Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What house are your sims living in?

Comments

• Options
    Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    Wow Pary, house is awesome, i love the way you did the PVC fence perfectly!
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    This is what I built my legacy family, currently gen 6.

27251898377_e9a771d004_h.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    @dreamerz13 Ugh, you’re awesome CC is making me so jealous :s:p

I don’t let myself get clutter or furniture CC anymore because it slows down my game <_<

And of course the house is very lovely! I love all the clutter you used as clutter is one of my favorite things in the game.

Haha, I do pay a price for all my decor CC, but it's worth it lol. I have had to slow down though because I'm breaking my build/buy catalog lol (now every time I install stuff I have to remove at least as much as I install because it really is out of hand now). I have a looooottttttttt of clutter. This save is definitely my slowest too, and I blame most of it on that darn house because there is clutter in every nook and cranny of that place lol.

• Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2018
    Here's another place I built - it is currently home to my vampire sim, Alexander.
    tumblr_p8s1mm4X9R1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

Looks normal on the outside but he has a secret room or two in the house.

tumblr_inline_p8s1gqclyp1vhkp6x_540.jpg

I have a storyline going on in my supernatural game and Alexander is pretty much the main antagonist in it.
    tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo8_1280.jpg
    You may have noticed a bunch of wizard wands, the reason I have them there is because in my convoluted storyline, vampires and witches/wizards have been enemies for eons. So pretty much every wand you see is the wand of a witch or wizard that Alexander has killed - he keeps them as trophies. And on the walls are tapestries of castles he has infiltrated centuries past and successfully turned most of its inhabitants into vampires :o

Having a storyline in my game helps keep things interesting :p

tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo4_1280.jpg

But be careful lest you sneak into the house and wake him up...
    tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo6_1280.jpg

He does not take to intruders kindly.
    tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8s1gt6CgF1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg
  • Options
    @Cororon
    Oh, the house looks so cozy in that winter setting! I love it :)

@ZhakiraP
    Holy mother of pearl that castle is awesome :o I love the stained glass windows.
    I read a lot of books set during medieval times so I love anything from that time period :)

• Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Amphora Thank you! I like it. Those windows are really nice. Comes in differents sizes. Lots of Cyclonesues stuff went into that aswell.
    Speaking of medieval, did you try the custom world Praaven? Really awesome.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    @Amphora Thank you! I like it. Those windows are really nice. Comes in differents sizes. Lots of Cyclonesues stuff went into that aswell.
    Speaking of medieval, did you try the custom world Praaven? Really awesome.

I haven't played any medieval worlds in Sims 3 but I do play Sims Medieval! I love all the fun chaos in that game. >:)
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited May 2018
    Alexander the Vampire.....

HE is HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Alexander the Vampire.....

HE is HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol I agree <3
    Post edited by Amphora on
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP Gorgeous castle! I looovveeeee castles but building them in the sims is so intimidating. So great job!

@Amphora Seems like the perfect house for a vampire. Very beautiful home, and love the use of secret rooms. That's one fine lookin' vampire too. Even if he looks ready to kill haha.
  • Options
    I also have Levine house, where I'd moved the family into a premade house in Aurora Skies and did actually fix it up. It was really essential to them that they would work for that and earn that house. My dear Aedan would settle for no less, that was not how he was raised. I mean, his parents could have bought him a country or something lol, but he had to buy this little shack himself and earn his (aka his wife's) dream home. Aedan's insanely driven and like a major workaholic though, so he really doesn't mind working for all this... or having something to show for his work.

screenshot-1573-copy_orig.png
    screenshot-1574-copy_orig.png
    screenshot-1578-copy_orig.png
    screenshot-1583-copy_orig.png
    screenshot-1585-copy_orig.pngscreenshot-1590-copy_orig.png
    screenshot-1593-copy_orig.png

I really like that they're super self-sufficient. Get their own energy with wind turbines and solar panels. Feed themselves and supply the grocery store (overfilling their shelves) with their garden and livestock. And they pretty much live on the water so fishing is so convenient. The lot is really just so great to work with gives you some decent space, and the house was pretty cute, though simple. I tried to retain at least some of it's charm... it was definitely so basic, really solid first home type place. Not much to it at all, but made for a great fixer upper.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Love seeing everyone's houses.

I decided to dig up 2 houses that I created in my version of Laguna Coast (an empty world from simrealty) from my "Girl Who Cried Wolf" game.

This is the Rothman mansion (the house where my werewolf lived with his mother and their eventual house guest) that I did extensive renovations on from a lot in Midnight Hollow.

hleX5au.jpg
    RU7KPqs.jpg
    ynBAFML.jpg
    ygeZ7zF.jpg
    Notice the hidden bookcase door to access the stairs to the third floor. :)
    XKBFEFh.jpg

Later on Wolfgang built a green house for his mothers roses and garden.
    il4hh60.jpg
    nQxASA8.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I built this house on a very sloped lot overlooking the water. I did not quite finish adding furnishings when I took the pictures.

AaId7Df.jpg
    renDjGl.jpg
    ecfwcTZ.jpg
    YCpyFAr.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    So many beautiful homes on this thread.

This is one of my sim families current home, a renovated EA Brownstone in Bridgeport.
    26857796567_cbeea6d864_c.jpg

This is their future home when they earn enough money to move. It is still a work in progress though, so they have time to earn the funds. It is also in Bridgeport.
    42046538252_307d962e42_c.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Loved seeing everyone's builds! I'll definitely look back on this thread if I need some inspiration :smiley:
  • Options
    @dreamerz13
    I love Levine House! Country cottages are my favorite types of houses to build in the game and the CC makes it so pretty. And your renovated brownstone house looks perfect in Bridgeport. I never play often in that town but I’m tempted to play in there and make industrial houses there. And your simmie’s future house looks awesome :o

@cwaddell The Rothman mansion is so lovely!! The exterior is so cozy and I love the landscaping. The second house you built on the slope also looks nice. I don’t have the skills to build houses on slopes. Nor the patience. Lol.
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    what fun :) great houses everyone!
    the "house" Rose Thorne lived in
    screenshot_original.jpg
    the house she moved into when she married Harry Putter
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Osmo95Osmo95 Posts: 7 New Member
    Beautiful house more creative! <3
  • Options
    sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    This one -
    ( the screenshot is from my download post, but I don't have my game open at the moment to take a lived in picture )

tumblr_p1wlfwklTJ1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

Your House is so pretty ^^ I love the colors.
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @imdragonit
    Ohhh, I like the trailer your simmie used to live in. Of course I love making houses but having different styles like the trailer adds some fun different styles to the game. I attempted a tiny home once and while it was fun to make the routing was a nightmare to work out :s

And of course the second house is lovely. I absolutely love that curved bridge by the fountain. I like curved bridges in the game but hate having to go through the process of making them :p
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    40402151490_153f14da35_z.jpg

I love this house. I've literally been working on it for years (sometimes I go a year or so without playing much) and I just really love this one. Its probably the only time I've built on a 64x64 lot and I started with just the main craftsman style house and kept expanding as my sims grew. The garage got converted into bedrooms for the kids and an office, then I added a standalone garage off the garden. Then a pool and huge patio and outdoor living space. Then a playhouse for the kids. Then a garden shed. And then...and then...I still really like it though :)

41488427944_d4fed77cb8_z.jpg

42163319972_ccc5820bc0_z.jpg

42163311902_d2ff44a2be_z.jpg

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @paneinger That is a beautiful house and love hearing how it grew with the family. I've done that with a few families rather than moving them.
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @paneinger That is a beautiful house and love hearing how it grew with the family. I've done that with a few families rather than moving them.

Thanks :D I'm remodeling it again right now, actually. They had three kids and I wanted one more, so naturally the game gave me triplets. Time to add some bedrooms...somewhere...
  • Options
    @paneinger
    What a beautiful home!! I love making homes that grow with the family. You get to build and decorate in their style and that in turn makes you more attached.

I’m doing something similar with a family in one of my saves, their place is a rambling ranch style house except I made them a basement instead of a second story. Now the whole lot is a bunch of basement dwellers who play video games and eat snowcones :p
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited May 2018
    The current family I'm playing live in Appaloosa Plains. When Penelope was single, she had purchased the Sunflower Shack. Gradually over time, I have expanded it to its current state.
    She now lives there with her husband Connor, their four children (three are triplets) and four dogs. (Her horse is boarded elsewhere). And Connor's niece Shara, who you can see in the second shot on the back deck.

For the main floor (and consequently exterior) I had found a house plan online that I tried to follow as much as I could in the Sims. (Skipped things like closets :lol:)
    The second floor came later.
    I am wanting to add a basement but adding the stairs through the foundation is giving me fits.

But anyway, here are a couple exterior shots of the Frio house. (I will grab some interior ones later.)
    Also, forgive the snow... it's autumn in-game but they had an early snowfall the day before and it hasn't quite melted yet.

I like to call it Sunflower Suburbs, in homage to what it originally was.

The front:

Frio-House---front.jpg

The back:

Frio-House---back.jpg