Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you most excited for in The Sims 4 Seasons?

Comments

• Options
    JoshuaSims_JoshuaSims_ Posts: 10 New Member
    WEATHER!!!
  • Options
    simmerkaratekitsimmerkaratekit Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey,
    I am really new to this, I don't know what I am doing. Help me somebody!!!!!!! :#
  • Options
    simmerkaratekitsimmerkaratekit Posts: 4 New Member
    Sorry, but I am just really confused.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    There wont be festivals. They focused on Holidays this time.

There are festival type things, but it isn't as big as the holidays. You can tell during the trailer as there are huge Christmas trees in the park and food stands at the back. Also, EA emailed YouTubers telling them more and it talked about a Fall Harvest, which sounds pretty festival like. :)

@0xx_Simmer_xx0, where did you hear about a Fall Festival?
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    The storms! The light rain that starts off, the distant thunder and the ever increasing wind until it’s right on top of you crashing and howling with the rain lashing the windows! So much yes!!!! I loved what I saw of the Spring storms!!!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Wouldn't it be great if snow did not accumulate?

I bet everyone wants that too.
    :p
    o:)
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited May 2018
    "where did you hear about a Fall Festival? ''

I read it too, I think, in the Origin description.

Here.. " or gather the family for a bountiful harvest feast. "
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    "where did you hear about a Fall Festival? ''

I read it too, I think, in the Origin description.

This is in the Origin description:
    befriend a magical scarecrow at the fall harvest...
    Harvest honey in the fall, play in leaves or have child Sims make homemade holiday crafts....
    gather the family for a bountiful harvest feast...

It sounds more like a Thanksgiving holiday (especially with the kind of harvest timing that we have up here in Canada, where Thanksgiving is in early October) than a "festival" in a Sims 3 type way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Aaah alright. Thanks.

Also this suggests sims will get sunburnt. "From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world’s climate is unique and impacts your Sims’ choices, relationships and daily activities."
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Weather. As in, I'm excited to see what they've done with it. Unlike others who find reasons to nitpick when it's not even released, I'm content to see what it has first, before I start to rant. We ALL may be pleasantly surprised. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    And this, "Make the most out of the weather all year round, from crisp snowfalls to sweltering heat" .
    Sweltering heat must mean sims can get sunburnt.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Aaah alright. Thanks.

Also this suggests sims will get sunburnt. "From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world’s climate is unique and impacts your Sims’ choices, relationships and daily activities."

That could mean a *lot* of things. I don't see why it suggests sunburn any more than anything else. I feel like we might have seen it in the trailer if it was there :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Definitely the Gardeing career and the flower arranging -- finally I'll have a purpose for flowers other than fertilizer or to add to an upgraded washing machine. Also looking forward to remodeling the two current large parks to add the swings. Might take a while for mods to be updated so I'll have lots of time for building. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    A lot of my sims are outdoorsy and gardeners so I'm excited to see the gardening career, bee-keeping, and pretty much all the new outdoor activities shown in the trailer. I'm also happy to see that sims can now give gifts for the holidays. I always thought it sad that we had Xmas trees and decorations, but no interactions for them.
    The four seasons would be a nice change, although I really hope we can have control of the seasons for each world.
  • Options
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    There wont be festivals. They focused on Holidays this time.

There are festival type things, but it isn't as big as the holidays. You can tell during the trailer as there are huge Christmas trees in the park and food stands at the back. Also, EA emailed YouTubers telling them more and it talked about a Fall Harvest, which sounds pretty festival like. :)

I'm thinking of doing four separate park lots for the big one in Willow Creek and the new one I'm working on in Windenburg, each one decorated for a different season. Then I just go into Manage Worlds and switch them out on the first day of the season. Also thinking of 4 different seasonal stores if I can get them to work out (and if the Lice Cold Freezer bugs ever get squashed).
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I find it hard to believe the devs wouldn't add in suntan or sunburn when there is sweltering heat, extreme weather. There even is a sunburn mod ; )

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=607604
  • Options
    And this, "Make the most out of the weather all year round, from crisp snowfalls to sweltering heat" .
    Sweltering heat must mean sims can get sunburnt.

Or maybe death by heat stroke if you're not careful. Keep your Sim hydrated and do most of your activities early in the day or in the evening when it's a bit cooler. If you have to go out wear a sun hat and loose clothing (I've been getting more into hats lately now that we've got some cool headgear with JA -- been using the cowboy hat and boots a lot on female Sims).
  • Options
    rachelh88playerrachelh88player Posts: 146 Member
    I am really looking forward to seasons making a return and weather - I love anything that makes the game feel more realistic and adds to it in subtle but important ways. Rain and storms I am most looking forward to weather wise, although I don't like too much rain in real life! Also, as others have said, new CAS items, there's some great looking new hairstyles, new recipes, the kids pool, bee keeping (I hope we can use the honey in recipes) and flower arranging - I loved the flower arranging in Open For Business, hope we'll be able to open florists with Get To Work installed, I don't see why not.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I’m excited about getting the swing sets back, the weather first and foremost, the kiddie pool and Finally an option for pool parties
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am excited about everything. This is my first Sims-game so it is the first time I will be able to play with seasons installed. Looking forward to what it will do with the game and the stories I am telling.

25 days is such a long loong time to wait.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

Snow!! I don't get a lot of snow where I live, so I enjoy it vicariously through my sims. I'm actually excited for ALL of it, though. Rain storms would be my second choice for 'most excited about', and then fall leaves. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Summer and rainy days. Plus the CAS and holidays
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am usually not crazy about weather in The Sims - espcially snow - but none of the holidays really made sense without it either. Also I really, really hope that the return of "Love Day" means that there will be slow dancing. And the flower bouquets are a nice touch. Until now I would get rid of all the flowers in my sims' gardens when they leveled up their gardening skills and stick to the useful herbs, vegetables and fruit for cooking. I am very curious to find out how involved this will be e.g. will you need a certain amount of specific flowers to make a particular bouquet, bouquet recipes so to speak, or will you just need x amount of any flower? More information is needed.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    definitely the ice skating and roller blading rink!! Reminds me of my childhood days lol
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I love taking my sims and their club members out for fun activities so I'm very happy about the swings and skating. Hopefully we'll be able to set them as club activities too.
    I regret some of my life choices.