Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Options blank

My game options are blank. I tried restarting the game to see if that would help but it didn’t and idk what to do. Whenever i start the game to check the game options there’s only a graphics setting and the whole menu is blank.
forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Is this about the Sims 4 ? If so, are you using any ui Mods such as more columns or ui cheats ?

They would need updating.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PKAS1PKAS1 Posts: 13 New Member
    Sorry to be bumping an older thread, but I've having this same problem-- also, I've gotten the newest UI Cheats, and repaired my game, but it's still happening..

Also also, I tried removing the Mods folder and restarted the game, but it was still blank... scratching my head here..
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    PKAS1 wrote: »
    Sorry to be bumping an older thread, but I've having this same problem-- also, I've gotten the newest UI Cheats, and repaired my game, but it's still happening..

Also also, I tried removing the Mods folder and restarted the game, but it was still blank... scratching my head here..

Hello @PKAS1
    Try removing your mods folder again, then delete the cache files, load the game and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

If the issue remains, try starting a fresh new save game and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:

>
    >
    > Hello @PKAS1
    > Try removing your mods folder again, then delete the cache files, load the game and see if that helps
    >
    >
    > If the issue remains, try starting a fresh new save game and see if the issue remains.

Ok, removed the mods(again), but for some reason the game thinks they're still in?? Can't figure that one out, but I tried starting a new game, deleted the cache files, etc, but it's still showing up as a blank. Also, it's like that before I even get into a saved file.

I'm trying to see why the game thinks the mods are still installed, but in the meantime, I'll keep trying things..

I appreciate the help, Rose!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:

>
    >
    > Hello @PKAS1
    > Try removing your mods folder again, then delete the cache files, load the game and see if that helps
    >
    >
    > If the issue remains, try starting a fresh new save game and see if the issue remains.

Ok, removed the mods(again), but for some reason the game thinks they're still in?? Can't figure that one out, but I tried starting a new game, deleted the cache files, etc, but it's still showing up as a blank. Also, it's like that before I even get into a saved file.

I'm trying to see why the game thinks the mods are still installed, but in the meantime, I'll keep trying things..

I appreciate the help, Rose!

Hello @PKAS1
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

The extra mods folder may be causing the issue as it may have outdated mods in it.
  • Options
    PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2018
    @PKAS1 I have this issue, too, BUT... latetely in MY game it is possible to have the game options back when loading a save game. It's blank when I'm yet in the main menu, but when I load a save (or even go into a household?), THEN the options aren't blank anymore.
    I also tried everything else with updating mods, repairing game etc., but for some reason the options are blank UNTIL I'm in a save (doesn't have to be online).
    Don't know why it IS so for now, but I'm happy that I get the options back as soon as a game is loaded. It's only missing on the initial screen or before starting to play.
    Maybe you could try that, too?

Edit: Sorry, I just saw you already went into a save file. ... For me it was like coincidence when it worked again one day, even with all mods still there. ... But before I had the same problems like you.

You can also try the "moving game folder to desktop" (or elsewhere) and starting a complete fresh game (moving your mods, contents and game options back then into the new generated game folder). Rosemow explains how to do that in several threads (sorry, English isn't my mother tongue, so it's a bit of a clumsy try for me). First read Rosemow's descriptions or those on Crinrict's site, so that you don't lose your game settings, saves and everything.
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:

>
    >
    > Hello @PKAS1
    > Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    >
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    >
    > The extra mods folder may be causing the issue as it may have outdated mods in it.

Hm, I *thought* had figured out how to turn off One Drive, but yeah, I looked and there was another Mods folder... huh...(not sure how to keep the game from using the One Drive folders, either)

@PinkHairGuitar , well, I could try and see what happens, but I *think* while I'm playing in a household, it's still blank? (I'll check though, to make sure one way or another)
  • Options
    @PKAS1 I have this issue, too, BUT... latetely in MY game it is possible to have the game options back when loading a save game. It's blank when I'm yet in the main menu, but when I load a save (or even go into a household?), THEN the options aren't blank anymore.
    I also tried everything else with updating mods, repairing game etc., but for some reason the options are blank UNTIL I'm in a save (doesn't have to be online).
    Don't know why it IS so for now, but I'm happy that I get the options back as soon as a game is loaded. It's only missing on the initial screen or before starting to play.
    Maybe you could try that, too?

Hello @PinkHairGuitar
    Is it the gameplay section of Game Options that you cant access, or is it all of Game Options that is blank?
    The gameplay setting section will always be unable to be accessed until you load a saved game.

If it is all the game options settings, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Test to see if all the game options settings are blank. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    > @rosemow said:

>
    >
    > Hello @PKAS1
    > Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    >
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    >
    > The extra mods folder may be causing the issue as it may have outdated mods in it.

Hm, I *thought* had figured out how to turn off One Drive, but yeah, I looked and there was another Mods folder... huh...(not sure how to keep the game from using the One Drive folders, either)

@PinkHairGuitar , well, I could try and see what happens, but I *think* while I'm playing in a household, it's still blank? (I'll check though, to make sure one way or another)

Hello @PKAS1

This link article explains how to turn off or unlink One Drive
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
  • Options
    PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2018
    @rosemow - Hey thanks, that was parallel! :) The procedure you mentioned was just what I wanted to explain before. - For me sometimes everything is blank (options) until I'm in a save. That also concerns the gallery for some weird reason. When I try to reach my followed creators it only works after having been in a save before and go online from there. Not always, but sometimes. ... Might be my PC who has "issues", lol. We'll see what happens after the next patch. B)o:)

... Got to go now, cause my daugther wants to watch some Paddington Bear Movie with me now and it's almost night here.
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @rosemow - Hey thanks, that was parallel! :) The procedure you mentioned was just what I wanted to explain before. - For me sometimes everything is blank (options) until I'm in a save. That also concerns the gallery for some weird reason. When I try to reach my followed creators it only works after having been in a save before and go online from there. Not always, but sometimes. ... Might be my PC who has "issues", lol. We'll see what happens after the next patch. B)o:)

... Got to go now, cause my daugther wants to watch some Paddington Bear Movie with me now and it's almost night here.

There will be a new patch very soon :) I hope that this may help your issues.

Enjoy watching Paddington Bear with your daughter <3
  • Options
    @rosemow , I was able to uninstall OneDrive(I think?.. I'm still seeing the folder for it, but) and I'm gonna restart my computer. Maybe that might help, too.
  • Options
    @rosemow , I was able to uninstall OneDrive(I think?.. I'm still seeing the folder for it, but) and I'm gonna restart my computer. Maybe that might help, too.

Try restarting the computer, remove any mods from the mods folder, then load the game and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > PKAS1 wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow , I was able to uninstall OneDrive(I think?.. I'm still seeing the folder for it, but) and I'm gonna restart my computer. Maybe that might help, too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try restarting the computer, remove any mods from the mods folder, then load the game and see if the issues remain.

Okay, restarted my computer, and(with the mods folder moved) restarted the game. Game options window no longer a blank! :D So.. added back in the mods folder, and still am seeing the Game Options :D . It was definitely OneDrive!

Thank you again for your help, Rose!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > PKAS1 wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow , I was able to uninstall OneDrive(I think?.. I'm still seeing the folder for it, but) and I'm gonna restart my computer. Maybe that might help, too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try restarting the computer, remove any mods from the mods folder, then load the game and see if the issues remain.

Okay, restarted my computer, and(with the mods folder moved) restarted the game. Game options window no longer a blank! :D So.. added back in the mods folder, and still am seeing the Game Options :D . It was definitely OneDrive!

Thank you again for your help, Rose!

You’re welcome :)