Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full control or let them roam?

As I was playing last night I kinda realized I like for my sims to just do their on thing. I only intervene when needed.

How about you?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    Mix of both. But I like micromanaging things for the most part. I like some randomness like when two sims start arguing out of nowhere. TS4 needs better AI here because I barely see it in the game. The other day Don randomly hit on my married sim at work because he got flirty. I thought it was so amusing. It almost never happens I don't know what programming they did there. Or if it's emotional dependant but NPC sims are almost always happy and that's why I don't see it, I don't know.

But it really depends on the scenario. I'm not about to generalize and say it's all one or the other. I especially hate leaving everything to the sims, especially on TS4 where nothing ever happens, for the most part.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018
    95% of the time I just let my sim do their thing. It's the 5% where I intervene because I either want them to do something a certain way or they are just being plain dumb and is getting ready to so something that would either end a relationship or self.

Now with that said, when it comes to doing something new such as Jungle Adventures, I'll take more control of them, but that would be around 50%.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2018
    I play with autonomy enabled, but also direct my Sims to do stuff. It's the only way for a Sim to display their personality. I like that and build my stories and feelings for a Sim around it. But if I follow a Sim to work, I disable it for the duration of the work day to max out performance. And because I don't want to cancel their wish to wash hands, grab water, play blicblock, and workout a million times.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    As I was playing last night I kinda realized I like for my sims to just do their on thing. I only intervene when needed.

How about you?

Similar. Clubs are great for promoting certain behaviours autonomously.
  • Options
    janitajasminjanitajasmin Posts: 44 Member
    Mix of both but I usually go overboard with storylines for my sims so I prefer to control them lol
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I play with autonomy on but am happy to also micromanage one Sim at a time in a household while letting some others do their thing. Seems to be a good balance for me :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member

I definitely control my sims a lot more than it looks like others do! As I play rotationally and blog the events, I kind of have a plan in my head of what I need to achieve in week on that family so I need to make sure they do it!

I'm all about the control!

Blog: https://sims4-the-premades.squarespace.com
    hqEK2sI.png

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited June 2018
    I generally let them roam around, just interfere when I wanna do something planned.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I let them roam it gives me a chance for housework.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Both... Mostly micromanaging, but I do let them roam now and then for laughs. It's kind of fun to to micromanage one sim in a household and just let the rest run free. Fun to to set them up for failure and see how bad it goes..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    For myself, I have found that I interfere a lot with my family and will only sometimes let them to their own thing. Since I've created a new household, I've been letting them to their own thing.
  • Options
    breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    I have autonomy on because it's occasionally useful, but I rarely let my sims roam. I usually pick everything my Sims do. I pause my game a lot to have every sim doing something. I want to change how I play to give my sims a little more freedom because I think it will make my games more interesting.
  • Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    I always like to be in full control, which can be a downfall as it's probably one of the reasons I struggle playing larger families. Maybe I'll test myself sometime and let them have free run - as said above it may make for some more interesting gameplay. :)
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    i play challenges so i mainly focus on the heir and simultanously on the next heir if they are already present. recently i tend to have large families so even if i wanted i cannot control them all. they tend to do pretty well on their own.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    There is one thing that clashes with my OCD and that's autonomous skill gain. I am coming to terms with it, though, since it's not the game's fault that I'm (at times) a control freak.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    I'm a bit of a control freak, though I didn't used to be in TS2 and TS3 - I guess I just find that Sims in TS4 are much bigger idiots who don't know what to do. It mainly became a problem with the arrival of toddlers, as every adult in the house would continuously put the toddler in a high chair, take them out, lather, rinse, repeat. That, or they'd just go play on the computer or read a random book at every second of the day when they're about to wet their pants.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I am full control. Always turn off autonomy. I can't handle being exasperated all the time by what my sims would choose to do if I didn't control them.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Usually I tend to focus on one at a time and let the others do their thing. So I basically only take full control of the sim I want to focus on in that moment and let the others roam as they please.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Earlier in my Simming days I used to be a super control freak, managing every single aspect of my Sims lives. TS4 has taught me to not micromanage so much & just let them do what they want. I try to have some balance though. Like with my 100 baby challenge....I have 6 toddlers....it gets so hectic that I just can't watch everyone. I try to have a system & work on potty & movement first so they can climb stairs on their own & use the bathroom on their own...making everyone self sufficient...but it doesn't quite work out as planned...so it's a free for all....I just let them do what they want.
    But I noticed if I'm not watching too closely to my Sims like something will happen....in the 100 baby challenge...my teen was in a phase and was mortified & as soon as she aged to YA...she died. I don't know what happened. Thank goodness I was still able to count her towards the 100 baby count....but my gosh...take your eyes off for a second and your Sim could be dead....especially vampires....they love to stand in the sun and burn to death. But yeah....I try to have balance :)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2018
    Have have full autonomy on and I mostly let them do their own thing unless I need them complete work assignment, homework, build skills, work on their aspiration goals, or create some drama in their life. I play with custom aging so I tend to have enough time to work on that stuff without being to focused on it.
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Full control all the way. My regular life has too much chaos for me, and my family members certainly don't like to be micro-managed. My sims will do exactly what I tell them, and things will go the way I want them to. Chaos and unforeseen events are permitted only if that is the story I am telling, and never in a totally uncontrolled way. I did an asylum challenge once and it ended up driving me nuts, I was re leaved when it was over.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I micromanage their needs and let them do what they want once they're in the green.

This way the tedious part is taken care of fast, and the interesting parts of the gameplay are autonomous.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm a control freak myself - right down to the food and drinks that they eat.

Don't order the "Juice On The Rocks"! What are you doing?! You can get that at home! Try this Selvadoradian drink and get your culture skill up! :/
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    SherryRNSherryRN Posts: 45 Member
    Yeah, I'm pretty much a control freak. Sometimes I get a little lazy, and let 'em ruin their lives all by themselves.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    I usually play with full autonomy but right now I'm raising toddler triplets and trying to get them skilled and trained before seasons arrives so I have free will off.