Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you disappointed Halloween isn't in Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    No
    No, it's not there by default but you can create it. Besides, in my country we don't really celebrate Halloween.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    No
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No. I'm disappointed that they took a huge chunk of Spooky Stuff objects and made slight colour variations instead of making new assets.
    NiLLA wrote: »
    Are you not able to create a halloween party? Ive had a spooky party before. Also they had that feature where you could ask adults for candy at the party. Its been a long time since ive used it.

It's in Spooky Stuff. You can make spooky parties.

3 items, what a huge chunk that is.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Halloween is in the game. You have what you need to create the party. They have even added decor. So, I am thinking the person who you are getting your info from at the time did not have all the facts. I am not going to bother to cast a vote.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    No
    like others have already said, just make your own halloween or "spooky day".
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    No
    not really it allows me to be more creative and make a Spooky day and Skull day (Day of the dead)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    No
    We can totally build it and customize it however we want, and I love that!
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    RexZheng wrote: »
    They literally just created a Halloween in the livestream.

A structured holiday will always be better than player created ones..

The structured holidays function identically to the player created ones though. It even has scripted Halloween events like trick or treating and costumes (that was shown on the stream), they just chose not to make it an official event, probably because of Harvestfest. Where I live I don't celebrate Thanksgiving though and will likely just replace that with Halloween. :tongue: I'll also be renaming all of the events because I'd rather things just be called what they are instead of cutesy names.
    I *do* wish there was trick-or-treating, but I don't see how they could work going trick-or-treating in the neighbourhood structure.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed there is no trick or treating I'd like it if kids knocked on doors in costumes and got candy if you have one of those spooky day candy dishes out.

There is trick or treating as I and others have said, so don't worry about that.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    No
    I love Halloween and I can still make the holiday in the game so I'm not disappointed at all. They have trick-or-treating, spooky spirit, telling stories, and wearing costumes. They gave us all the tools to make it ourselves. :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Yes
    Is Halloween an event that neighborhood kids go trick or treating or is it now a party that I have to invite people over and organize in order for people to trick or treat (at the party)?
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Is Halloween an event that neighborhood kids go trick or treating or is it now a party that I have to invite people over and organize in order for people to trick or treat (at the party)?

Read previous comments in the thread. :tongue: you can make your own holidays that include trick or treating or costume using the new calendar system.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed there is no trick or treating I'd like it if kids knocked on doors in costumes and got candy if you have one of those spooky day candy dishes out.

You don't even have to have the spooky day candy bowl. If you do, you can set that on the porch and kids will help themselves; otherwise your Sim will answer the door and dispense candy. They chose Trick or Treat as one of the options for Boo Day (aka Halloween, Spooky Day, etc.).

Anyway, I can make a make a holiday with Trick or Treat, Wear Costumes, Remembrance, Spooky Spirit, and Decorate, set it at the midpoint of Autumn (which is where Halloween is), and call it Halloween or Samhain or Spooky Day or whatever. And if they have a holiday on the calendar that I don't want I can delete it, or jot down the name and traditions and move it.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't think a party for the kids is a issue. Really, how fun do you think going door to door would be when you are faced with a multitude of loading screens? I will take the party.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    No
    I like that I make Halloween my *own* way. :) I *do* wish there was trick-or-treating, but I don't see how they could work going trick-or-treating in the neighbourhood structure. Still, Halloween is a lot more than going door to door for candy.

I could have sworn I saw trick or treating in the option list for activities you can set for that day. Look through the live Play video when they were picking activities for their Harvest Day - it was in that area .

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    jaymancrazjaymancraz Posts: 92 Member
    No
    You literally have all the tools necessary to make it...
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    Nope, because I don't celebrate it. If anyone wants it, they can just make it themselves anyway, so I see no reason for anyone to be disappointed that it doesn't have a pre-made version.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    No
    I'm fine there isn't a default or structured Halloween. I think there probably is a default Halloween that automatically comes scheduled like the Christmas Holiday showed on the live stream, but it won't be called Halloween. Those defaults can be cancelled and you can make your own holidays, which I kind of prefer. It allows for customization. Don't like costumes or trick or treating? Make a Halloween without that tradition. Different people have different holidays and during different seasons. I'll be getting rid of all the defaults and making my own holidays. Halloween is my favorite so it will definitely be included.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    No
    Doesn't really bother me but I never sent my kids trick or treating in the sims 3 so. I'd rather have a spooky day party.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    Umm, why would I be disappointed? I can make it.. or Spirit's Eve or All Hallows Eve or Day of the Dead or whatever the heck I wanna call it.
    I can make a Silly Stir the Pot Day come to think of it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    No
    Really gotta stretch to find something to complain about this time around, eh? :D I'll tell you this:

If Halloween was in the EP officially? I'd replace it with my own version anyways. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    No
    Nope. Because I can always create my own. There's plenty of options to do it. And it may not be perfect to others, but it will work for me :)
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No
    No. I am pretty sure that it is in it as they had confirmed trick or treating (at least NPCs come to your door or take candy if you have the candy bowl from Spooky Stuff pack) and they some decorations and even if the holiday itself wasn't, you can still easily make one for it. I think they just call it Spooky Day in the game.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    No
    Most of the people who voted yes did so because they were uninformed and the thread title is misleading. Halloween is in Seasons, just not as a default holiday. Which is what Grant meant when he said 'No.'
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    No
    Halloween is in seasob -_-
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    No
    Seasons*
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member