Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming vs Tropical pack

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want both TBH, but I'd like a "normal" vacation where my sim just wanders the beach, looking for shells and taking a dip in the ocean.
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2018
    If someone had asked me this question about 1 1/2 years ago I would have definitely said tropical. But ever since the devs leaked that laundry day brainstorming idea list and I saw just how many incredible things could be made for a farming/off the grid pack, it's all I think about. I'd love a tropical pack, too, of course, but I see that as more of a vacation game pack and farming as an expansion pack.

I think some people see a farming pack as just farm animals and raising crops, but in my mind, it's more like a Charlotte's Web, county fair, quilting, jam making, pie eating contest, prize winning animals kind of thing. It's never been done and I think if done right, it could be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i'm fine with both, but i prefer farming.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I want both packs, very badly. I want to run a true farm with chickens, pigs, goats and cows. I want the activities that go with it such as gathering eggs, milking cows and goats, making butter and cream and uh oh, what do I do with the pigs, I am not slaughtering my own pigs, no way.
    I also very badly want to go on vacation at the seaside in a great resort with nice rooms and room service and all the beach activities such as actually going into the ocean, building sand castles, gathering shells, surfing, hanging out at the pool bar, relaxing on a towel under an umbrella, attending a cookout on the beach at night, eating in an Oceanside restaurant, buying beach souvenirs, taking my toddler into the water to play.
    We need them both and need University and Witches too.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I want farming as it think it would be fun for story purposes, plus it's a big part of life even if for most of use we never see it. That said I voted for tropical island because I really want that.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    Farming if it includes Solar Panels, Windmills, and other Green Technology. I admit I was really angry about the Community Stuff Pack (I'm Still Angry about it, they should have Made Laundry a Basegame element, like the Dishwasher was, look how many versions of it was included in packs), However, don't "Skip" packs, mainly because I'm sort of a completist when it comes to the Sims 4 Packs, mostly because of Sims 3 Store Content Missing when I download lots off of the Sims 3 Exchange (it's so frustrating when You Download a Beautiful lot and there are Objects you don't know why their placed there and you don't have the Simpoints or money to Obtain everything in the store, Add On the Limited edition and Promotianal Content, and it gets worse).
  • Options
    DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    I think a farming pack could be something fun and different, it would be great to have animals like chickens and cows
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    Tropical world please! Farming just sounds so boring to me. I wished there was a little less realism (and chores) and that they bring back mermaids and other neat stuff as well.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Farming. I've wanted it since the first Sims game and did my best to create it in my game with what I had and/or mods.
    I do want a tropical pack but it's been done before and I think it's a given that it will come in the future. It's just a matter of time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    If someone had asked me this question about 1 1/2 years ago I would have definitely said tropical. But ever since the devs leaked that laundry day brainstorming idea list and I saw just how many incredible things could be made for a farming/off the grid pack, it's all I think about. I'd love a tropical pack, too, of course, but I see that as more of a vacation game pack and farming as an expansion pack.

I think some people see a farming pack as just farm animals and raising crops, but in my mind, it's more like a Charlotte's Web, county fair, quilting, jam making, pie eating contest, prize winning animals kind of thing. It's never been done and I think if done right, it could be a lot of fun.

Yes. It's so much more than just picking veggies and feeding sheep. It's all the stuff that comes with all the farming that makes the pack worthwhile. Having to get the kiddies up before breakfast to collect the milk and eggs and feed the cows and chickens before school. All the crafting and creating and selling farm produce at a market.
  • Options
    erni642erni642 Posts: 18 Member
    i think that EA knows that since 'island paradise' was such a huge success they're going to remake it in the sims 4, and since farming is being so demanded, i think that EP will be like laundry day, maybe with a few exceptions that they need to take into their own hands. also... I REALLY WANT TANNING!! sorry, its just one of my fav things ant sims 3!!
    tumblr_n6k14jarrC1s9lptno1_r1_500.gif
    take me to paris
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Actually I'd like both.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Why not both?
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I'd rather have farming. JA is very tropical for me and I'm happy with it. I wouldn't mind beaches.....which we have a lot of already, the only thing lacking is the sims' ability to go in for a dip or swim. I did wish though that JA included more plants and maybe introduced more fish and insects.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    There's also a lot more potential to introduce new skills, new crafts, and hobbies etc with farming. Maybe new traits? Early riser vs night owl. I can just imagine a night owl, or a sim with the lazy trait, having to do so many chores early in the morning!
  • Options
    Lenka93Lenka93 Posts: 58 Member
    Farming, but with horses.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    I voted farming but would love to have both. I think the tropical island would be more fun but farming would give you more to do.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I want both.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I'd love a tropical pack, but only if it had mermaids. We need new life states.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Honestly I'm still waiting for a Sims 4 Superstar EP too. My sims need fameeeee and reconition.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly I'm still waiting for a Sims 4 Superstar EP too. My sims need fameeeee and reconition.

This would be great, but I don't think TS3 did it all that well with Showtime. I want recording studios and all that jazz and an actual band/singer interactive career.

As for the actual topic of the thread, I'd much prefer a farming pack. It'd add interesting game elements we've never seen before and looking after farm animals seems fun to me, not a chore. I also loved horses in TS3 and I'd love to see them return.

A tropical pack just isn't of my interest. It'd be used every once in a while when my sims want to go to the beach, but would otherwise go unused.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I really miss tropical vacations/ocean diving/mermaids, but I also would love to see farm animals and horses. Ideally both, but I picked tropical. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Tropical first!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Deffo tropical! Its been 4 years since the release of Sims 4 and I cannot believe there hasn't already been a beach world! The closest we have is Oasis Springs, however that's more of a Nevada/Vegas style and lacks the beaches seen in Island Paradise and Sunlit Tides.

I feel as though a farming pack would be very limited as to the audience, as I personally have never played with gardening, never used laundry and generally don't play with that aspect of the game. As someone who owns every pack from both Sims 3 and Sims 4, I do feel as though a farming pack may be the first one in years I have not purchased.
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    [quote="SimmerOfEngland;c-16539521"]Deffo tropical! Its been 4 years since the release of Sims 4 and I cannot believe there hasn't already been a beach world! The closest we have is Oasis Springs, however that's more of a Nevada/Vegas style and lacks the beaches seen in Island Paradise and Sunlit Tides.

I feel as though a farming pack would be very limited as to the audience, as I personally have never played with gardening, never used laundry and generally don't play with that aspect of the game. As someone who owns every pack from both Sims 3 and Sims 4, I do feel as though a farming pack may be the first one in years I have not purchased.[/quote]

There is actually quite a large number of us who really want farming. Even though I get all of the packs (since the beginning of sims), I find a fun way to use them, despite them not being my style. For example, the superstar and musician style packs dont appeal to me at all, but I dont think it is limiting because I know a lot of people want it.