Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is the snow so flat? :(

Did anyone else see that the snow has no depth to it? I wonder why they could do it in TS3 but not now.

Comments

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Maybe it’s like TS2, and it’s flat at first, but the more it snows the deeper it gets? I dunno. I hope so
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Blame Sims 4 art style

I don’t think that’s it, maybe it’s to keep the specs low, although TS3’s snow covered the entire open world and didn’t seem to have any issues, I would have thought TS4s closed worlds could handle thicker snow.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Maybe it’s like TS2, and it’s flat at first, but the more it snows the deeper it gets? I dunno. I hope so

I hope so too
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Maybe for a few reasons, possibly for better performance, or to match the art style, or maybe it does get deeper over time but we just didn't see anything yet. There does seem to be clumps/patches of snow for sims to shovel, so maybe it was for gameplay purposes, instead of having an entire flat area to shovel, only a few areas would need to be shoveled.
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Ugh i kinda thought the same thing. It looks blah
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited May 2018
    I actually noticed that right away as well. It just looks like the ground turned white and the sim’s shovel wasn’t really digging into the snow there. But. I guess we don’t know for sure yet on that. It’s a bit disappointing but not the end of the world for me
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Cause Sims 4 engine isn't that great for developing that kind of stuff or it's designed so that folks with toasters for computers can even play the game.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Can you post a visual example? It looked fine to me
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Can you post a visual example? It looked fine to me
    In the trailer it looks like it's just a white texture replacement. No depth.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Hope it won’t just be a simple terrain re-color.

I noticed the trailer showed shoveling so it’d seem very strange for them to add that series first feature and then remove accumulated levels of snow.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I noticed the trailer showed shoveling so it’d seem very strange for them to add that series first feature and then remove accumulated levels of snow.

My question is what are the shoveling snow for?
    Don't people usually do it clear driveways and paths? Just shoveling snow for no reason would be strange.

If you didn't notice, I don't live in a place with snow XD
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

My question is what are the shoveling snow for?
    Don't people usually do it clear driveways and paths? Just shoveling snow for no reason would be strange.

If you didn't notice, I don't live in a place with snow XD

I was thinking the same thing! But I imagine they have to clear their front door entrance, and the driveway whenever we get cars.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    That is seriously the only disappointment I have so far! Someone needs to ask the gurus if there is actual snow accumulation!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited May 2018
    It seems there's a layer of snow on the roof though. And sims can apparently can leave footprints in the snow.

5y8c94.png
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    I came to the forums to post this exact concern of mine. I'm glad to see someone else noticed that the snow was flat. I loved TS3 snow, I'm really hoping they do more for accumulation of snow.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I thought the sims were just getting an early start playing in the snow. :lol: I was actually trying to play TS3 while watching the trailer so I re-watch it and I noticed all the snow activities in what looked to be very little snow. It does seem weird, but I guess you could chalk it up to weirder stories.

I'm just happy that they seem to have done something decent, even with the snow thing, and I hope they don't ruin it.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    Maybe the snow gradually gets deeper like it did in Sims 3?
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Blame Sims 4 art style

I don’t think that’s it, maybe it’s to keep the specs low, although TS3’s snow covered the entire open world and didn’t seem to have any issues, I would have thought TS4s closed worlds could handle thicker snow.

Exactly. Please for the love of God, EA, don't leave us with flat snow.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Here some parts of the roof have less snow which would indicate it comes gradually.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did anyone else see that the snow has no depth to it? I wonder why they could do it in TS3 but not now.

Most likely it hasn't been polished yet or that isn't the deepest we'll see.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Here some parts of the roof have less snow which would indicate it comes gradually.

It might come 'gradually' in some way, but it still doesn't appear to have any depth.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Maybe its just a large snowball pit...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top