Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Official Countdown Thread (Now Released)!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    My game updated. Now to see what mods don't work. After parenthood update I delete MC Command before the changes. I don't know how to play without the ability to control sims outside the home. I have weddings and sims that never come in color matching outfits I picked for the wedding.
  • Options
    XxItalianPeachesxXXxItalianPeachesxX Posts: 67 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    And now she just been abducted by an alien for the first time. She has been quite productive. XD

Omg ! I remember when my sim got adducted by an alien I thought she was gonna dieee lol I was so scared.

LOL I was worried that she would come back pregnant with an alien baby. Though she just ended up being dazed at most. XD

Whoa, that patch took awhile to download. I can't wait to check everything out.

aliens are weird. if they abduct a guy they gently set him down when their done. if they accidently abduct a girl they literally throw her to the ground.

Omg yesssss LMAO
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    And now she just been abducted by an alien for the first time. She has been quite productive. XD

Omg ! I remember when my sim got adducted by an alien I thought she was gonna dieee lol I was so scared.

LOL I was worried that she would come back pregnant with an alien baby. Though she just ended up being dazed at most. XD

aliens are weird. if they abduct a guy they gently set him down when their done. if they accidently abduct a girl they literally throw her to the ground.

Aliens abduct woman too? They’ve always abducted my male sims and every time they end up pregnant. Do women have a chance of coming back pregnant too? :(
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Do women have a chance of coming back pregnant too? :(

As far as I know only men become pregnant in a game that is not modded. I am using the MCCC mod and turned off Alien male pregnancy, instead I turned on female Alien pregnancy :smile:

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Do women have a chance of coming back pregnant too? :(

As far as I know only men become pregnant in a game that is not modded. I am using the MCCC mod and turned off Alien male pregnancy, instead I turned on female Alien pregnancy :smile:
    Oh thank goodness, it’s enough worrying whenever my male sims get abducted, didn’t want to worry about my females too. Thanks for the info! :)
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I tried using the MCCC hotfix; but it isn't working properly. Every time I try to do anything with the garden, I keep getting error messages and won't let me do anything.
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Today’s weather song is another rain one...I need to find some songs about sunshine :lol:

Kelly Sweet - Raincoat

https://youtu.be/oyE4LVA5JY0
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    https://youtu.be/iPUmE-tne5U
    singing this as i think about seasons :):) some say we always had "summer" in s4 i say "what we had was ~~>no weather<~~ at all but now we can have sunshine Again B) oh and spring,fall, and winter" yay!!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    2 Days Left!!!!!!

We're almost there my fellow simmers!!!!!!!

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    edited June 2018
    Okay, seriously considering hibernating for the next 35(ish) hours until it come out.

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    Green house built ✔
    Checked all CC's ✔ (nothing broken, yay!)
    I'M READY!!! ☀️
  • Options
    2 More Dayssssss !
  • Options

Omg It did !!!! It’s pretty good but now my create a sim moves kinda slow time to time .
  • Options
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    My game updated. Now to see what mods don't work. After parenthood update I delete MC Command before the changes. I don't know how to play without the ability to control sims outside the home. I have weddings and sims that never come in color matching outfits I picked for the wedding.

How do you see what mods don’t work ?
  • Options
    How does everyone plan on doing birthdays? Right now I plan on having birthdays happen once every calendar year but I'm not sure how I want to handle adults.

My thinking is that if a baby is born on the first day of Autumn, I will leave aging off and manually age up the baby on the next first day of Autumn. I wan't too keen on this idea to start but I want to try - I kind of love the idea of leaving aging off and slowing down my gameplay a bit. It'll give me more time to finish aspirations/skills/etc. without being rushed against the clock and having to battle needs that take a chunk out of my day to fulfill.

However, while I was thinking that through, I realized that kids have more age progressions than adults to. Baby > Toddler > Child > Teen > Young Adult vs Young Adult > Adult > Elder. And if my Sims have multiple kids, I wouldn't really want to age up the adults every year because they'd age up too fast in comparison to their kids.

Has anyone else thought this through/planned out how they're going to do that? Maybe have YA age last 2 or 3 "Sim years", Adult last 2 or 3 and then Elder?
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    How does everyone plan on doing birthdays? Right now I plan on having birthdays happen once every calendar year but I'm not sure how I want to handle adults.

My thinking is that if a baby is born on the first day of Autumn, I will leave aging off and manually age up the baby on the next first day of Autumn. I wan't too keen on this idea to start but I want to try - I kind of love the idea of leaving aging off and slowing down my gameplay a bit. It'll give me more time to finish aspirations/skills/etc. without being rushed against the clock and having to battle needs that take a chunk out of my day to fulfill.

However, while I was thinking that through, I realized that kids have more age progressions than adults to. Baby > Toddler > Child > Teen > Young Adult vs Young Adult > Adult > Elder. And if my Sims have multiple kids, I wouldn't really want to age up the adults every year because they'd age up too fast in comparison to their kids.

Has anyone else thought this through/planned out how they're going to do that? Maybe have YA age last 2 or 3 "Sim years", Adult last 2 or 3 and then Elder?

Wrote this in another thread (it's called MCC, aging and life spans or something like that - many good ideas there so if you're unsure you should go check out how others will handle it):
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I think I might finally turn it off completely now :D

I will probably take the shortest season length, then define how long each life stage will last by using the seasons as a reference point.

Say, toddlers get 1/2 year or 1 year
    Kids 1-2 years
    Teens 1-2 years
    YA 1-2 years
    Adult 2 years
    Elder 1 year

I use the long lifespan because it matches my needs best, but it still doesn't match them entirely. And since without seasons, I never have much of a reference point, I tend to just forget about my sims' birthdays and often end up aging up many of them at once. So I also don't like turning it off completely.

But with seasons I can map out what works for me as I finally have a reference point again. In relation to sim time, how many seasons should they live through per life stage? What stages matter more to me and which ones matter less?

Thanks to the seasons and the calendar I can just adapt the game to my preferences!

It's like being able to set my very own schedule. When they are born, I pick their birthdays immediately based on the day and season they are born in and voilà. I'll even be getting a notification and everything. :love:

So yes, I might finally not have to rely on preset life lengths at all anymore!

However someone pointed out that with only 1 week per season the holidays could end up becoming too frequent so I might set two week seasons then tweak the lifespans above some more ^^
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    @a_niles06 are you trying to figure out how to have yearly birthdays for your adults without actually aging them up too soon? (Not sure if I understand your question correctly!)

If so, I would just throw a house party for that sims “birthday”. Serve a cake, just no candles! With aging off, you can decide how many “years” you want to wait a lot easier. When I’ve played with aging off in the past, I usually decide parents age up to Adult around the time they’re kids are children (in my head “adult” is 30s- late 50s). I’ll use CAS to add more aging features, wrinkles, graying hair, around the time their kids are about to turn YA. Keep Mom and Dad adults until kids are starting to have their own children, then it’s time for elder! If someone smarter than I can figure out the math on all this, that’d be awesome (lol!).

Hope this helps! Sorry if I totally read your post wrong. It’s super late for me and I can’t sleep, my brain might not be on. :D
  • Options
    @SimTrippy Yes I’m going to start out with 4 week seasons - I’ve got lots of holidays I want to create and having one or even 2 weeks just doesn’t seem like enough time!!

@LaurenLoser16 In a way yes you’re exactly right - I was actually initially only
    trying to figure out how many cycles of seasons (“Sim years”) I want my adults to go through at each age level but yes it’d be cool to still have a party even if I’m not physically aging them up!! Thanks for the suggestions!!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I cannot believe we are just two days away. It seem like it was such a short time ago that a eight or nine was trailing behind that two. What is a simmer to doooo
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    @SimTrippy Yes I’m going to start out with 4 week seasons - I’ve got lots of holidays I want to create and having one or even 2 weeks just doesn’t seem like enough time!!

@LaurenLoser16 In a way yes you’re exactly right - I was actually initially only
    trying to figure out how many cycles of seasons (“Sim years”) I want my adults to go through at each age level but yes it’d be cool to still have a party even if I’m not physically aging them up!! Thanks for the suggestions!!

Gotcha! :D

Well if we use @SimTrippy s math as an example, I’d say YA 2-3 years and Adult 5-6 years. That might feel too long though, especially on 4 week seasons!

• Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    2 Days Left!!!!!!

We're almost there my fellow simmers!!!!!!!

2 days is so far away when it's something you've wanted for so long. :(
  • Options
    PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member

this came to mind:

Seasons of love- rent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7LRuusFqo
    sprinkler.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    this came to mind:

Seasons of love- rent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7LRuusFqo

@PrincessMei My best friend and I both have tattoos with related to RENT and we both want to get one that just says 525,600 <3
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Well if we use @SimTrippy s math as an example, I’d say YA 2-3 years and Adult 5-6 years. That might feel too long though, especially on 4 week seasons!

Indeed which is why I am still not set on 2 weeks either. I think, given the number of days and if it's about aging them up "annually" so to speak, 1 week is actually better as their lives will otherwise get very, very long. I think another way to solve this in relation to the holidays is by making only very few of them real national holidays where everyone gets a day off. But not things like spooky day or love day as they're also workdays in RL. But not sure. This will get a complicated thought process :D
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Indeed which is why I am still not set on 2 weeks either. I think, given the number of days and if it's about aging them up "annually" so to speak, 1 week is actually better as their lives will otherwise get very, very long. I think another way to solve this in relation to the holidays is by making only very few of them real national holidays where everyone gets a day off. But not things like spooky day or love day as they're also workdays in RL. But not sure. This will get a complicated thought process :D

Haha!! Yeah I’m still on the fence about how much I’ll like the 4 week seasons but something about getting to really slow down my game and fully immerse myself in it and have time to complete aspirations and max skills and complete collections and get good grades and reach tops of careers is really appealing to me. I think length of time will depend on how many kids they have. If they only have one or two then it will be easy but if they have a large family it could get complicated really fast :lol: I’ll just have to mess around with it and find what works for me - looking forward to seeing how everyone plays it out!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif