Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you wish you had your Sim’s life?

Comments

• Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Yes I do want my sims' lives for many reasons. But mainly I'd be any of them because they don't get severe pain and nausea unless they're pregnant or ate a bad candy bar.

I personally get it for no reason all the time!

*A chronically ill person living through their sims*

They can leave their house for long periods of time without unnecessary anxiety! I'd take that!

My sims don't get depressed, they don't have to worry about money, and they are entertained easily.

I wish I was as easily entertained as a sim...meanwhile I'm over there tearing my hair out...

Also my sims never have to worry about their loved ones dying! I'd take that SO fast.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is a depressing question.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    Ehm...considering one of my households has THIS for a pet...
    tumblr_inline_pa6ok1xAMY1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    Not quite so sure I’d want to live their life with that waking me up and demanding food every morning. :D

LOL!!! You have a very valid point there! :o

@Amphora - At least you'd be awake very quickly without the need for expensive coffee. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    In Sims 1 I had "myself" in the game. Every Christmas my "lead" family would host a knees up in their castle, to which I would invite myself, and we'd all party TS1 style. I've got distracted from skill building my current Sim 3 self and must get back to it so I can go tomb raiding in person, rather than just watch my boys go steal stuff and kill mummies. I did try a big Christmas party last year, making a new neighbourhood and adding all my favourite sims so we could all party - they definitely all have nicer houses than I do! It wasn't easy to get them all to attend at once, though, so we ended up having several days of partying. Woot woot! hic. We all got serious juiced motives. Would I like their lives? Hmmmmmm let me see. Big house, frequent foreign holidays, fame, fortune, just the occasional apocalypse when I blow up my computer. What's not to like?
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member

@Amphora - At least you'd be awake very quickly without the need for expensive coffee. :D
    I’d also be afraid the cat either stole my soul while I was sleeping or chewed off an ear or something. :p
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2018
    This Sim I'm playing is currently living in a terrible apartment. However he's married to this so.........
    Gv8z8ps.jpg
    Yeah I'd live his life.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't think so. I once made a sim self and did not feel comfortable at all playing her. As for my current games -

Baby is married to Christopher Steel who is simply not my type. Also he has only to look at her and she gets pregnant. Four and counting so far. She might have a fancy house by the sea shore, a fast car and no dark roots showing but there are limits to what I put my body through.

Melody is cirrently engaged to a vampire. Fangs but no fangs.

Maude is in a same gender relationship which is simply not my cup of tea.

Now I would take Ashley's place. Living in ST in a lovely seashore property, married to Carlos (have you seen those muscles? And he cleans the loo :D ) and one angelic child. It would be like living in paradise, literally in this case.

My only other long term games, currently on hold are the Mullers and the Wilders. Well Meryl Muller is a witch and she is married to a werewolf. One I couldn't stand the werewolf scratching the furniture and two their eldest daughter is married to a lazy good for nothing fairy (no insult intended. There is a nasty divorce brewing there and no grand children :( As for the Wilders then possibly yes. They live in a lovely house in Lucky Palms, with three children, a cat called Fluffy and a horse called Trigger. You will often find them sneaking off to the tree house. I can't think why :D

One or two people seem upset by the question. I do understand what a comfort this game can be to those who are unwell but it is worth remembering we grow through our life experiences, good and bad. It is a sad truth we can't replicate fully these experiences in game, a long, happy marriage, children, graduation day, passing the driving test or losing a beloved parent or pet. I would not swop that for one sim day in ST because I know my sims don't grow and can't really feel anything.

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    My current sim in sims 3 is an all powerful witch who also happens to be a mad scientist that combines magic with science to do experimentations on unwilling people for research.

I feel like if I say yes then I'd be under a watch by the government, so I'm going to do with no :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    I often wish that I was the Sim here: :smile:

31239506_10155503968386497_7890490809840041984_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3c4fe84e53a4c95716c1cb53eddbefbf&oe=5B7756F7

31162378_10155503968831497_4739089432919932928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=44252e1663e854e371a613804484b3f0&oe=5B7877B8

31131671_10155503968791497_5418077204972044288_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5defd215e279289d9813db4524cfb211&oe=5BB688F8

31235078_10155503968821497_373593894836764672_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=595f52833af1a971246e785261106611&oe=5B780E2F

Are those poses? Lovely pics!
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    My current sim in sims 3 is an all powerful witch who also happens to be a mad scientist that combines magic with science to do experimentations on unwilling people for research.

I feel like if I say yes then I'd be under a watch by the government, so I'm going to do with no :D

@Zeldaboy180 , You can say Yes, I promise I won’t tell... ;) sounds like a very cool save!! I once had a vampire who trapped unsuspecting Sims in a secret room and used them for food. >:)
  • Options

@Zeldaboy180 , You can say Yes, I promise I won’t tell... ;) sounds like a very cool save!! I once had a vampire who trapped unsuspecting Sims in a secret room and used them for food. >:)

Haha I did that too. One thing I dislike about sims 4 and miss about sims 3 is that you could trap sims in your basements forever. In sims 4 they disappear after a loading screen.

My absolute favorite item in sims 3 was the Cryogenic chamber to freeze sims forever until I was ready for them >:)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    A house like THIS...

Screenshot-11.jpg
    ...and my REAL wife (the female sim is the sim that I created of my RL wife).

and $30M CDN in the bank. Yeah...I'd be friggin' happy with that. :D Sorry, River, but when it comes to life with someone, I'm picking my @Featherbelle with whom I've been married for 18 years. :D

Screenshot.jpg

I just couldn't play a Legacy with her...under Legacy Rules. That's the only rule I've followed...everything else has pretty much gone to pot.

I can't put up a "comparison" photo because that will be against forum rules against personal photos. Sorry, folks, you'll just have to take my word for it that the sim comes pretty darned close to the RL version.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer , Random question time: Does your wife use you SS in her games? You don’t have to answer it’s just a pure curiosity question. I still want to make a SS of my husband but he’s not for that at all even though I told him he could marry Belle (the vampire who is one of my favorite me made female Sims, you’ve seen her)..
  • Options
    *sigh*... Nope. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    No. Despite all of life's ups and downs, I can honestly say I love and enjoy my life. I don't need to have all the money or material possessions in the world for happiness. Not to mention some of the most miserable people in the world are wealthy and never seem satisfied and always want more. Some of the poorest people in the world are the happiest because they are blessed to recognize and be thankful for everything good in their life instead of focusing on what they don't have. And they don't need to have everything in order to be happy. They are usually the ones who learn quite early that sharing and helping others is all a part of the human experience that uplifts the spirit. And other things that are really important like family and friends, etc. Not what society tells them is "important". Like you need a significant other, kids and cannot be happy alone. You need to lose your innocence and grow up too fast, you need to have a nice job, a nice car, a nice house, a nice materialistic life to have any worth in society otherwise all the superficial people won't even acknowledge you, etc.

It would have been nice if my late mother never got ill and she was still here growing old. But at the same time I'm so happy for the time I did have with her. Some people never got a chance to even know their mother at all or were too young to remember or whatever the case may be. I feel the same about my ferret Panda who passed away of Lymphoma. Or my ferret Takoda who was too bold for his own good. At least I got the chance to spend as much time with them and have plenty of happy memories.

Good experiences, bad experiences...it's all a part of being human. The only thing we have control over is how we respond to our circumstances. With positivity or negativity. There are so many people in the world who are inspirational like those born with no arms or legs and they are some of the happiest people in the world despite their differences. The only real disability is the one of the mind. Even through Panda's misfortune she reminded me so much of my mother's strong-will. Her zest for life despite her illness.

Further concerning the question, all of my Sims definitely have had some sort of bad experience as well. The game is supposed to imitate life after all. So even in The Sims 3 their simulated life isn't all hunky-dory. Quite the contrary.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    A house like THIS...

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I just want to say I love how you made your own beach in the backyard there. *thumbs up*
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Since all of my sims live in gigantic houses, have millions of simoleons and end up with at least two cats and two children, YES! I would love to be one of my sims.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,358 Member
    Well yes, she gets to get up close and personal with THIS face whenever she wants:

WdOW6Dt.png

Just kidding, I love my life. I do. I really really do.

Shut up.
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Yeah... I wish I could be like any of my female sims because their partners are always ♥♥♥! Not to mention most of them are loaded and have a house with a huuuuuge yard for the dogs.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Naaah, this poor guy is single and broke as.

Not to mention that his house was being haunted by several ghosts when he moved in. Tried to befriend them, but they all hated him. :c

First guy I ever started with had to spend his first day in his home sweeping up all the soot left by a meteor storm, and then he nearly burnt his house down trying to feed himself.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    My first reaction to this question was, it depends on whose hand is on the mouse constantly. But after thinking about it some more, absolutely not. For one thing, I wouldn't be able to play TS3 anymore because as far as I know, sims cannot do that.

I wouldn't mind being a dog in almost any of my sims' households though. They have it pretty easy, in fact most of them are spoiled rotten, and everyone with the possible exception of the mail carriers loves them unconditionally.

Now what I would perhaps like to see is if some of my sims had my life and how they might cope with/react to it. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited June 2018
    @igazor Did you really say that sims can't play TS3? Then what's this all about?

wkCZ0Lr.jpg
    (Wait a minute, is he shaking his head and waving his arms in disgust? You know, I'm not sure this is going to work out. It's not me, it's you.)

I don't know how your sims would live your life in general, but I think I can guess how they'd respond to some of the problems you ever so patiently try to resolve on the forums (and perhaps in your offline existence as well).
    1NIXmUi.png
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Hmm... not really. I'm pretty happy with my life, thank God. :smile: A lovely life where I can play the Sims :smiley::lol:
    I tend to play sims that are different from me, because I like to experince something different from my RL whether in career/age/gender. I don't play simself.
    Currently my household is of male teens in sort of boarding school, it's funny and enjoyable to play this household and to see their story evolves. But I would not want to be any of them :lol:
    Some time ago I had a sim which (I) married with Connor Frio, perhaps I would switch with her if I met a cute guy like Connor, but on the other hand I bet even Connor has its own flaws that she has to bare with. :lol:
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Umm... NO! Considering that I'd end up living HERE! -

ZystyIw.jpg
    Happy Meadows Asylum
    p34W12W.jpg
    Also, my bedroom doesn't have enough space for WooHooing :cry:

Not only that but my long-time sweetheart Blair Wainwright just got married to Cylon3Sword (and is currently carrying his child/ren)! :bawling: Why Blair?! Out of anyone else, why HIM ?!

Maybe, once I get out of here, I could get married to (my other sweetheart) Morgana Wolff, since she and Thornton got divorced just recently! Of course, that's IF I get out before she gets married to someone else! :disappointed:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    My sim lives in the tropics (I hate hot weather) and has two kids with two men she doesn’t love. Nope, I don’t want her life :D
    5JZ57S6.png