Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skating Rink & Seasons Food Stall Location List

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Thank you. I will have to go and make it enclosed then. I had added it to the lounge skyscraper in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I had downloaded an ice rink that is indoors but haven't used it yet so that is good to know that it always will be an ice rink.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited July 2018
    In Spring, there's a food/drink stall in Newcrest in the park with green and pink monkey bars and picnic tables/grill --- next to Rippling Flats.

I built something where Mangolia Blossom (the big park on that 50X50 lot) was in Willow Creek? Will the rink be placed in my build or next to it? I have a fancy restaurant there.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @coolsim9999999 The game doesn't use buildable lot space to place the stalls or rinks :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Thank you very much for letting me know @luthienrising :)! I really appreciate it :)! I do a combination of playing and building, so I haven't seen a whole year in the same save yet.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't think that the Rinks and Stalls not showing on one lot then showing of another is a bug but possibly weird programming. I believe they spawn at an instance to instance basis. So you travel to a lot that is an instance. You then travel to the lot next door, another instance. They are also on a timer from what I've seen as I have traveled to a lot and there is no stall. A couple sim hours pass and then it spawns and as it gets later in the day I've seen it despawn.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    oh...should have mentioned this in the first response, too (too distracted by trying to get the plant cheats info out), but the willow creek park seems to have a rink per season, the location just changes

the newcrest area's rink apparently changes location and becomes the bigger version, too. screenshots incoming (thanks, @lumiasta!)

magnolia promenade, summer, i think?:
    34cbaa31c7cc58b673f18f7df7c3f3a7.jpg

During winter, I've seen the ice skating rink in Magnolia Promenade (in the same place as the one in the picture) and a food stall across from it, where those umbrella tables are in the picture. I've never actually noticed them before until Seasons came out :| LOL. I like going here with my teens during the winter since I have a bowling alley and a casual restaurant that they hang out in. It has a nice ambience, especially with the snow and all the lights :)

I've also seen an ice skating rink in the open area directly next to the lot in front of the Goth residence. When it went from Winter to Spring, it turned into a roller skating rink in the same exact spot. There was also a food stall in the little park next to the Goth's home. Usually the food stalls pop up in the small parks.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just spotted a lemonade stand in Oasis Springs in summer next to the Springscape (Roomies) lot. In the playground area, just to be clear.
    image.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Updating the OP :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I couldn't find a list of where skating rinks spawn, so I've asked on Twitter and done a forum search. This is what I have so far, and when people have seen them there:

Skating Rinks

Willow Creek:
    - original Goth neighbourhood: seen so far in Winter, Spring
    - commercial district: Summer
    - around the central park lot: seen all seasons

Oasis Springs:
    - commercial district: roller rink, Summer; ice skating (!), Winter

Newcrest:
    - top neighbourhood: Summer
    - near Oak Alcove lot, bottom left neighbourhood: seen so far in Spring, Summer

Magnolia Promenade: seen so far in Summer, Winter

Windenburg:
    - old town: seen in Winter (look behind the nightclub)

Has anyone found others that aren't on this?

Food/Drink Stalls by request!

Willow Creek:
    - large-lot neighbourhood: seen in Spring, Winter
    - community garden: seen in Summer, along with waterfight bucket
    - park area: seen in Summer
    - commercial district: Summer
    - Goth neighbourhood: seen in Winter, Spring

Oasis Springs:
    - commercial district: seen in Spring, Summer
    - across from Johnny Zest's house (so, far right): seen in Spring
    - neighbourhood playground area across from original Roomies lot: seen in Winter, Summer

Newcrest:
    - lower left neighbourhood: seen in Spring, Summer
    - top neighbourhood: seen in Spring
    - playground down by the river: seen in Summer

Magnolia Promenade: seen in Winter

Thank you for this information. This is very helpful.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Has anyone seen the new things spawn in Brindleton Bay/San Myshuno? A little disappointing they show up in a shopping district but not actual towns :'(
  • Options
    Madsimmer13Madsimmer13 Posts: 4 New Member
    :) Seasons!
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the new things spawn in Brindleton Bay/San Myshuno? A little disappointing they show up in a shopping district but not actual towns :'(

I saw a water balloon bucket near Myshuno Meadows. I haven't seen anything else though.
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    kalaksed wrote: »
    just jumping back into here to say both skating rink and food stall in the willow creek commercial district in summer, right next to each other behind the library and...whatever it is that's next to the library. gym? it's been a restaurant for me for years...

752f1f12c81705eb3b992d64ead298be.jpg

I have this exact set up but no Sim skates. I took my Sim there and they will not enter any opening to skate. So what I have is a barren rink and a busy food stall. I took my Sim to other rinks and they skated fine - anyone else having this trouble?

This is the only rink I can't enter. In the winter it flashes strangely as well from the snow. Definitely this particular rink is bugged when it spawns. Haven't encountered this with the other rinks that spawn.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I just ordered a new computer, mine was having problems after toddlers. Can anyone tell me if you can place food stands inside buildings? And do you have to go into debug to find them or are they in the regular items? I plan on eventually getting everything from San Myshuon up after my computer gets here. I have everything before that.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I just ordered a new computer, mine was having problems after toddlers. Can anyone tell me if you can place food stands inside buildings? And do you have to go into debug to find them or are they in the regular items? I plan on eventually getting everything from San Myshuon up after my computer gets here. I have everything before that.

You can put them inside as long as the ceiling's high enoiugh to keep the error message "can't intersect with roofs" or something li,e that from coming up.. And they're in the regular build/buy catalog. Under outdoor activities I think.

image.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

You can put them inside as long as the ceiling's high enoiugh to keep the error message "can't intersect with roofs" or something li,e that from coming up.. And they're in the regular build/buy catalog. Under outdoor activities I think.

Thank you TresaofPern!
  • Options

Thank you TresaofPern!

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • Options
    Newcrest: There's a cupcake stand in the playground by the river in Spring.
    image.png
  • Options
    ActuallyxAnnaActuallyxAnna Posts: 52 Member
    Sometimes some of them never spawn and that's all I would send my sims out for at times, and it did get a bit frustrating when I would legit be traveling back and forth and got nothing so I ended up just placing them there!