Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 9th Anniversary to the Sims 3!!!!!

Happy 9th Anniversary to the Sims 3!!!!! June 2, 2009 the Sims 3 was released! I brought The Sims 3 Collector's Edition at Gamestop the day it was released and preordered it. Best Wishes always Sims team!

Sul Sul!
Michele

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    My sister pre ordered the game for both of us - the only time I've ever had anything on preorder. Normally I always wait, but it turned out to be awesome. I remember being so utterly enamoured of the fact that my sim could run around the whole world, I could visit the neighbours, I could follow them to work and stores. I loved the rabbitholes, I felt that they made SV look like a real town and they were all so pretty.
    I loved the fact that gardening and fishing had been expanded and that I could find plants and seeds out in the wild. Colouring everything with CaST kept me busy for hours.
    My poor family got no lunch or dinner cooked that day, I send husband out to pick up dinner because I didn't want to stop playing even for a moment.

Over the years this game has given me so much enjoyment ( and frustrations ) I've been highly critical of some of it, and adored other bits of it. TS3 is like an old friend that's always there for you <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Happy Birthday to The Sims 3 :smile:

animated-happy-birthday-image-0086.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sims 3 lover since 2011 <3
    The hate against sims 3 is totally 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I even don't know why people doesn't like it and I wish more mods to come and new gameplay addition soon because I crave for them . o:)
    Happy Birthday to the only sims game I truly play .
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    happy birthday sims 3 may you always be playable even 50 years from now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Happy 9th Birthday, Sims 3. :D You'll always be my favorite Sims iteration. Well...um...my ONLY Sims iteration since you're the only one that I have. :D Just ONE more expansion pack... :D Then a whole bunch of stuff packs and worlds and Sims3Store DLC to get. :D Just like real kids, you're expensive...but oh so worth it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    It's been 9 years?! Time flies when you're having fun, I guess. Crazy though, makes me feel old lol (reminds me exactly how long it's been since I finished school, because I was writing diploma exams when TS3 came out). Been playing this game for 9 years and I'm still not sick of it. You're not so bad I guess, Sims 3 old chum.

I guess I should actually make some time to play today to celebrate this occasion lol.

Happy birthday, Sims 3!
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited June 2018
    Time does fly! Bzzzzzz But at the same time it feels like Sims 3 has been here forever. It's my favourite game of all time, and the Sims community is awesome. Sure, there have been ups and downs, but that's how things are. Nine years, and I'm still downloading CC, creating and discovering new stuff and meeting new simmers. :smiley::heart:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    So hard to believe it's been 9 years! I have enjoyed every moment - best purchase I ever made. Still have my lime green plumb bob jump drive and that great Sims 3 collector book. Cheers and congrats everyone and here's to another 9!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited June 2018
    Nine years already? Seems like yesterday it was 8 years... lol Just yesterday the oldest son of my main sims family (that has existed in some form since the beginning of Sims 3) became a father for the first time.

anniversary.png

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Happy Birthday to the sims 3!
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Well that's gone fast. All I know is that I'm still as in love with the game as I was on this day 9 years ago. I'm glad I stuck with it :smile:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Happy Birthday to the Sims 3. Still my favorite game of the series.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Happy Birthday to TS3 which is one of the two versions I love the most.I've been playing since 2012 and fell fully in love a year later after getting Mods into the game.I'm still going strong with my heavily Modded game and enjoying my TS2 style rotational play in this game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Happy anniversary Sims 3! Wish I’d been there in the beginning for all the fun and excitement of packs being released and getting new store content! But I’m here now. <3
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Happy Birthday to the best computer game ever!!! (In my opinion ;) )

Hard to believe it's been 9 years but I'm still in love with it as I have been since day one! :blush:
    (However the brand new computer I bought to run it on sure is getting old now! :lol: )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Happy belated Birthday to this incredible game! It was a birthday present--to me, from me, LOL. But even after 5 long years, it still continues to excite me, give me new options, help me and is never boring.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Dear TS3,

If you were a child, you would be entering the 4th grade now (or the equivalent in other countries), writing book reports, and learning to do long division on your own. Pretty soon you'll be dating and demanding the keys to the family car.

Where does the time go? We're all so proud of you! :'(

Love,
    Everyone Here
    :)

The Sims 3 is in 'year three' at school. It would be in the 'Juniors' or kept in 'First School' as it was in my area.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Belated Birthday Wishes <3 I got the game as a birthday present to myself in August 2009 and apart from a couple of spells of ill health and a brief flirtation with TS4 I have been playing the game ever since. I love the freedom the game gives you, not only the beautiful open worlds but the ability to create pretty much what you want for your sims. Literally from the ground up. And all the wonderful things our sims can do, like swimming in the sea and the fun objects like tanning booths, canning stations wonky cows and bad tempered chickens. Just love it all and when I sit down to play the sense of excitement and anticipation is still there after all these years. Long may it continue for all of us.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Happy Birthday TS3 :) I got the game in the first week after it came out and have had countless hours of pleasure from it :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Happy 9th Birthday to Sims 3. I had to wait a few days for my preordered copy to arrive in the store. But I picked it up the day they notified me it had arrived. It's still my fav game.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    It's fun to think of TS3 as a child that's grown up in the last nine years, but I guess I've always thought of it more like a friend. The game and I met when I bought a computer capable of running it in the fall of 2010, and I was immediately fascinated by this new presence in my life. We hung out for what was probably an unhealthy amount at first (some games, like some people, can be quite addictive), then gradually reached a more comfortable balance. A few years in, we'd go months without seeing each other as life got in the way, but when we did get to spend some time together again, it felt like we'd never been apart.

Now, circumstances have changed: I have a new computer and received an incredible amount of help from a certain tech genius—okay, and some needed and very-much-appreciated prodding to Bootcamp. With all the new packs I bought for the first time, I feel like I have a fresh chance to get to know this beloved game in ways I hadn't thought were within reach. I'm relishing the opportunity, and trying to just let things unfold at a relaxed pace that prolongs this stage as much as possible. I know it sounds sappy, but no game has given me so much enjoyment for so long, and no other game has ever come close to lighting up my imagination in such an enchanting way. I hope TS3 is around for a long time, so that people going forward will still have the opportunity to discover it, and hopefully, to enjoy it as much as I do.
  • Options
    MagicEmeraldMagicEmerald Posts: 38 Member
    My favourite Sims game so far. I own tons of expansions, stuff packs and a couple of worlds for it. Soon it will be a decade old wich is kinda sad :'(