Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holidays Official Gameplay Trailer

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't like when the narrator talks like we're children?

Yes! Thank you! I genuinely liked the trailer, but had to turn the audio off during my second watch. It's too much, I felt like I was watching a trailer for a kids show or something.

Omg I felt the same. Nothing against the speaker but this time it was really feeling like she was talking to kids. I know that she's the same speaker from City Living and Cats & Dogs and in those trailers I didn't got that uncomfortable kiddy vibe.

Makes it seem like TS4 is a kids only game, which it is clearly not.

Not to be rude but I dislike the reader's voice since the very first trailer she voiced over. Her voice is too exaggerated at times and it becomes cringy to hear as it's like they are trying to sell the trailers to 7 year olds.

I love whoever narrated Jungle Adventure's trailer, Vampires and Spa Day they did really good.

It sounds like Racheal Frankelin but I like her voice.
  • Options
    I'm going to create the Cool Down Day Holiday for Summer. With waterslides and sprinklers I think it will work out well.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018

It sounds like Racheal Frankelin but I like her voice.

Reminds of tourguide barbie to be quite honest or one of those old barbie games Barbie usually tended to narrate quite a lot in.

https://youtu.be/kX4ABefuIQg?t=19

5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    I think Racheal still does the voice narration for the trailers.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    There's GLAZED HAM!!! everything else is irrelevant That's one of the new dishes I've been requesting for years! Honey Glazed Ham.

I love that we get to design traditions.

I hope there are pumpkin pies too though!! I haven't seen any in the trailer.

I would love pumpkins! like to actually grow pumpkins. i know they introduced pumpkin carving in spooky stuff but to grow it yourself, :o and even have the biggest pumpkin growing contest for harvest festivals.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    There's GLAZED HAM!!! everything else is irrelevant That's one of the new dishes I've been requesting for years! Honey Glazed Ham.

I love that we get to design traditions.

I hope there are pumpkin pies too though!! I haven't seen any in the trailer.

I would love pumpkins! like to actually grow pumpkins. i know they introduced pumpkin carving in spooky stuff but to grow it yourself, :o and even have the biggest pumpkin growing contest for harvest festivals.

Does growing pumpkins take up as much space as I think it does?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    The rewards traits sound like fun to earn, and I'm very excited over creating your own lil' holidays.
    The Winter Father's comin' to town!
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2018
    You’re right, I just wanna see the toddlers get some more stuff to do and enjoy with seasons. I like the phrase “good noodle” so cute!
    Looks like they did. Glad the younger sims were thought of for the pack. More things for toddlers to use and play with is always welcomed. Looking at the trailer again that cute inflatable pool actually was blowing out mist over the toddler pool helping to keep them cool. ;O; It's so cute didn't expect that detail. Playing with snow and snowmen (kinda wonder if they can eat snow) and also being able to receive gifts for Winterfest. That and the recent new screen shot from @SimGuruGeorge seems like the flower bunny plays with toddlers too. It's cute.
    DfNIzSnVQAAYXzj.jpg

I'm really glad that they didn't reuse the same mesh of the bear that has been included and reused|recycled in other packs like
    City Living (racoon), Parenthood (Phase Bear), My First Pet (refaced Hamster) etc.

But I also like the idea of "these bears in each pack" cause sure they did add a pretty neat gameplay.

y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Like_That wrote: »
    You’re right, I just wanna see the toddlers get some more stuff to do and enjoy with seasons. I like the phrase “good noodle” so cute!
    Looks like they did. Glad the younger sims were thought of for the pack. More things for toddlers to use and play with is always welcomed. Looking at the trailer again that cute inflatable pool actually was blowing out mist over the toddler pool helping to keep them cool. ;O; It's so cute didn't expect that detail. Playing with snow and snowmen (kinda wonder if they can eat snow) and also being able to receive gifts for Winterfest. That and the recent new screen shot from @SimGuruGeorge seems like the flower bunny plays with toddlers too. It's cute.
    DfNIzSnVQAAYXzj.jpg

I'm really glad that they didn't reuse the same mesh of the bear that has been included and reused|recycled in other packs like
    City Living (racoon), Parenthood (Phase Bear), My First Pet (refaced Hamster) etc.

But I also like the idea of "these bears in each pack" cause sure they did add a pretty neat gameplay.
    Honestly I can't agree about the giant animal costumes, it's a silly gimmick that tries to force 'wackiness' into the game. If they are added to entertain children or just a single crazy thing including an animal costume in a single pack, sure. But 2 EPs, 2 GPs and one SP including big animal costumes is a bit too much...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think Racheal still does the voice narration for the trailers.

That's not Rachel Franklin's voice @catloverplayer ahahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QVGVy3Shzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il9mN_Hv4RM&t=67s

Unless they added in some major filters.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

No more bears less I can have a pic-a-nic basket for them to pilfer from :V.

Yeah, I'd rather not see reused bear costumes anymore enough recolors of them for sure. You could say that it's

un-BEAR-able. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    The promo is great but until you play the game yourself you will see how this season pack is. I played yesterday with a headset on and the wind and the snow falling down was great. Oh my gosh! It was night time and the neighborhood changed too in the game.

Until you play it yourself you won't know how much they put into the game.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    The promo is great but until you play the game yourself you will see how this season pack is. I played yesterday with a headset on and the wind and the snow falling down was great. Oh my gosh! It was night time and the neighborhood changed too in the game.

Until you play it yourself you won't know how much they put into the game.

Did you happen to notice if there were any new lot traits?
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I didn't check out lot traits but weather does effect how the sim feels in the weather. Rain without umbrella gives 2+ negative moodlets and snow.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Even though a few days have already come and gone, I still can't stop rewatching it over and over again. Let's hope the patch will arrive this week!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Why are snowmen called snowpals? Political correctness gone too far again I suspect. :neutral:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Why are snowmen called snowpals? Political correctness gone too far again I suspect. :neutral:

They... don't have genitalia? I don't see a problem with giving them a cute different name. Maybe they shouldn't have been called "men" in the first place ;)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2018

Maybe there are more options then just the traditional snow man design? Like maybe you can make an animal design or an alien or something? I'm not sure why it's something that has to have a big deal made out of it either way.

~ ~ ~
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I think calling them snowpals is cute. <3 And appropriate for Sims 4.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2018

No idea. it's too cute! and it disgusts me...
    I would have called them snow figures, or even Snow Golems sounds more fun.
    fun fact my sister hates snow men till this day.

she hates it when figures appear outside the window at night, Snowmen, Scarecrows
    I think it has to do with this commercial, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUQjCbjVOU
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    DfNIzSnVQAAYXzj.jpg

Honestly I can't agree about the giant animal costumes, it's a silly gimmick that tries to force 'wackiness' into the game. If they are added to entertain children or just a single crazy thing including an animal costume in a single pack, sure. But 2 EPs, 2 GPs and one SP including big animal costumes is a bit too much...

Not for me it isn't. I have a furry woohoo club in my game so I always welcome new animal costumes. :D Let's not forget that what is too much for you might be gameplay for someone else.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    DfNIzSnVQAAYXzj.jpg

Not for me it isn't. I have a furry woohoo club in my game so I always welcome new animal costumes. :D Let's not forget that what is too much for you might be gameplay for someone else.
    Lol! :D how do you even make that club? I heard people created woohoo clubs in the past but I don’t know what they chose in the club options
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    A club that that should really meet in the woods, at least sometimes. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    DfNIzSnVQAAYXzj.jpg

Animal costumes have been a thing since the very first sims game with Claire the bear.

I personally think it's hilarious and I love it. The only things you really see often is the bear in Granite Falls and the Racoon occasionally in San Myshuno.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    DfNIzSnVQAAYXzj.jpg

Lol! :D how do you even make that club? I heard people created woohoo clubs in the past but I don’t know what they chose in the club options

Activites are 'Be Romantic with Pri-mates, Kiss Pri-Mates, Woohoo with Pri-mates, and Spa activities.' I've only included the massage table as a spa activity. They have a public (but private) hangout and sometimes meet at member's homes for a change of scenery.
    08tWxdY.png
    Inside:
    Sz9d7pn.png

Disclaimer: I did not make this lot, it is the combination of a nightclub made by one simmer and a room created by another which I've edited heavily. That Easter bunny in the trailer will make a great addition. ;)
    Post edited by IceyJ on