Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we be getting new packs?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    jamiehood wrote: »
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    So, I'm guessing that what I asked before was true? Nothing new until EA Play in June? So not even a new SP over the course of 3 months? Seriously? Geez, EA

Nothing will release before EA Play, yes. (except for a patch probably)

Graham confirmed on Twitter that the next thing coming to The Sims 4 will be playable at EA Play, so yeah seems we have to wait another month at least.

Doesn't mean we won't get an announcement before EA Play though.

It makes the most sense to me that it would be an EP that will be playable a EA Play, as I can't see other types of packs living up to the hype (except for maybe an amazing GP - although, it's not out of the realm of possibility that EA would over-hype something, so there's that), nor can I see a patch living up to the hype either, unless it's a huge fan-request like cars or semi/fully-open world.

If it is an EP, an announcement next week makes a lot of sense, it would mean that they could run their marketing campaign, with well-known fans playing the game at EA Play and hyping it even more, then a week after EA Play for final marketing (such as dev playthroughs) before it releases. Or even an announcement a week after next if they wanted two weeks after EA Play to do multiple dev playthroughs like they did with C&D. Either way, I think it's totally possible that they're going to surprise us with an EP announcement, so we'll see. :smile:

Yes minimal info like a trailer and press release then once the game changers play it and can talk about it we will get a flood of info then it will release maybe in Late June Early July. Thing is I don't think an Expansion has ever released in July though.

Wait, so will we be getting a trailer before or after EA play? I'm confused

Yes most likely. They need to promote it before EA Play and the Gamechangers attend.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    June seems like it will have a Game Pack at EA Play.

The Stuff Pack team won't be on stage and the Expansion Pack team is, um...going through some difficulties, so a Game Pack seems like the most plausible option.

EP team will be there too. I haven't heard anything regarding the GP team being there.

What's your source? because I haven't read anything stating ''the EP team will be there too''.

The only thing Graham told us, is that the PC team will be there too. (at EA Play).

Don't spread false hopes and expectations, since we still do NOT know if it will be an expansion pack present at EA Play. It might also be a Game Pack or even Patch content.

Graham also said that he wouldn't be there this year -- it would seem odd to show off an SP without the SimGuru in charge of SPs being there. So while it's not a confirmation it would sem to be an indication that what's going to be at EA Play is more than an SP. I don't think it would be for Patch conent unless it's something big like cars (which I still don't see as being needed in the game other than for interactions that can build handiness (like the FixIt Car in Roaring Heights), and for car Woohoo. >:)

It's possible that if the EP team is there they could be showing a beta version of the next EP to get input from players with enough time to do fine tuning before an autumn release. Just because something is playable doesn't mean it'll be ready for release.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Brindleton wrote: »
    June seems like it will have a Game Pack at EA Play.

The Stuff Pack team won't be on stage and the Expansion Pack team is, um...going through some difficulties, so a Game Pack seems like the most plausible option.

EP team will be there too. I haven't heard anything regarding the GP team being there.

What's your source? because I haven't read anything stating ''the EP team will be there too''.

The only thing Graham told us, is that the PC team will be there too. (at EA Play).

Don't spread false hopes and expectations, since we still do NOT know if it will be an expansion pack present at EA Play. It might also be a Game Pack or even Patch content.

Graham also said that he wouldn't be there this year -- it would seem odd to show off an SP without the SimGuru in charge of SPs being there. So while it's not a confirmation it would sem to be an indication that what's going to be at EA Play is more than an SP. I don't think it would be for Patch conent unless it's something big like cars (which I still don't see as being needed in the game other than for interactions that can build handiness (like the FixIt Car in Roaring Heights), and for car Woohoo. >:)

It's possible that if the EP team is there they could be showing a beta version of the next EP to get input from players with enough time to do fine tuning before an autumn release. Just because something is playable doesn't mean it'll be ready for release.

Hope it's not a beta. I hope it's almost finished. I'd hate to think we have to wait till June for this big info and with no packs for a whole quarter and the EP is just in Beta.

Grant,SimGuru Jill and Romeo will probably be showing It off.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited May 2018
    Given that it seems there's now a boring quarter of the year, hopefully this is it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Just because they aren't telling us what's going on, doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes. By the time EA Plays rolls around, they may have several different packs waiting to drop.

This is kind of my feeling as well. I’m wondering if we may hear about the packs for the rest of the year. But who knows, I still feel that we will get an announcement either right before or at EA Play which could be an expansion releasing in September. But hey, if we get an EP sooner than that, I will be thrilled. And even if they just announced witches I’d be beyond excited. I need my witch legacies back!
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    An EA customer service employee confirmed the release of The Sims 4 Seasons in mid September. (:
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2018
    An EA customer service employee confirmed the release of The Sims 4 Seasons in mid September. (:

[img][/img]uY1ypLh.png

[img][/img]MNstUTu.png
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The problem just is the date which you will find yourself if you google “Sims 4 Seasons release date”. Then you will also find https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933755/the-sims-4-seasons-prediction-2018/p1

So alas it seems that the “facts” originally came from an undocumented “prediction” in this forum and was made by an ordinary simmer instead of a developer. So there isn’t any reason to believe that date - or that the pack will be called “Seasons” anyway.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Back in my day we got one EP every six months!

Not to mention the other packs and gobs of store stuff. I get so tired of waiting. If they'd quit with the freeplay/mobile and put another team on EP's, their customers would be happier. Not sure that Freeplay will bring in the young crowd. I tried it and it is nothing like what lured me to the sims games to begin with.
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Their target group is 4 - 10 year olds (with aging disabled) playing on antique hardware with a game budget of 500 bucks, too stay with the game for decades.
    Good luck with that masterplan.
  • Options
    It seems like it has been forever since we have gotten a new pack, the last one being My First Pet Stuff at the beginning of March. We haven't gotten any trailers since then, and I'm really looking forward to getting new stuff in the game. There's so much left to do in the Sims 4, and I'm hoping we get some good stuff soon. Does anyone have any clues as to when we'll be getting new packs, and what they will be?

Most likely July or August for a New Pack. I'd expect a stuffpack in July hopefully a pool related one.
  • Options
    I feel that we have recently had a lot released cats and dogs and jungle adventure. How much entertainment those provide is relative . And also laundry stuff. Seems people would be so busy with their games. I think whats needed is more patience. I dont see anyone in the facebook group , for sims that im in anxiously demanding new packs right now. Because they are enjoying the games, for what it offers now.

The EA play event is not far. Life has enough to do and focus on that sims news is not that urgent. Its coming soon.Of course, i would like updates too. I just think some of the unrest is becoming too hopeless. Im sure that whatever it is will be really interesting and a much valued addition :)

I don't like this silence.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    It seems like it has been forever since we have gotten a new pack, the last one being My First Pet Stuff at the beginning of March. We haven't gotten any trailers since then, and I'm really looking forward to getting new stuff in the game. There's so much left to do in the Sims 4, and I'm hoping we get some good stuff soon. Does anyone have any clues as to when we'll be getting new packs, and what they will be?

Most likely July or August for a New Pack. I'd expect a stuffpack in July hopefully a pool related one.
    My guess would be a new SP for EA Play, a new GP in August or September and then an EP in November.
  • Options
    jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member

Wait, what? That means either 4 or 5 months without any new content. Maybe it's just me, but I think that sound ridiculous
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2018
    It's confirmed the next new thing will be in EA Play, so nothing during May. Maybe end of June.
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    edited May 2018

[img][/img]uY1ypLh.png

[img][/img]MNstUTu.png

Someone else above me said exactly what I was going to say about this "confirmation".
    Erpe wrote: »
    The problem just is the date which you will find yourself if you google “Sims 4 Seasons release date”. Then you will also find https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933755/the-sims-4-seasons-prediction-2018/p1

So alas it seems that the “facts” originally came from an undocumented “prediction” in this forum and was made by an ordinary simmer instead of a developer. So there isn’t any reason to believe that date - or that the pack will be called “Seasons” anyway.

The customer service rep isn't a reliable source. Yes they work for EA, but their job is customer service, to help customers with problems with their current games, they wouldn't know about future packs. It's pretty clear here that they just Googled for a release date (not realising that this pack hadn't been announced yet) and spat out whatever answer Google gave them, which was the speculative forums post. Don't take this as definite confirmation, because it's not.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer