Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing you dislike about seasons?...

One thing I dislike about seasons....GNOMES... I hate they spawn all around my house on holidays and after holiday I have get rid of them! I love seasons but gate gnome!!!!! >.<
25up6pu.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    My pretty romantic gardens going from this
    2epq2z6.png

To this
    et8iur.png

I know it happens irl like that, but i only made it last night and now it looks gross and im sad.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The thing that I dislike kind of goes along the same lines as @Sharee My sim has a garden, and for those plants that are in season, they look dead, but are producing it's fruit. I'm hoping that eventually they will do something about this in a patch. I mean if it is in season, then it shouldn't look dead......right?
  • Options
    Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    I dont like the gnomes there weird as
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have quite a few qualms about Seasons atm, though probably half of them are bug-related and not intentionally supposed to be part of the EP so I wouldn't be able to tell.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Btw what holiday with the 2 people sharing blocks suppose to be for?

I was wondering about that too.

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited July 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The thing that I dislike kind of goes along the same lines as @Sharee My sim has a garden, and for those plants that are in season, they look dead, but are producing it's fruit. I'm hoping that eventually they will do something about this in a patch. I mean if it is in season, then it shouldn't look dead......right?

What part of the season you are in. It's weird, I have the four week season, and even early into the second week, my in season spring plants looked dead and I was like what! I play on rotation and ended up st another house with plants that looked alive and were in season). This was later in spring but I cant remember when and I went back to the first household and the in season plants looked good.

So my conclusion was the plants are in transition, but I don't know the exact timings.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I've built great outdoor entertaining options for my sims but no electronics in the rain work - fair point. But I am also unable to create a changeable indoor / outdoor entertainment space as I would be able to do in real life if I was as rich as those sims.

Also the speaker breaks every time it rains so I hope that's a bug.

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm currently in Spring.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    NabiMeko wrote: »
    One thing I dislike about seasons....GNOMES... I hate they spawn all around my house on holidays and after holiday I have get rid of them! I love seasons but gate gnome!!!!! >.<
    Why not replace the gnome tradition with something else?
    I don’t like how Sims never change out of their hot/cold clothing when they go indoors.
    I don't mind sims staying in their hot outfits when going indoors, but I wish they would change back from cold outfits.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    There is more than one thing. How in season plants look dead outside a lot even when producing fruit/flowers and lack of snow depth are probably the biggest off the top of my head. Oh and the trees when bare look very droopy, like the smaller limbs point down instead of up like they should?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    There are some plants that are in season all the time, but loose there leaves in the fall and winter which makes them look dead the will return back to normal in the Spring with warmer weather, its just so they can look beautiful in a snow covered winter, in most worlds, except Oasis Springs which is my pet pee because that world has no snow depth at all, I can't even get it to snow and stick with the weather machine it keeps giving me sunsnow I don't want sunshow I want snow.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    NabiMeko, If you don't want the gnomes to spawn on holidays just remove the gnome tradiction.

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Is it sad that I look forward to the (evil) Gnome tradition? Harvestfest isn't complete without it :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ZeizeinaZeizeina Posts: 17 Member
    The lack of traditions and holiday icons.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    Another thing i just discovered that im really salty about is that they made the herbalisim plant items seasonal, so you have to keep going back every season to get the items you need to progress in the aspiration. It's not the most enjoyable skill or aspiration to do, lets be real, its kinda tedious. and they kinda just locked it behind an expensive vacation that you have to return often.
    It's not like you can graft for the herbalisim plants because grafting is unreliable as all heck now.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    The EP feels just as empty as every pack before it. It lacks depth, reskinned party goals, calendar feels unfinished due to lack of icons, weather effects looks unfinished and we still imo don't get enough build mode stuff not go mention they AGAIN took away freedom to choose what season we want in our worlds so we have to play by their rules again.
    This should be in the base game the next time, honestly because it is just weather effects that doesn't affect the day to day lives of the sims in any way.
    Very very expensive graphical effects..... give us some challenge in gameplay, maybe throw in natural dissasters that actually may be dangerous for the sims... eh who am i kidding? The sims themselves aren't aware of anything anyway lol.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited July 2018
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Lack of holiday icons. There really isn’t many and a few of them look similar. The cake icons for example, great the more the marrier but why 2 cake icons and no Mother’s/ Father’s Day icon. Btw what holiday with the 2 people sharing blocks suppose to be for?

Many of the holiday icons are also party icons when you plan a event in the calendar. So...
    The party hat means house party.
    The fork and knife means dinner party.
    The white cake with a heart on top of it means wedding.
    The colorful cake with a candle means birthday party.
    The black and white balloons mean black and white bash. (Deluxe edition)
    A sim wearing a hot dog costume means incognito costume party. (Deluxe edition)
    A hot dog over the bonfire means weenie roast. (Outdoor retreat)
    A pumpkin with a witch hat means spooky party. (Spooky Stuff)
    A dancing sim and a music note means dance party. (Get Together)
    Two sims sharing playing blocks mean play date. (Toddler stuff)

So yes, all the party icons can be used as a holiday icon. The random holidays' icons can be also used.
    I had also trouble choosing an icon for my holiday. I wanted to create a day when sim remember the dead, but I didn't find any good icon. So I just chose Talk Like a Pirate Day's icon (speech bubble with a skull) and let my sims celebrate it.
    So I agree, there should be more holiday icons. (If they add funeral events, I can use that icon for that holiday)
  • Options
    I can't play my way so I stopped playing they know when you play and when you don't, so if you don't like something just stop playing.

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Does saying I hate the bugs count? I'm finding it a little hard to enjoy the game when for some reason it has gone extremely laggy in term of queueing actions and it keeps cancelling actions I select too :/
    Other than that so far I'm enjoying everything and am yet to come across anything which annoys me.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    I don’t think I can choose between not being able to customise weather per world and the duration or the fact that holiday traditions are re skinned party goals.

To be fair why I see your point.It would probably be impossible because its the same save.