Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    So 'scary' gnomes were actually quite helpful. I found this. Its a cornucopia of seeds!

2rh9orb.png
    :joy: why can't I get that lucky.

I actually left them for a few Sim hours. I honestly forgot about them :D Maybe you get more over time? No clue. Maybe I was just lucky :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Has anyone noticed the price of some meals has decreased? Or did that come with the patch?

h4HfoDD.png

Apologies if this has already been answered but I would guess it's to do with what fruit and veg are in season at the time. Usually the in season stuff is cheaper IRL
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    So 'scary' gnomes were actually quite helpful. I found this. Its a cornucopia of seeds!

2rh9orb.png

I actually left them for a few Sim hours. I honestly forgot about them :D Maybe you get more over time? No clue. Maybe I was just lucky :blush:

lol I had about 28 packets by the end of the evening. They left them wherever they teleported to.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    simm621 wrote: »

2rh9orb.png

lol I had about 28 packets by the end of the evening. They left them wherever they teleported to.
    I am actually scared to even have them in the house the bees are bad enough stinging my sims.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Has anyone tested if lit candles that are placed outside go out during rain?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    There is a fireplace channel on the TV.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    There is a fireplace channel on the TV.

Wasn't this there since base game, when you unlocked it with Handiness skill?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018

2rh9orb.png

I am actually scared to even have them in the house the bees are bad enough stinging my sims.

Dooooo it! Bring the gnomes on! :smiley: Its creepy but fun. Just make sure you give them pies and coffee!

(not unless you want to kick them >:) I've still to try that )

@SageRainWillow that is awesome! LOL
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Has anyone tested if lit candles that are placed outside go out during rain?

I haven't tested candles, but I have had my campfire die out in the rain.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options

2rh9orb.png

Dooooo it! Bring the gnomes on! :smiley: Its creepy but fun. Just make sure you give them pies and coffee!

The gnomes are armchair chess players too. I want to tell them, "Guys, I don't need help. I know how to play..." But then they would just get angry and break stuff.

42974311681_ce2961bec5_o.png

• Options

2rh9orb.png

The gnomes are armchair chess players too. I want to tell them, "Guys, I don't need help. I know how to play..." But then they would just get angry and break stuff.

:lol:

They are watching your Sim play chess? LOL I love this :lol: I need to create more gnome holidays.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

2rh9orb.png

:lol:

They are watching your Sim play chess? LOL I love this :lol: I need to create more gnome holidays.

Another thing I found was that my flower garden had two gnomes from build/buy.... I realized MY gnomes were missing and that two of the five gnomes following me were actually mine and not event generated! All 5 gnomes stayed after the event too. Their halos disappeared, but they they're still looking at the chess table.

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Patchy is currently wandering around Vlad's house watering the plants and putting away vampire tomes. Maybe you shouldn't befriend him if you need to level up gardening. But once a day, you can ask him for gardening tips when he is on his tree. You can also search his pockets for seeds.
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    On winterfest, the NPC's sims dress up like Santa or at least, with red clothing. I'm lovin' this expansion.

Santa.png

• Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    The flower arrangements you make wilt.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    Skellington7dSkellington7d Posts: 16 Member
    Is it just me, or do NPCs spawn festive outfits? I've seen lots of red, green, and Santa hats wandering around San Myshuno and Windenberg. At first I assumed was just randomly spawned winterwear, but when I went to change their clothes they had completely different (and less festive) winterwear assigned. Also, quite a few are wearing sandals in the snow (including a man wearing women's platform sandals with an otherwise dapper outfit.)
  • Options
    SuzywongSuzywong Posts: 33 Member
    I found a holiday cracker in recreation but I'm not sure if it came with the pack as it doesn't have the seasons icon on it, it has a festive box icon. But I can't think where in the world it would've come from other than seasons because my sim is able to open it. So far she has gotten candy and a plush toy from it along with its own notification which included a joke.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So on Talk like a Pirate Day, you have the option to cook "grub food" on the fridge. Also, it allows you to make honey cake but you need honey to be able to make it, which I love!! :D
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Sorry if someone has said this or even if it was in the stream!

But the weather is different in each town at the same time of day. Like really different. I went from a heatwave in San Myshuno, travelled to willow creek and got struck by lightning the second it loaded up! Game didn't give me a chance to even notice it! :dizzy:

I did read that Oasis Springs and Selvadora(sp?) wouldn't get much snow because they are a tropical climate. Its pretty cool. X
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    So, I just discovered that having Sims die from overheating is very easy to do...whether you intend to or not.

This!!
    I had a sim decide to quit lounging in the kiddie pool and put her everyday wear on in the middle of a heat wave. Tended to a few other sims and got a red notifications saying she was burning to death and to cool her quick! I did manage to save her thankfully. But I keep a much closer eye on them now!!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    LairaLaira Posts: 39 Member
    [quote="Suzywong;c-16561777"]I found a holiday cracker in recreation but I'm not sure if it came with the pack as it doesn't have the seasons icon on it, it has a festive box icon. But I can't think where in the world it would've come from other than seasons because my sim is able to open it. So far she has gotten candy and a plush toy from it along with its own notification which included a joke. [/quote]

It came with the free holiday pack.
  • Options
    RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    Spent a good while decorating the Christmas tree, went to light it for the first time only to have it explode and almost kill my sim :lol:
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Poekie03 wrote: »
    When a toddler opens a present one of the parents will (automatically) take a picture of it.

Does it save to screenshots?? :o