Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs Im Noticing in Seasons

kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
Starting with the worst: Sims will just stop what theyre doing and stand there. The game isnt frozen, the clock is still ticking. I need to do the "reset sim" cheat often.

My pets are SUPER needy and my queue fills up with needing to pet the dogs while Im eating a meal. Like 3-4 times in a row.

Sims will suddenly just appear elsewhere, almost like the game lagged and didnt animate them moving from one side of the room to the other. They just sorta time warp into a different spot. This has also happened while theyre walking up the stairs. They dont move their legs, they just magically appear on each step until theyre at the top.

Stuck on an eternal loading screen while trying to enter a house. Ive removed the 1 mod I had (a pregnancy length mod that I dont even think was a problem) and it didnt help

Failing to open their umbrellas in the rain, and failing to change into their hot/cold weather clothes when they go outside. Then they change into them when they come inside

Calendar isnt saving pre-planned events like birthday parties, so I need to just schedule them on the day-of

My female dog keeps yowling with hearts like shes in heat, despite being spayed

Water balloons fights consist of two Sims just standing in the yard in their bathing suits, they throw maybe 3-4 water balloons an hour

Sims walk through their beds

Sims are picking random beds to woohoo in - like theyll go woohoo in their sibling's bed instead of their own

Anyone else experiencing this stuff? I have no idea how to get back into the house with the eternal loading screen

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I haven't played a great deal but, yes, have already noticed some of those issues.

Tonight my sim was cleaning up dishes and magically transported himself from the bathroom to the plate in the lounge and then back again.
    When my sims are eating, they not only have to get up to pet the dog but also to hug each other several times.
    Giving them something to do and then watching them just stand there for ages is very frustrating.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You should post this in the BUGS section where it will be seen by the devs sooner.
  • Options
    kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You should post this in the BUGS section where it will be seen by the devs sooner.

thank you! im shamefully admitting i didnt know there was a Bugs section. lol
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I have excessively needy cats and also the teleporting issues. The needy cats may be CC related because it didn't happen as often when I turned off CC/Mods in the Main Menu. I know people have been complaining that pets don't interact with Sims much on their own, but now they're coming for pets every 30 Sim minutes. And I have the insane amount of petting interactions queued up as well.

Also, have you noticed that you are no longer able to encourage your pets to be nice to other animals? I have two cats and I can encourage them to mate, but not to be friendly with each other.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    As a temporary fix for nonstop petting, LittleMsSam has a mod fix for it here. For just generally needy pets you could give snthe's slower pet motive decay mod a try over yonder.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yeah the sim standing around one is pretty awful. I also (I said this earlier) have a bug when my sim goes in the bathtub and then when he wants to eat, goes back to the tub instead. Sounds like it's not been mapped correctly.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    The Sims standing there was already bad for me before, but now it's even worse. It just seems that simulation lag overall is 10x worse.

The spayed dog in heat has been around forever though.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Haven't pets always been needy though? Mine always are.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sims will suddenly just appear elsewhere, almost like the game lagged and didnt animate them moving from one side of the room to the other. They just sorta time warp into a different spot.
    This is now driving me nuts. It especially happens when my sims are cleaning up dishes, but it seems to be getting more frequent the more I play the save. It was a brand new save too, only started 2 days ago.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sims will suddenly just appear elsewhere, almost like the game lagged and didnt animate them moving from one side of the room to the other. They just sorta time warp into a different spot.
    This is now driving me nuts. It especially happens when my sims are cleaning up dishes, but it seems to be getting more frequent the more I play the save. It was a brand new save too, only started 2 days ago.

Thats happening to me to and its annoying or I notice they like kind of float but not really to a location.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Haven't pets always been needy though? Mine always are.

It depends much on their traits. In one household I have the free spirit cat and the affectionate cat. I often don't even notice that the first one is gone on his little adventure, while the second one is needy all the time. I have Playable Pets mods, so I sometimes check her need's decay and it's super fast on that one bar.

With Seasons I've only played with the family with the lazy cat so far. I wonder if I'm just lucky and I avoided that particular bug, or my cat is just too lazy to demand petting and he'd rather sleep on the new sofa :D
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Bug I noticed today:
    Grand meal don't trigger for some Sims. In my family of four, despite all four eating the grand feast, only two got the check mark.
    Same with Streaking: Two out of four Sims never got the checkmark for Streaking, despite doing it four times. The other two got the checkmark after one time.
    Also, the bunny never showed up in Spring. But he popped up in the middle of summer wanting to come in to play games?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes, the the teleporting bug is really driving me nuts. They just jump up the stairs like you said with no animation. Also, sometimes their arms will warp really weird and they won’t correctly stand together and animate for kisses or hugs. The warping has gotten extreme, where a sim will walk to the sink to do dishes, suddenly shoot back across the room, then magically teleport to a sink.

Sims are also dropping a lot of queued actions.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Not only that but check the Bug forum to see if the bug has already been reported and post that you're having the same problem. The more people that report the same issue the more likely the developers will look into it.

Also try doing a Google search for the issue. I was having an issue with downloaded lots not showing up. Did a Google search and found the problem could be resolved by simply changing the lot name.

• Options
    PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    Yeah I've noticed the extremely needy pets and My Sims take forever to do anything I tell them todo
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Has anyone played with restaurants recently, it seems when it rains sims will run outside to see the rain.
  • Options
    xbackxback Posts: 22 Member
    My sims started walking through walls and one of them keeps eating outside while standing right in front of a wall with no window
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Has anyone played with restaurants recently, it seems when it rains sims will run outside to see the rain.

I don't hope that will be fixed; Maxis / EA seems very fond of stupid over-the-top reactions. Remember in Sims 3 where even if you were MARRIED to a Simbot, you always got the "Help! It's a Simbot!" emote at least 5 times a day. Same with the talking toilets in Sims 4.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    jaclyn1013jaclyn1013 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you to the creators of this amazing game! I am loving it. The issues I have been experiencing since Seasons are as follows:

-When my Sim applies makeup using the vanity table, her makeup disappears after the "powder" step, leaving a bare face
    -The automatic cat litter box is unable to be cleaned, even when full. I have to delete the box and buy a new one each time
    -Outside decorations show in certain rooms of my house
    -Severe wallpaper lag
    -Butler stays outside during bad weather

Again, thank you so much for all you do!!!!!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    jaclyn1013 wrote: »
    Thank you to the creators of this amazing game! I am loving it. The issues I have been experiencing since Seasons are as follows:

-When my Sim applies makeup using the vanity table, her makeup disappears after the "powder" step, leaving a bare face
    -The automatic cat litter box is unable to be cleaned, even when full. I have to delete the box and buy a new one each time
    -Outside decorations show in certain rooms of my house
    -Severe wallpaper lag
    -Butler stays outside during bad weather

Again, thank you so much for all you do!!!!!!
    Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread that refers the issue with the makeup
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-VGSP-Makeup-table-not-applying-makeup/m-p/6874272#M63667
  • Options
    AsheFeyAsheFey Posts: 1 New Member
    My game will not save due to birthday. Even though it has been 2 days since my sim has aged up... So I can not save my game and am forced to just quit and lose all the progress I have made.. :(
  • Options
    AsheFey wrote: »
    My game will not save due to birthday. Even though it has been 2 days since my sim has aged up... So I can not save my game and am forced to just quit and lose all the progress I have made.. :(

Hello
    A workaround is to try to age up a random NPC and see if that helps.
    Going into CAS and back may also help with the issue.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Is anyone having problems with loading to get to families?? this only started today. or maybe yesterday. @rosemow I did what you suggested to others that were having problems about removing the localthum…. folder. I did that and since doing that I have this problem. the game starts really quickly, but loading the family, 1 single sim, takes so long sometimes I have to turn my comp off, because you cant exit game while its still loading.
  • Options
    Is anyone having problems with loading to get to families?? this only started today. or maybe yesterday. @rosemow I did what you suggested to others that were having problems about removing the localthum…. folder. I did that and since doing that I have this problem. the game starts really quickly, but loading the family, 1 single sim, takes so long sometimes I have to turn my comp off, because you cant exit game while its still loading.

Hello @feetinstockings
    Removing the localthumbcache file shouldn’t cause any issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues remain, try moving the sims household to another home and test to see if the issue occurs there also.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, but my sim got stung by the bees when she was wearing the beekeeper suit. I thought that would prevent stings, but she still got stung when she collected the honey.