Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    @simgirl1010 thank you very much. Okay then. I'll wait til release day and purchase the extra copy ;)

Ooooh I can't wait for Seasons! and now @Wririn_Reg, can experience the same PEPS as me <3
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I cannot imagine anyone who has asked for different weather or wanted more activities for the sims or wanted kiddie pools and sprinklers - never mind the ones who wanted more clothing and an additional clothing category in the game even thinking twice on needing to know more or weighing getting this ep -Oh and Holidays! Of course I want it. I do hope to get it when it comes out, (big expenses this month coming - SIGH) but either way I will be getting it sooner or later. No question. Must have those sprinklers! LOL.

(Slip n slides and pools don't fit on many of my sims lots. My simmies need water fun in the sun somehow. Sprinklers and Kiddy pool - are a must.)

Hey @Writin_Reg, we don't know each other, but I have seen your name around the forums since at least sims 2/3, so I know you love the game as much as I do, even the disappointing lack at times. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to gift you a copy of the Seasons expansion pack....no, seriously sweet, as a blessing :) Also, I think a bird has been whispering that it's your Birthday today soooooo, Happy Birthday angel!

PS....how do I go about this gifting of the Seasons EP. I have never done it before so, I'm clueless on the process.

OMG thank you so much and yes it is my Birthday today. It's been the only thing I have wanted since I heard it was coming out. Believe me I have PEPS big time for this pack. Bless you - and thank you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I will probably buy it, but I'm disappointed that things are being left out already. First snow depth (which I didn't mind at first), now sun burns and sun tans, and now the maps will not change for seasons. Still, other things in the pack sound really cool. I just hope other things in the game haven't been left out :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I will probably buy it, but I'm disappointed that things are being left out already. First snow depth (which I didn't mind at first), now sun burns and sun tans, and now the maps will not change for seasons. Still, other things in the pack sound really cool. I just hope other things in the game haven't been left out :'(

Like what?
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Yas! The trailer and screenshots and details from gurus have cleared my skin and cured my depression! :smiley: Unfortunately I'm poor and my computer is an old hag so I'm hoping to scrape up enough to both buy more RAM and buy Seasons by early July. If I could I would've pre-ordered it already.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Pre-ordered.
    Still not the pack I am most excited about (that was City Living).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    Yes! And I can't wait. I pre-ordered it on payday as I know I'll be low on funds by the time it comes out (right before my next payday!)

I did originally intend on being all cool and collected, and waiting on reviews and more news before I decided whether to buy it at release or on sale, but that only lasted for about... ooh, ten seconds into the trailer.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I'm buying for new outdoor activities and realistic, down to earth careers.

Overall, I don't care for seasons and weather. They get pretty annoying after a while.
  • Options
    RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    I'm still in the "maybe" camp; I have been (sporadically) keeping up to date with the latest Sims 4 news and whatnot, but I haven't bought C&D as well as the latest two game packs. And I only own four of the stuff packs. I've been hesitant to buy any more DLC for TS4 as you can tell, haha. Seasons, however, did pique my interest again...buuut I want to wait and see what the next weeks will bring in terms of "gameplay revelations" etc. Not too happy about some of the limitations/lack of (aesthetic) features that have surfaced already, however, I'm still on the fence. We'll see on which side I'll be in the next weeks and whether Seasons will compel me to come back to TS4.
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• Options
    RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    I'm still buying it despite the whole snow depth thing, which I'm not that bothered about anyway. I've waited too long and to be honest I think the rest of the pack will make up for it. I'll probably wait for a sale like I did with the rest.
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Yes! Seasons is my favorite expansion so I can't wait for this one :)
  • Options
    HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    Yes can't wait!
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I pre-ordered it the day it was announced.
  • Options
    EttaEtta Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm extremely excited for Seasons! I've been patiently waiting for three things from the very start: Toddlers, pets, and weather! I'm slightly disappointed with a few things that won't be included in Seasons this time around, but it's definitely not a deal breaker! Weather is a must in the game and I can't wait! (Plus it comes out on my birthday! Talk about good timing!)
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes. It's a must just like University and Witches are.
  • Options
    EttaEtta Posts: 8 New Member
    > @mika said:
    > Yes. It's a must just like University and Witches are.

I definitely agree with you about University, not so much about witches. Same went for Vampires. I don't like stuff like that in my Sim world.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Etta wrote: »
    > @mika said:
    > Yes. It's a must just like University and Witches are.

I definitely agree with you about University, not so much about witches. Same went for Vampires. I don't like stuff like that in my Sim world.

Then don't buy it. We all have different tastes.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    We're all different. I downloaded the Diploma mod for Sims3 that allowed you to click on it and skip University altogether and still get the trait. I really really hated it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It will have to wait if I buy it. I will listen to the reviews of other simmers before finally deciding. When they came up with Seasons of Sims 3 I bought it right away and really loved it. Sims 4 packs with the exception Of the Jungle Adventures and The Vampires, I don't normally buy right away even if the money is there to pre-order it or buy it on release. I don't know if Sims 3 had a better marketing and advertising team because I was always buying new packs as soon as released with Sims 3.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    More of a Maybe leaning to Yes; of course I'll buy it to complete the game, but I'm waiting for more info before I make my full decision of whether or not it's even worth my money at full price or on a sale.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    No question about it. This is always one of my most anticipated expansion packs, since the Sims 2.

It's just seems like a must if not dynamic pack to have, since weather can affect everything. From how you plan your day for your sim, events being ruined due to weather, and even pets reacting to it. I don't think I've been this excited for a expansion since Get together. Definitely not getting weather in any other pack.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes, I will be getting Seasons. It may not be on release date, but I will get it.

I liked the trailer and am excited about what is to come ;)
  • Options
    fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    I'll be buying it for sure. Along with pets, seasons is my most anticipated expansions for sims games and out of all the others these are the 2 that I have to have...
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited November 2018
    Never mind
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I think I am going to buy this one. I am disappointed about the lack of snow depth but this pack appears to be packed full of additional gameplay. I am not going to preorder. I am still going to wait until it is out and I have all the facts before I purchase. I am cautiously excited for the all the activities and holidays.