The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL Vs Spa Day Vs Vampires

I'm so excited about the target sale, but now I'm torn: do I buy the Spa Day/Perfect Patio bundle, City Living, or Vampires? I know Vampires isn't on sale, but I've been thinking about buying it anyway.

CL Vs Spa Day Vs Vampires 123 votes

Spa Day/Pefect Patio Bundle
24%
GoldmoldarIcewolfJaline33AlrynnelanorbretonIrdiweninvisiblgirlsimgirl1010stilljustme2sikasika18BlueSeaWavesCsibeubi3littlemissgogoDeKayDopieDopeSimgarapoesMidnightAuramusteniDestin2016PotterheadSim 30 votes
City Living
36%
JaiSeaKita5399Kamb64alan650111AlexairudolphaRainbowSimQueenPoohmom437elemmeleCynnaBeardedgeekluthienrisinghannaaj22alanmichael1jaymancrazTreebrookehorrorfan1980sElenPinkrambahadoerfiercephoenix91 45 votes
Vampires
39%
CK213LaBlue0314IceyJsillehbeeAyradyssPlayerSinger2010imhappySimpatsyannWritin_Regsimm621BloosmoorobyngravesrosehrtgirlNivyxkatandmariVulorimarcel21NezImaniTanja1986marberg 48 votes

Comments

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires is the best but spa day isn't bad. CL just feels flat to me.
  • Options
    SleeplyCryingSleeplyCrying Posts: 2 New Member
    Vampires
    I feel like there is a lot to explore with Vampires. It’s also really surprising!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    edited July 2018
    Vampires is a pretty in depth game pack and definitely fun if you like occults. Working on leveling up their powers while also having to choose a con and not just a pro all the time makes for interesting gameplay. Not to mention vampires offer up interesting events when they break in at night for a midnight snack on your sims. All the gothic furniture and decor is definitely used in my game even if I don't play an actual Vampire. Also, coffin and bat woohoo. :naughty: The CAS items are very nice too, especially if you been hungering for some gothic related items, plus you get a couple of modern clothing in there too as well.

I love Spa Day. The build/buy objects appeal a lot more to me than the actual spa related gameplay though the gameplay is nice. WelLness skill which you get from performing yoga and meditating. It's a nice alternative if you don't want your sim to be jogging and beefing up on exercise machines. You also have the sauna for sims to relax in or woohoo in. Pretty sure it's sanitary. Lot of nice comfortable looking and modern athletic clothing for CAS. Sims can have mud baths and soaks at the Spa or even at home. My sim actually fell asleep during the yoga class and I'm just 'YOU PAID FOR THIS AT LEAST DO IT.'

Perfect Patio?
    HOT TUBBBBBBBBS. I use hot tubs a lot in my game too and the furniture it useful if you have Sims with a backyard. Not a BIG choosey variety of items, but I'm way more than likely to use hot tubs and children can even use them. Also MORE WOOHOO.

Some love City living some hate it. Or just falls in-between. City living could be better, but I do like it for what it is. You get three new careers to choose from and they're also active careers, so you can kinda stay at home to do other tasks or have to go to a lot to complete it, which I like. Food stalls are awesome in here too, plus there's a big variety of new foods and recipes here to learn. I like the festival's that come along in the city. Basketball court (hidden skill with it). Penthouses and apartments (though they're restricted to JUST San Mynshuno unfortunately). Your Sim can also die from eating poorly made pufferfish nigiri. I mayyyy have put it in some dine out restaurants *shifty eyed*

Living in apartments offer up some nice gameplay. Having noisy neighbors and your sims getting pretty ticked when they wake up in the middle of the night or it just bothers them entirely. It's funny to watch them pound on the door and the neighbor just walks out in a towel or a questionable outfit. You can have neighbors come by randomly wanting to hang out or if you're cooking they kinda just invite themselves to want to eat with you. Bothering neighbors if you're playing music too loud, singing kareoke after hours or woohooing. Can give other sims apartment keys which they can just waltz right in any time they like. A thing I like are the run down apartments where things are breaking a lot, power going out, pipes busting, bug and rat infestation it adds to some realism in making your sim so miserable. CL is a pretty decent EP honestly. Sims can also busk and earn tips as well with a violin or guitar too.

All depends on what sounds good to you and what you see yourself playing with more.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member
    City Living
    City Living, it's my favourite expansion pack. A lot of the game play is quite open ended, basically the pack gives you new items and features and it's up to you to do the rest. One thing I really like in City Living is that you can turn almost any hobby into an active job of sorts, your painter sim can sell paintings on the street, or your crafty sim can sell their creations on the street, sims can busk with their instruments for tips, even the new singing skill adds methods to make a humble living off of. Apartments are a nice departure from normal houses if you don't mind the limitations, they offer quite a different living experience than normal houses, they're more dynamic and 'loud' in a sense. The festivals are like big parties with different themes, they're a really fun social event. The jobs are also done really well, I like how interactive they are, especially with how they tie into the interactivity of the city, even the dine out game pack if you have it. My favourite part about City Living is just being in the city, whether I'm living there or visiting a lot, the city is always really vibrant and busy with activities for your sims, street performers, protests, random NPC's that run by or cause mischief, graffiti locations, the festivals obviously, and so on. One feature that I find to be overlooked are the new lot traits, City Living adds a ton of new lot traits and I find they really help with story telling.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not sure what the price for the bundle is, but seems like the Spa Day/Perfect Patio gives a lot of bang for the buck. Spa Day might be my favorite of the GPs (though I haven't found a clunker in any of them); I use the floor or wall textures in pretty much every house, especially for bathrooms. I love that you can use the bath soaks/mud bath in every bathtub (other than the bath/shower combos) so you don't need to buy a special tub. The muscle-relaxing soak is great if you have Sims who do a lot of working out for their job (Astronaut, Athlete, etc.) as it helps them recover faster, or my stay at home mom can get in a mud bath while her toddler's down for a nap. And I especialy use the Wellness activities (yoga/meditation) for Elders if I haven't done them earlier. Perfect Patio has the hot tubs, and it's also got one of my favorite outfits for male Sims in the Stylled Looks area, called Patio Men. I always end up giving that outfit to my male played Sims when they hit the teen years.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It really depends on how you like to play the game.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    While I think Vampires is the best out of those, the bundle seems like the nicest deal. I love the hot tubs and stuff packs rarely go on sale. GPs have sales frequently, so you could grab Vampires later. City living is cool too.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 911 Member
    Vampires
    I went with Vampires as that's the pack that's added the most fun to my own game. It really depends, though, upon how much you enjoy playing Vampires and having them in your game. Myself, I love and greatly miss the Supernaturals and I'd say this is the best implementation of Vampires (or likely any kind of 'occult') in a Sims game ever.

Otherwise, I think LadyKyn has done a good job of summarizing the strengths of each of the packs. City Living is the one I've found most disappointing in my own eyes, but it still adds some cool gameplay. I was just hoping for more flexibility with the apartments (still fondly recall building my own in TS2) and while the festivals are neat, I've also found them rather glitchy.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If you are planning on getting it all eventually I'd go with the sale. Vampires will be on sale eventually also.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,453 Member
    City Living
    I love Vampires, but CL is more important for the game. I couldn't play without San Myshuno.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2018
    Vampires
    vampires is great.

spa day and perfect patio are great.

city living wants placing in a bin. hate the pack. worse in the whole series for me...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Both CL and Vampires are great. The vampires are really fleshed out and customizable and the CL festivals and careers are entertaining.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    City Living
    I've always loved City Living because I think San Myshuno is really fun! The apartment aspect can get stale over time and obnoxious if you want to grow plants or have pets, but I find that many of my sims end up living in the city for a brief period of time, and move around to a suburban area after. That being said, the festivals always add character to my game regardless of if I'm visiting/living in the city or not! I love the objects and CAS additions, and the careers are pretty fun. But if you're big on playing with supernatural themes, then it's your call if it'd be better to get Vampires!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MoonSim wrote: »
    I've always loved City Living because I think San Myshuno is really fun! The apartment aspect can get stale over time and obnoxious if you want to grow plants or have pets, but I find that many of my sims end up living in the city for a brief period of time, and move around to a suburban area after. That being said, the festivals always add character to my game regardless of if I'm visiting/living in the city or not! I love the objects and CAS additions, and the careers are pretty fun. But if you're big on playing with supernatural themes, then it's your call if it'd be better to get Vampires!

It was raining in Newcrest today in my game, but when my Sims got to Geekcon they were having a heat wave! I could really see the work in having different weather in the individual worlds. I have a restaurant I need to playtest in Oasis Springs, but I'm waiting till fall when it's a little cooler.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited July 2018
    @LadyKyn Thank you so much for your in-depth response!

Thank you so much, everyone! I went with the bundle for now. I am loving spa day and perfect patio so far! Still thinking about buying vampires too. CL is still on my wish list for later. :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Vampires
    Thank you so much, everyone! I went with the bundle for now. I am loving spa day and perfect patio so far! Still thinking about buying vampires too. CL is still on my wish list for later. :)

Sounds like you’re enjoying the Spa/Patio bundle, awesome! :blush: You can always get the other packs later on sale or whenever.

Keep on having fun and simming! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    Most welcome! Spa/Patio bundle sounds nice and I tend to add hot tubs in with the spa buildings. It has a lot of lovely items to decorate homes more modern like plus a lot of bathroom related items too. I love it. Honestly can't go wrong with game packs. :)

City Living is certainly has a lot of mixed reviews. So love it or hate it. My only disappointment with the pack was not being able to build apartments in other worlds, but having your sim being able to live in one is still good with the added game play that's on hand, plus it not being a suburban area is also a plus in my book as a change in scenery is always good. Plus a lot of the foods in this pack you can put in your Dine Out restaurants.

Also, another plus was how much diversity there was with the pack with the different cultures. Really nothing like it that I've seen in previous Sim games along with the clothing and furniture. It stills keeps me busy and I use a lot of items from that pack too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2018
    City Living
    I'm glad you're enjoying the Spa/Patio ones my fav thing with spa day is to have a group of sims head over before big events to get pampered.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,727 Member
    If you like modern builds and furniture, buy Spa Day cuz they probably won't make anything modern as good as Spa Day items anymore for the game. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    City Living
    I was torn between City Living and Vampires but ultimately I went for CL because of San Myshuno - I love having apartments and penthouses in my game.

If you're more into the supernatural side of the Sims then definitely go for Vampires though. It's such an in-depth game pack and I think they're the best vampires we've had in the whole Sims series!
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    Csibeubi3Csibeubi3 Posts: 46 Member
    I would choose the Spa Day bundle, because all of the spa activities and build mode objects. City Living is beautifully done, but for me the restrictions of the apartments are a big let down. So Spa Day first, and then you can build a Spa on the top of a skyscraper in City Living.
    20180613_230543.gif
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Vampires
    Personally for me I love playing with supernaturals so I'll obviously say to get vampires but even if you're not into supernaturals it still comes with great build/buy items and objects.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    City Living
    I don't have Vampires, but it looks nice. I do have CL, Spa Day and Perfect patio stuff and I like them, and their content.
    Here (France) there's this thing on Origin, it's probably the same everywhere, "TS4 Create your collection", you can have an EP, a GP, and a SP for 49.99€, that's worth it and you save money.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    I prefer Spa Day/Perfect Patio first, Vampires second and coming in last CL. I dislike CL for various reasons which I am not going to discuss, I am not into playing with vampires in this version or previous versions.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't have Perfect Patio, but Spa Day is probably my favourite pack after Parenthood and Seasons. All of my Sims do yoga instead of the boring treadmill, and the ability to teleport once you gain enough wellness skill (from yoga) is incredibly useful if you are collecting or need to find plants or visit the fishing hole. My Sims also eat nothing but the Superfood salad, which you can make after levelling up the wellness skill.
    I just want things to match. :'(