Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Season are you starting off in and Why?

YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
I’m thinking off staring off in Winter because winter scenery is just so beautiful

What Season are you starting off in and Why? 160 votes

Summer
33%
CK213cameronw209LeGardePourpretinahjalmarIceyJaelias24BunnyBoxers5sillehbeeAndreaTheHerofruitsmiselanorbretonKartaiAnmirlaVuloriashcrash19PlumbobCrossingcheesetruckelelunicy12JEREMIALadyKyn 54 votes
Autumn
30%
auroraael14asiamomma82Sara1010PSikoahGraceLadyMariketaElliee1984Simpatsyannkemiszcchant86a_niles06WinterKhirineizelbyTreebrookeSeptJanOctkittymeowZeldaboy180XxAirixXLexington1988anosesgiveit2me 49 votes
Winter
14%
Poekie03JeanJaiSeaSimmieLuveraprilrosetanakakicatloverplayerKiaraSims4ModsDoloresGreyrjssimInternal_ChaosSusim62John65A9KaicomicsforlifeCringecrewjoRN1414ConfusedSubYannoliTheHarbinger_51 23 votes
Spring
21%
Kita5399IcewolfBillysim143alan650111OhRenSimsrudolphaWritin_Regkeekee53tegteg87simgirl1010mock68alanmichael1stilljustme2pajamajam07PegasysBloodValkyriebrookiepeoplesChampandGirlieBlueSeaWavesAlbaWaterhouse 34 votes

Comments

• Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn

Why? I think of Autumn as a good bye to summer, a reminder to buckle down and get to work, and preparation for what lies ahead. It's time to bring out the cozy sweaters, heavier blankets, and take nice afternoon walks because it's neither too hot or too cold. School gets underway, after school snacks include hot tea or cocoa, bonfires, marshmallow roasting, the anticipation of that candy on Halloween and finally deciding on what costume you're going to wear. Kind of the last ditch effort to hang onto the summer but knowing the cold days of winter are right around the corner.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Spring
    I think I'll start up in Spring as it's the first season of the year and it'll be such a build up for Winter time.
    Does anyone know if we are getting any beach stuff or pool/garden toys?
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Summer
    Summer, because it's my favorite season and in my country it's the first season of the year.
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Winter
    I picked winter, but it will depend on what season it is when I get around to buying the game. Since my main save is played with aging off, I like my sims to live in the same season as me.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn because I love cold weather, sims 4 is already non stop summer so I want to start with something different! I'm so excited to see the autumn wind and the snowy days in winter. :smiley:
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Winter
    Winter so I can experience it , then Spring, Then Summer, Then Fall.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Autumn
    Either fall or summer. Why? because fall is my favorite season in real life. I love the colors and the outfits. I might start in summer just to prep for fall so I'm not 100% sure what I'll do yet.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    Spring
    Because of the seasons, it represents the beginning of life.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Summer
    I plan to start with Summer so that it does not feel like a huge instant change and my sims can adjust to the changing seasons from there :)
  • Options
    Winter
    Because of the seasons, it represents the beginning of life.

Wow, I never realized that spring was interpreted in that way. Cool!
  • Options
    Winter
    I plan to start with Summer so that it does not feel like a huge instant change and my sims can adjust to the changing seasons from there :)

That is a smart way of introducing Seasons into your game haha. I just wanna jump right into a new experience
  • Options
    Winter
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Autumn because I love cold weather, sims 4 is already non stop summer so I want to start with something different! I'm so excited to see the autumn wind and the snowy days in winter. :smiley:
    I’m very excited too! Only a few weeks until we get to live our fantasy
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Winter
    Winter!
  • Options
    Winter
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Summer, because it's my favorite season and in my country it's the first season of the year.
    Fall and Winter tie close for my favorite season. When you mean first season of the year, do you mean the season that January starts in?
  • Options
    DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member
    Spring
    It'll be either Spring or Summer, depending which is closer to the default. I want to see the transition into the new stuff happen naturally.
  • Options
    MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2018
    Autumn
    Autumn! I'm ready for the long, eternal summer to draw to a close. Three and a half long years of nothing but sunny days...time to start the march to winter's sleep. I'm ready to see my sim's neighborhoods change. And Holidays!! <3
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Autumn
    Fall for Halloween! I never cared much for summer and the only thing I really care about in the spring is my birthday (which is just before the release of this expansion), so I am probably going start with fall then winter.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Ooh good question, and one I need to think about!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Summer
    As I said in another thread, summer is the closest approximation to what we've had since launch. So I will start with that and then let the pack do its magic.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn, my favorite season.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Spring
    Spring because that is how I always had them running in all my Sims games. Spring, summer, fall, winter
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2018
    Summer
    Summer, because that is the weather now irl, and I want to have my sim families go through the seasons. I want to watch that colorful transition from spring to fall, and then the beautiful transition to the pretty, sparkly snow of winter. :smile:
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Spring
    Spring! Can't wait to see/hear the rain, work on any new harvestables, beekeeping, and flower arranging.
  • Options
    floralfloral Posts: 10 New Member
    Summer
    Summer! Since the game is most like summer now, I wanna see how it's different with the EP and then transition to Autumn and the rest of the seasons.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2018
    Winter
    Yannoli wrote: »
    I’m thinking off staring off in Winter because winter scenery is just so beautiful

Winter just for testing purposes. I'm not saving. I play Seasons by the season I'm in now which is Summer but for testing purposes I will be starting off with winter to test the snow,winter activities,holidays and ice skating. I'm mainly doing it for pictures because snow is already looking pretty when it's falling judging from the trailer. I'm also going to test the weather machine to see what blizzards actually look like.

Be advised we'll probably be able to shift click on the ground to change weather and seasons as well with testingcheats.