Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Hire a Gardener???? (solved)

Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
Since I have been playing seasons nonstop since its release, I have been doing all I can to hire a gardener, but its greyed out saying "you need a garden" or something like that.

But my sims household owns 6 tulips, 4 roses, 4 crocus bushes and various veggie plants so I do not understand why I can not hire someone to come and garden my plants. most of them are only for spring of course but even when I have been through 4 springs already (same household since beggining of expansion pack) I still was not able to hire a gardener.

Can anyone tell me what I might be possibly doing wrong?
tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It's a known bug, we have to wait for a patch.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member

Ah thank you so much Alanmichael1 <3<3
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    cabx88cabx88 Posts: 20 Member
    Hello - do we know if a patch will be released for the gardener issue? I can't hire a gardener still because it says I need a garden in order to hire one, but I have a garden of harvestables (fruits, veggies, etc) and I don't have any mods. They are planted outside of the house directly in the dirt. I tried moving them inside in planters, outside in planters, in a green house, and nothing works.
  • Options
    carolinabozoviccarolinabozovic Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello!

I was only able to hire a gardener by taking cut for 3 times in a row in the same plant and that gave the hire gardener option, as the plant went smoky green.
    Although is one only one time visit.
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »

A temporary solution is to hire a butler. I have the same problem too (since Seasons came out, although I have not purchased/loaded Seasons). My garden plants and trees are rated 'perfect', as are the fertilizers used. My sims have mastered the gardening skill. When they move to upscale, they leave their perfect gardens behind for the next resident of their old home (I like my sims to have an easy life), and they plant a new garden at their new home with the perfect fruits/flowers in their inventory. They can't hire a gardener at their new home after planting a garden (although they had one at the home they moved from), and the sims who move into the old home with the ready-made garden can't either. Also, new gardens (fertilized and watered, of course) seem to take longer to sprout since the Seasons update. What I have done with some of my wealthier families, is to hire a butler. The butler doesn't seem to have the gardening bug, she/she will tend to the garden regularly (weeding, watering), my sims fertilize and harvest. After the first harvesting, I fertilize again (if and when possible) and the garden sprouts very quickly. Three full harvests over three sims' days is possible before fertilizing again. That's new, in the past it took longer. Of course, the "you must have a garden to hire a gardener" bug is annoying when one has 40 'perfect' plants and trees in that garden. I hope EA fixes this soon. PS: When hiring a butler, make sure it's one who doesn't have traits like 'lazy', 'hates outdoors', etc. Fire them & rehire until you get one that you like. You can also change their traits by using the "cas.fulleditmode" cheat and right-clicking on the butler to "change sim". Good luck.
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »

A temporary solution is to hire a butler. I have the same problem too (since Seasons came out, although I have not purchased/loaded Seasons). My garden plants and trees are rated 'perfect', as are the fertilizers used. My sims have mastered the gardening skill. When they move to upscale, they leave their perfect gardens behind for the next resident of their old home (I like my sims to have an easy life), and they plant a new garden at their new home with the perfect fruits/flowers in their inventory. They can't hire a gardener at their new home after planting a garden (although they had one at the home they moved from), and the sims who move into the old home with the ready-made garden can't either. Also, new gardens (fertilized and watered, of course) seem to take longer to sprout since the Seasons update. What I have done with some of my wealthier families, is to hire a butler. The butler doesn't seem to have the gardening bug, she/she will tend to the garden regularly (weeding, watering), my sims fertilize and harvest. After the first harvesting, I fertilize again (if and when possible) and the garden sprouts very quickly. Three full harvests over three sims' days is possible before fertilizing again. That's new, in the past it took longer. Of course, the "you must have a garden to hire a gardener" bug is annoying when one has 40 'perfect' plants and trees in that garden. I hope EA fixes this soon. PS: When hiring a butler, make sure it's one who doesn't have traits like 'lazy', 'hates outdoors', etc. Fire them & rehire until you get one that you like. You can also change their traits by using the "cas.fulleditmode" cheat and right-clicking on the butler to "change sim". Good luck.

I forgot to add, that if I place a home (on an empty lot) from my personal 'Gallery' which already has a ready-made garden, I can't hire a gardener there either after the new sims move in. (In most cases, the home had a gardener before I copied it to my Gallery. Sometimes I'll use one of my own homes w/a garden and modify the home for the new sims moving in. This is just another way to have new lot/home with a ready-made 'perfect garden'.)
  • Options
    I don't really have a clue to why my console variant won't let me hire a gardener. I've done it before. Now with this update, I can't anymore. I did not see Seasons pack for sale, but I did see Get Together, but can't buy it. Even if it was available, I don't have much income anyway. That's where Microsoft Rewards comes into play. I've been earning points to buy e-gift cards to purchase some packs. Anyone know which stuff pack, or game pack, or even the most expensive expansion packs where I can hire gardeners again? Because I am at a loss here. EA does not listen to their fans, and I can't take it with a grain of salt. I guess you can say I'm a bit salty.
  • Options
    Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    Not possible to hire a gardener yet... :(
  • Options
    JocelynxJocelynx Posts: 1 New Member
    After I put "square deck" under walls and empty rooms section in build mode and put a plant inside, the option to have gardener appear. I haven't test whether the gardener will tend to other plant outside the deck or not (deck placed both indoor and outdoor allow hiring)