Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holidays Official Gameplay Trailer

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I see that Airing Grievances has been included as a tradition. It's a Festivus miracle.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2018
    omg i loved the trailer.
    does anyone know if sims will be going trick-or-treating? a halloween (spooky day) type of thing in the game or not?
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’m seriously so excited for holidays (maybe even more then hairstyles) I don’t really use the club system just cause I’m not into clubs, but I did like how it would work back when I’d play around with it. It was a good way to get a group of sims to behave and do certain things without micromanaging them. They said holidays are much broader in scope so it should be very fun, to for instance do a winter holiday and watch as several sims open gifts, eat cookies and drink wine.

Cause I mean drinking wine is a huge part of any holiday, right?
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I love that woman's violent shivering at the end. She looked seriously cold. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I wonder where our sims will get the umbrella from?

From the umbrella stand available in buy catalog
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2018
    There's GLAZED HAM!!! everything else is irrelevant That's one of the new dishes I've been requesting for years! Honey Glazed Ham.

I love that we get to design traditions.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I like the new furniture, especially the arm chair, the "wall flowers" and the plant stand. The endtable on the left reminds of a set in TS3 seasons.
    2kzKWJF.jpg

This new toddler hair style on the little girl is too adorable!
    a4JrQGc.jpg

And I like this full-body outfit, although I think I might use it for summer. :D Reminds me of an outfit in TS3 Island Paradise.
    GjOUnwH.jpg

The boy's hair is new too.

Yes, I just don't think it is particularly cute.

it reminds me of a comic book character I grew up with :-)
    hoofding1.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Try to keep it on topic guys. :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I like the new furniture, especially the arm chair, the "wall flowers" and the plant stand. The endtable on the left reminds of a set in TS3 seasons.
    2kzKWJF.jpg

This new toddler hair style on the little girl is too adorable!
    a4JrQGc.jpg

And I like this full-body outfit, although I think I might use it for summer. :D Reminds me of an outfit in TS3 Island Paradise.
    GjOUnwH.jpg

The boy's hair is new too.

Yes, I just don't think it is particularly cute.

it reminds me of a comic book character I grew up with :-)
    hoofding1.jpg

Hahahah Jommeke :D
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited June 2018
    Trailer is great, however...

while new traits are all well and good, they featured the new traits that can be bought with satisfaction points. Now reward points maybe nice and all but, where are the CAS traits? I'm looking for more traits I can apply in CAS and I hope there's new CAS traits added as well. I don't want to have to buy every new trait that comes along in the future now. :/ Is this their 'solution' from only having 3 trait slots?

Also to add, more character/personality traits should suffice, not even more traits to create a SuperSim please. Not saying that it's not great with these reward traits, but I want more Sim personality too.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2018
    I loved the first trailer, but this one is even better and makes me want this EP even more! The Holidays/Calendar systems looks fantastic! I believe, for my gameplay, this is going to end up being one of the best TS4 packs ever alongside Vampires, Get Together and though they didn't come in a pack, toddlers. All of these were game changers and this one is definitely another in my eyes. #excited \o/

Something I noticed that I don't think anyone else has pointed out yet was that one of the children featured in the Winterfest segment has elf ears! o.O

GhSst7P.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those type of ears have previously only been available for Aliens and Vampires, right? Do you think that child is one of those? Are the ears part of a 'costume'? Or could this be a new CAS feature? I hope it's part of the pack, I've always wanted elf ears available for all Sims! Thoughts?

EDIT: OH! I wonder if that child actually IS an elf, one of Father Winter's helpers, maybe?
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I loved the first trailer, but this one is even better and makes me want this EP even more! The Holidays/Calendar systems looks fantastic! I believe, for my gameplay, this is going to end up being one of the best TS4 packs ever alongside Vampires, Get Together and though they didn't come in a pack, toddlers. All of these were game changers and this one is definitely another in my eyes. #excited \o/

Something I noticed that I don't think anyone else has pointed out yet was that one of the children featured in the Winterfest segment has elf ears! o.O

GhSst7P.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those type of ears have previously only been available for Aliens and Vampires, right? Do you think that child is one of those? Are the ears part of a 'costume'? Or could this be a new CAS feature? I hope it's part of the pack, I've always wanted elf ears available for all Sims! Thoughts?

EDIT: OH! I wonder if that child actually IS an elf, one of Father Winter's helpers, maybe?

I presume it’s part of his hat or costume.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

while new traits are all well and good, they featured the new traits that can be bought with satisfaction points. Now reward points maybe nice and all but, where are the CAS traits? I'm looking for more traits I can apply in CAS and I hope there's new CAS traits added as well. I don't want to have to buy every new trait that comes along in the future now. :/ Is this their 'solution' from only having 3 trait slots?

Also to add, more character/personality traits should suffice, not even more traits to create a SuperSim please. Not saying that it's not great with these reward traits, but I want more Sim personality too.

They did say there were interactions to choose you favourite season (or weather) - Similar to choosing favourite movies, I guess. This means we can pick other things to make sims more unique outside of the visible trait system (these interactions give hidden traits).
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Gosh, everything looks stunning! The traditions system looks very similar to the clubs one and I couldn't be happier about it, since the clubs system is a feature I use a lot in my games. Now I won't be able to stay calm until the release date!!!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,878 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    There's GLAZED HAM!!! everything else is irrelevant That's one of the new dishes I've been requesting for years! Honey Glazed Ham.

I hope there are pumpkin pies too though!! I haven't seen any in the trailer.

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I hope there are pumpkin pies too though!! I haven't seen any in the trailer.

Perhaps we might see those if/when they give us a look at the new gardening features and the new career?
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    jennihope wrote: »
    omg i loved the trailer.
    does anyone know if sims will be going trick-or-treating? a halloween (spooky day) type of thing in the game or not?

Does Spooky stuff have that? I'll have to wait for a sale and buy that one now...

About the trees not losing their leaves though, it does kinda look weird. Some of the trees that seem to keep their leaves on definitely look like trees that SHOULD lose them. I'm worried they did the same as Sims 2 - all the old trees don't actually react to weather :(
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

To be honest I'm glad that they've made weather-related traits as the reward traits. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see more CAS traits too, but the weather preferences/immunity seem to me a bit week to define the whole personality. The same goes to C&D traits, I'd make them rewards. They could be cheaper, though, so it'd be easier to gain them.
    I'm fine with 3 trait slots in general. I know TS3 has 5, but I often felt like forcing myself to pick them, as quite a lot of them is rather additional to me. I'm not saying that the current system is perfect, but I'd rather have less 'core' traits, but make them more fleshed out, and more 'additional' traits as rewards.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,486 Member

To be honest I'm glad that they've made weather-related traits as the reward traits. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see more CAS traits too, but the weather preferences/immunity seem to me a bit week to define the whole personality. The same goes to C&D traits, I'd make them rewards. They could be cheaper, though, so it'd be easier to gain them.
    I'm fine with 3 trait slots in general. I know TS3 has 5, but I often felt like forcing myself to pick them, as quite a lot of them is rather additional to me. I'm not saying that the current system is perfect, but I'd rather have less 'core' traits, but make them more fleshed out, and more 'additional' traits as rewards.
    I’m glad about the reward traits as well, I wouldn’t want to waste a trait slot for a trait that only come in handy once in a while depending on the weather. I am curious as to what traits, if any, will be in Seasons. All the ones I think of seem to be included already.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2018
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I don't have sound without earphones on this computer (and I don't have my earphones on so I couldn't hear the narrator, lol) -- but I think I have a new favorite couple -- and I hope they are included in the game.

I like the guy with the yellow rain jacket (the one who got hit by lightning in that other trailer) and his girlfriend. They are both adorable.

The holidays look like a lot of fun, even though it is reminiscent of the Club system. I like the holidays characters -- especially the pumpkin man.

Everything looks cute. I like it.

@Idontrcall If the trailer sims aren't added to the game somehow they'll probably be available on MaxisCreator_01 on the gallery. It's one of the official Maxis Profiles and is where all the trailer sims are made available.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I have had to removed a large number of comments from this thread.
    Please keep it on topic going forward and remember different opinions are OK, insulting and attacking each other is not!

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't like when the narrator talks like we're children?

Yes! Thank you! I genuinely liked the trailer, but had to turn the audio off during my second watch. It's too much, I felt like I was watching a trailer for a kids show or something.

Omg I felt the same. Nothing against the speaker but this time it was really feeling like she was talking to kids. I know that she's the same speaker from City Living and Cats & Dogs and in those trailers I didn't got that uncomfortable kiddy vibe.

Makes it seem like TS4 is a kids only game, which it is clearly not.

Not to be rude but I dislike the reader's voice since the very first trailer she voiced over. Her voice is too exaggerated at times and it becomes cringy to hear as it's like they are trying to sell the trailers to 7 year olds.

I love whoever narrated Jungle Adventure's trailer, Vampires and Spa Day they did really good.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    I just realized....

Did they add diving boards to this expansion or no? :p

Haven't seen any hint of them yet. I mean, I know we got the diving platforms from Get Together, but any diving boards tho?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't like when the narrator talks like we're children?

Yes! Thank you! I genuinely liked the trailer, but had to turn the audio off during my second watch. It's too much, I felt like I was watching a trailer for a kids show or something.

Omg I felt the same. Nothing against the speaker but this time it was really feeling like she was talking to kids. I know that she's the same speaker from City Living and Cats & Dogs and in those trailers I didn't got that uncomfortable kiddy vibe.

Makes it seem like TS4 is a kids only game, which it is clearly not.

Not to be rude but I dislike the reader's voice since the very first trailer she voiced over. Her voice is too exaggerated at times and it becomes cringy to hear as it's like they are trying to sell the trailers to 7 year olds.

I love whoever narrated Jungle Adventure's trailer, Vampires and Spa Day they did really good.

Yeah the Vampires one especially was so good x)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    So we now know food stalls will also spawn in base game worlds like Willow Creek, but will they also spawn in Windenburg?
    It's an EP world, but it's the only one that doesn't got food stalls.

No. Windenburg, ForgottenHollow and Magnolia Promenade don't have any food stalls. And much like Newcrest Magnolia Promenade has a huuuge green area with tons of space and nothing but a fountain in the middle.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1