pictures of the room:
    itmDJDw.pngn3UCDY7.pngOTI0xsR.pngE0O75eA.pngOcu6aYR.pngPyxEXSE.pngnPTObuK.png
    Post edited by chips46 on
  • Options
    The design and furnishing of BlueYellow for Hope is very nice! @chips46 :) Very nice, sunny and cheerful blue and yellow colour scheme of the room! The layout of the areas look very nice. Thankyou so very, very much for using my pictures in your room!! <3 It looks so special the way that you have put hearts beside the pictures, and also used the pictures for the backgrounds of Hope’s awards that she has proudly placed on the wall! The blue and yellow intersecting hearts lights on the awards wall looks very pretty! It is a nice that Hope has a starry music trophy that she been awarded on the table. The yellow heart teddy is cute! The yellow curtains and yellow flower floor prints look very nice and sunny in the room. The design of the bed area looks so very nice! The blue and yellow drapes/streamers on the ceiling light looks very nice! The sunflower patterned bed suits the colour scheme and room theme very well! The floral wreaths on the bedhead wall and golden decorations around the yellow picture of Amber looks very nice! It is nice that there are yellow pet items in the room also. The cat statue is a great touch at the foot of the bed. Hope would enjoy painting on the easel, and it is very nice that you have placed the daffodils painting on the easel! It looks so very nice how you have placed the yellow and blue cabinets in the room! They look great! The blue patterned walls give a very nice look and feel to the room. It is great that Hope can make popcorn in her room. Very nice vanity table nook! It looks nice the way the cabinets form the nook. She will like sitting on the blue chair doing her makeup. The golden banner, hearts, and yellow and blue bird pictures look very nice on the nook wall. It is great that a yellow wall clock is there for her to keep track of time. The yellow closet is great in the room. Very nice corner computer study desk nook. She would enjoy sitting using the computer there and checking notices on the noticeboard. The calendar is a homely touch. It is great that there is a desk area where she can enjoy sitting and having a read of a book or write in her journal. The rows of strings of photos look great. She would enjoy listening to radio music in her bedroom. The vertical sunflowers wall decor either sides of the bookcase wall look very nice and sunny! Very nice area in the middle of the room where she can relaxing on the cushions and watch tv or play console games. The starry yellow floor rugs look very nice in the room. She would enjoy playing the blue keyboard.
    The furnishing and colour scheme of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave @WrathofCath! Great living room :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top