Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which camera setting do you play with?

I was just curious how many people use the TS3 camera and how many use the TS4 one.

Which camera setting do you play with? 187 votes

TS3 Camera
64%
CK213tams2578GoldmoldarBluefairy286GalacticGalIcewolfalan650111IceyJLomelindi7overonapplefeather2mcruddDOLLDRMS1elanorbretonKlthfkokoro80AnmirlaLillaemmaahsimgirl1010EmoFlowers 121 votes
TS4 Camera
35%
EvvieSimmerGoth583rudolphaSimsILikeSimsWritin_RegxoJessiBeardedgeekElokaalanmichael1MindofyLizzychicagogreydonnhkamelotBlueSeaWavesSajahithe_greenplumbobJRBearannaliese39Cassandra52182fiercephoenix91 66 votes

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    TS3 Camera
    THE SIMS 4 setting makes no sense to me! It moves so strangely.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    TS4 Camera
    The Sims 3 camera is so much better, but The Sims 4 camera is so much easier on laptops - I have to plug in an external mouse to fully use the Sims 3 camera on my MacBook, which is too much of a hassle for me :D
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    TS3 Camera
    The Sims 4 camera is so wonky to me. Maybe I'm just too used to The Sims 3 :D
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    TS4 Camera
    The sims 3 camera annoys me
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2018
    TS4 Camera
    Sims 4 camera, as the sims 3 camera is not very user friendly at least as far as I am concerned. I believe it was only given as an option for players who were used to the sims 3 camera controls. Since I never owed or played the previous iteration, I did not see the need to be accommodated with camera controls from it.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    TS3 Camera
    The TS4 camera makes me crabby.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    TS4 Camera
    I'm sure if I had played TS3, I would have appreciated the TS3 camera. But since I never did, I tried both and ended up liking the TS4 one more.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    TS3 Camera
    Really wish we had sims 2 camera controls. They were so efficient. So long as I can control the tilt, zoom and edge scroll (which the 4 camera doesn't seem to like doing) I'm good.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    TS4 Camera
    I only ever use the TS3 camera when I'm trying to alt and rotate an object in build mode, but other than that I use the TS4 one. I don't know which is better, but I'm definitely more used to the TS4 one.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    TS4 Camera
    Since I never played TS3, I had no option but to vote.

However, this whole different camera thing has me intrigued. I've always played zooming in and out with the walls half-down but I saw a video on youtube where someone used a fly-on-the-wall camera mode and was following sims down corridors. How do you do that?
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    TS3 Camera
    I've never played the Sims 3 but I use the Sims 3 camera. I much prefer it because if you want specific angles it is really hard with the Sims 4 camera. Especially if you want build and gameplay screenshots.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited May 2018
    TS4 Camera
    Cupid wrote: »
    I'm sure if I had played TS3, I would have appreciated the TS3 camera. But since I never did, I tried both and ended up liking the TS4 one more.

Same here. Also I use tab mode for all my screenshots.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    TS3 Camera
    I like the TS3 camera, it seems more intuitive to me.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2018
    TS3 Camera
    I can't play with anything other than the sims 4*3* camera because why on earth wouldn't I want to use the free rotational feature for my furnishings.. Like.. Yes.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    TS3 Camera
    The Sims 3 one. I remember switching almost immediately because I couldn't deal with the Sims 4 one. Never have even thought about switching back.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    TS3 Camera
    The Sims 3 camera setting. Sims 4's camera setting never made sense to me, personally, but to each their own.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    TS3 Camera
    I prefer TS3 Camera Mode :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    TS3 Camera
    I couldn't figure out the TS4 camera. The TS3 one seems more user friendly.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    TS3 Camera
    I didn't play TS3 before TS4, but TS4 camera felt just so weird. TS3's is way more natural for me.
  • Options
    snowipoosnowipoo Posts: 5 New Member
    TS4 Camera
    On my laptop, TS4 camera is so much easier.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    TS3 Camera
    I remember the 4 camera driving me nuts... but now, of course, I have to go change it to 4 so I get to experience it again as I don't remember what it was that bothered me..... *sigh*
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    TS3 Camera
    TS3 camera has features that TS4 camera just doesn't have, or at least have all of the functionality of. Tab mode and free rotate of build objects being a fairly big deal to me, I never bothered to try to adjust to TS4 camera when it didn't include those features but the TS3 mode did.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    TS3 Camera
    TS3 100%
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    TS3 Camera
    TS3 camera settings are more intuitive.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    TS3 Camera. I was so used to playing with it that I never tried to learn ts4’s camera.