Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we be getting new packs?

It seems like it has been forever since we have gotten a new pack, the last one being My First Pet Stuff at the beginning of March. We haven't gotten any trailers since then, and I'm really looking forward to getting new stuff in the game. There's so much left to do in the Sims 4, and I'm hoping we get some good stuff soon. Does anyone have any clues as to when we'll be getting new packs, and what they will be?

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    From all the information the EA is "allowing" our community to know, we will see "a new Sims 4 experience" at EA Play. So, my guess is that we will not know anything until then.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2018
    June seems like it will have a Game Pack at EA Play.

The Stuff Pack team won't be on stage and the Expansion Pack team is, um...going through some difficulties, so a Game Pack seems like the most plausible option.
  • Options
    jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    @NorthDakotaGame that's not until June....that's an awfully long time to wait. We haven't even gotten a stuff pack since March.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »

The Stuff Pack team won't be on stage and the Expansion Pack team is, um...going through some difficulties, so a Game Pack seems like the most plausible option.

EP team will be there too. I haven't heard anything regarding the GP team being there.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2018

EP team will be there too. I haven't heard anything regarding the GP team being there.

What's your source? because I haven't read anything stating ''the EP team will be there too''.

The only thing Graham told us, is that the PC team will be there too. (at EA Play).

Don't spread false hopes and expectations, since we still do NOT know if it will be an expansion pack present at EA Play. It might also be a Game Pack or even Patch content.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Back in my day we got one EP every six months!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

What's your source? because I haven't read anything stating ''the EP team will be there too''.

The only thing Graham told us, is that the PC team will be there too. (at EA Play).

Don't spread false hopes and expectations, since we still do NOT know if it will be an expansion pack present at EA Play. It might also be a Game Pack or even Patch content.

I'm not spreading false rumors. Aside from that a lot of Gamechangers got a notification from EA today and they will be attending.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I'm not spreading false rumors. Aside from that a lot of Gamechangers got a notification from EA today and they will be attending.

Then, source?
  • Options
    AisurandoAisurando Posts: 20 Member
    Sometimes i think that EA is purposely trying to kill the series, it makes no sense.. Sims is one of their biggest games and yet they don't seem to care for it all that much. (When i say this, i mean EA not t he dev team itself). Anyway... I hope they start releasing more content soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I am not saying you are spreading false rumors, I am saying you are spreading false hopes and expectations.

By stating stuff like they are facts, you really are. 'The EP Team WILL be there too'.

You can't say they are, since you don't know, and we don't know.

With Game Changers being there, it is LIKELY it's maybe an EP, but we don't know.

EA has not confirmed that the EP team will be there, Graham only stated that also the PC team will be present, which can mean a lot.
  • Options
    So, I'm guessing that what I asked before was true? Nothing new until EA Play in June? So not even a new SP over the course of 3 months? Seriously? Geez, EA
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    jamiehood wrote: »
    So, I'm guessing that what I asked before was true? Nothing new until EA Play in June? So not even a new SP over the course of 3 months? Seriously? Geez, EA

Nothing will release before EA Play, yes. (except for a patch probably)

Graham confirmed on Twitter that the next thing coming to The Sims 4 will be playable at EA Play, so yeah seems we have to wait another month at least.

Doesn't mean we won't get an announcement before EA Play though.

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm gonna say it again, it's not an EP because they'd like to have more lead in time for those (though they could advertise one that comes out in 3-ish months or so there, by all means.) I highly suspect it's a game pack that focuses on a lifestate much like vampires. I'm betting witches (not my thing) or Werewolves (yes please)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm gonna say it again, it's not an EP because they'd like to have more lead in time for those (though they could advertise one that comes out in 3-ish months or so there, by all means.) I highly suspect it's a game pack that focuses on a lifestate much like vampires. I'm betting witches (not my thing) or Werewolves (yes please)

City Living was announced exactly 8 weeks before release. Only EPs announced at Gamescom had long lead in time.

Game Changers have never been invited to preview a game pack. And game packs are only announced two weeks before release. It doesn't make much sense for EA to pay for travel/accommodation cost for all those people just so they can check a game pack 1-2 weeks early.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member

Graham confirmed on Twitter that the next thing coming to The Sims 4 will be playable at EA Play, so yeah seems we have to wait another month at least.

It makes the most sense to me that it would be an EP that will be playable a EA Play, as I can't see other types of packs living up to the hype (except for maybe an amazing GP - although, it's not out of the realm of possibility that EA would over-hype something, so there's that), nor can I see a patch living up to the hype either, unless it's a huge fan-request like cars or semi/fully-open world.

If it is an EP, an announcement next week makes a lot of sense, it would mean that they could run their marketing campaign, with well-known fans playing the game at EA Play and hyping it even more, then a week after EA Play for final marketing (such as dev playthroughs) before it releases. Or even an announcement a week after next if they wanted two weeks after EA Play to do multiple dev playthroughs like they did with C&D. Either way, I think it's totally possible that they're going to surprise us with an EP announcement, so we'll see. :smile:
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    emyprice95 wrote: »

It makes the most sense to me that it would be an EP that will be playable a EA Play, as I can't see other types of packs living up to the hype (except for maybe an amazing GP - although, it's not out of the realm of possibility that EA would over-hype something, so there's that), nor can I see a patch living up to the hype either, unless it's a huge fan-request like cars or semi/fully-open world.

If it is an EP, an announcement next week makes a lot of sense, it would mean that they could run their marketing campaign, with well-known fans playing the game at EA Play and hyping it even more, then a week after EA Play for final marketing (such as dev playthroughs) before it releases. Or even an announcement a week after next if they wanted two weeks after EA Play to do multiple dev playthroughs like they did with C&D. Either way, I think it's totally possible that they're going to surprise us with an EP announcement, so we'll see. :smile:

Yes minimal info like a trailer and press release then once the game changers play it and can talk about it we will get a flood of info then it will release maybe in Late June Early July. Thing is I don't think an Expansion has ever released in July though.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    TS4 has a horrible time to wait.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    TS4 has a horrible time to wait.
    Agreed!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well, we won't know until they tell us because that's how they tell us it works. If you consider though the pattern of release so far and how they tell us the pack teams work it can help you make guesses. So I think we will get one EP (closer to the year end), one more GP probably, and one to three more stuff packs this year. Sometimes they put them out bam, bam, bam and sometimes we have a dry spell.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Just because they aren't telling us what's going on, doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes. By the time EA Plays rolls around, they may have several different packs waiting to drop.
  • Options
    emyprice95 wrote: »

Yes minimal info like a trailer and press release then once the game changers play it and can talk about it we will get a flood of info then it will release maybe in Late June Early July. Thing is I don't think an Expansion has ever released in July though.

Wait, so will we be getting a trailer before or after EA play? I'm confused
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Just because they aren't telling us what's going on, doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes. By the time EA Plays rolls around, they may have several different packs waiting to drop.

I would love that, considering how long we've been waiting!!!
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I feel that we have recently had a lot released cats and dogs and jungle adventure. How much entertainment those provide is relative . And also laundry stuff. Seems people would be so busy with their games. I think whats needed is more patience. I dont see anyone in the facebook group , for sims that im in anxiously demanding new packs right now. Because they are enjoying the games, for what it offers now.

The EA play event is not far. Life has enough to do and focus on that sims news is not that urgent. Its coming soon.Of course, i would like updates too. I just think some of the unrest is becoming too hopeless. Im sure that whatever it is will be really interesting and a much valued addition :)