Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the babies be taken away?

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
I made an alien couple in my world try for a baby because I wanted more aliens in my game. They had triplets!!! They are not my active household (thank God, I couldn’t cope with triplets!), so I won’t be playing them as I don’t play rotationally. But, I do want to keep the household marked as “played” so that MCCC doesn’t have them make more babies, or allow other sims to move into their house. But, I’m a bit worried that if I have the household marked as “played”, then their parents won’t automatically look after the babies and they will be fair game for social services to come and swipe. Will this happen?
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    No because absolutely nothing happens in households you are not actively playing at the time, other than ageing.
  • Options
    No because absolutely nothing happens in households you are not actively playing at the time, other than ageing.
    Thank you. I would have just risked it but the babies are the half-siblings of a Sim in my active household so I care about them. It’s great to know they won’t die/get taken away. Poor parents, with 3 kids, though...
  • Options
    Oh... I was answering regarding a vanilla game, but I'm not sure if MCCC does strange things. Maybe someone who uses that mod could clarify.
  • Options
    Oh... I was answering regarding a vanilla game, but I'm not sure if MCCC does strange things. Maybe someone who uses that mod could clarify.
    Hmm hopefully it doesn’t make a difference. I started a new save just after the babies were born so I can go back to the old save if something bad does happen.
  • Options
    LairaLaira Posts: 39 Member
    They won't be taken away if they are not active. It has never happened to me and I use MCCC.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    The only time MCCC takes away babies/adopts out to another family is when the parents die of old age. At least that has been my experience.
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member

No, MCCC doesn't make babies be taken away for neglect when they're not in the active household. I don't understand why it would, rotational play would be impossible if the kids were going to end up being taken away for neglect while playing other households.

There is an MCCC setting to have neglected children be adopted by another household when they're taken away, but that's just to replace them vanishing altogether. (Although they actually DON'T vanish altogether if you don't do that, they end up in their own unplayed not-in-world household. The babies do, anyway, I haven't tried it with toddlers or children. I tried it once with a baby when somebody here was asking what happened to them. They don't show up in the game again automatically, but you can find them in manage households and transfer them back.)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @Laira @BelongtoLCMS @Maggiedoll

Thanks everyone, that’s what I thought but it’s great to have confirmation. I’ve only just started playing with MCCC and usually never have more than one played household, so I haven’t had babies in a house that is marked as “played” but which isn’t my active family before.
  • Options
    LavenderManaLavenderMana Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Maggiedoll;c-16624354"][quote="elanorbreton;c-16623912"]Oh... I was answering regarding a vanilla game, but I'm not sure if MCCC does strange things. Maybe someone who uses that mod could clarify.[/quote]

No, MCCC doesn't make babies be taken away for neglect when they're not in the active household. I don't understand why it would, rotational play would be impossible if the kids were going to end up being taken away for neglect while playing other households.

There is an MCCC setting to have neglected children be adopted by another household when they're taken away, but that's just to replace them vanishing altogether. (Although they actually DON'T vanish altogether if you don't do that, they end up in their own unplayed not-in-world household. The babies do, anyway, I haven't tried it with toddlers or children. I tried it once with a baby when somebody here was asking what happened to them. They don't show up in the game again automatically, but you can find them in manage households and transfer them back.)[/quote]

Good to know, I was busy making one of my male sims work on the aspiration to become a player. I succeeded but had my child taken away for neglect 😢 so I just turned off my game without saving
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @elanorbreton i was asking myself, in a vanilla game, is there culling for the unplayed sims that live in houses?
  • Options
    @telmarina I have never had unplayed sims culled from houses, but I have not played a really long game. Though, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they are protected if you place them in a house. Of course, if you have ageing on for NPC's then they will age and die and be removed that way.

Relationships do cull when you are rotating, which is why I now use MCCC just to use the setting to stop relationship decay.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @telmarina I have never had unplayed sims culled from houses, but I have not played a really long game. Though, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they are protected if you place them in a house. Of course, if you have ageing on for NPC's then they will age and die and be removed that way.

Relationships do cull when you are rotating, which is why I now use MCCC just to use the setting to stop relationship decay.