Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return To Sims 3 !! Who else is playing?

Comments

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    Who else is yet playing or has returned to Sims 3 ?
    @pattyheart : me and I always will play sims 3.
    I crave for new mods.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I am just returning to 3 i bought a new laptop a cpl years ago and just never reinstalled 3 on it. At the time i was working full time and didn't really have time to play either game. So for the past year i have went down to part time and have been playing 4 after a few days i get bored. That never happened in 1,2 or 3 funny that? I have reinstalled 3 and im having a blast. The one thing i missed most were the burglars and after about an hour of play guess what happened yep i got robbed but thanks to the police all was saved, I really enjoyed watching the police and burglar get into a fight.I think Sims in 3 have more personality than in 4 or maybe thats just me. My sim cooked hot dogs in a hail storm. Wont find them doing that in 4 oh yeah because there after 4 years is no season's yet.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    Even if we got seasons things might changes @kimieswildroses because both games are different. There is no really bounds between the two.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Sims 3 is my favorite. :) I wonder if they are working on Sims 5? I only played the base game of Sims 4, I didn't care for it, so I never downloaded the expansions; I just went back to playing Sims 3. If they are working on part 5, I hope they take the best of the earlier versions and combine them. They could ask us to vote about what we like the most from 1,2,3 and 4 and make 5 Epic.

• Options
    Doons99PDoons99P Posts: 908 Member
    I’ve recently returned to TS3 after a hiatus of quite a few years. I’m loving it and all the surprises. Yesterday my sim was abducted by aliens which has never happened in my gameplay before and made me realise these kind of surprises are what I love about sims games.
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Got into playing Sims 3 when the other wasn't fun. Steam summer sale allowed me to see what the fuss was about

Before, I couldn't justify paying for another game with S4 packs costing $10+. Now S3 is my go to game when I have spare time.

Chrashing is a concern playing on a laptop.Two EP's turned on keeps load screen time short and game play flowing easy.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited April 2018
    To everyone coming back to Sims 3... HEY... WELCOME BACK! :) :wave:

I'll refrain from showing my age...by singing the "Welcome Back..." song by John Sebastian.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Doons99P wrote: »
    I’ve recently returned to TS3 after a hiatus of quite a few years. I’m loving it and all the surprises. Yesterday my sim was abducted by aliens which has never happened in my gameplay before and made me realise these kind of surprises are what I love about sims games.

This happened to one of my sims in Sims 2; but I haven't seen it yet in Sims 3. I'm so glad this feature is still an occurrence. It was funny to watch. This teenage boy was abducted by aliens and when they brought him back, he just sat on the ground and cried. I kinda felt bad laughing about it.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Scorpina2009 Poor lad! :-(
    I think on S3 they don't sit and cry, they only get upset. It's fun to own one of those space ships and prank around.

--- x --- x ---

I must admit I started playing Sims 3 when the fourth was out. The game got cheaper and after one or two years I managed to buy all the expansions and most of the stuff packs (Katy Perry's was off the table anyway). Sometimes I splurge on the Store although it's too pricey. I've got all the store worlds and I may get more stuff eventually. So, well, I've never tried the fourth out and I wish I had played the second. :'(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    I am! And always will be. :blush:
    Sims 3 is the best of the best! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    bleedingbanshebleedingbanshe Posts: 146 Member
    I am!

This time, I'm going to work doubly hard on completing a basic legacy. It's a challenge for me to get past just one generation :#
    tumblr_inline_mm2wuyuVsL1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    CoverttCovertt Posts: 6 New Member
    I've played The sims 4 lately a lot. But recently my friend bought The sims 3 and I got so nostalgic I couldn't resist it! I started it again about a week ago and have been playing since. Now I feel like I don't want to play 4 anymore because the sims 3 is so much better! :neutral:
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    My head has been getting nipped to try TS4 so I signed up to Access to try it for a month, I am not playing TS3 for the month to give me a chance to "bond" with TS4. Just over a fortnight left (thank all that is good and great) until I can return to a game I actually enjoy and abandon the plastic not so fantastic TS4.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    My head has been getting nipped to try TS4 so I signed up to Access to try it for a month, I am not playing TS3 for the month to give me a chance to "bond" with TS4. Just over a fortnight left (thank all that is good and great) until I can return to a game I actually enjoy and abandon the plastic not so fantastic TS4.
    I did the same thing once and it ended similar ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2018
    I do! Been playing ever since I found out about the original Sims from the SimCity 3000 disc.

I used to be a strictly legacy/generational player (still am somewhat) but I keep things interesting by making crazy supernatural sims with random traits in my supernatural save.

Like Dionysius here, my evil plantsim based on a Venus fly trap who ironically got the trait of Hating the Outdoors

tumblr_inline_orrjgfhTxJ1uuv3da_540.jpg

He accidentally spawned a plant baby but, uh, he’s not father material considering that he kept on stealing aforementioned baby’s lollipops and then cackling and pointing at the innocent infant <_<
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    I do! Been playing ever since I found out about the original Sims from the SimCity 3000 disc.

I used to be a strictly legacy/generational player (still am somewhat) but I keep things interesting by making crazy supernatural sims with random traits in my supernatural save.

Like Dionysius here, my evil plantsim based on a Venus fly trap who ironically got the trait of Hating the Outdoors

[pic snip]

He accidentally spawned a plant baby but, uh, he’s not father material considering that he kept on stealing aforementioned baby’s lollipops and then cackling and pointing at the innocent infant <_<

Oh it's good to see you ! Your Tumblr is gone :( I have missed all the pictures.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I always think of Plant Sims as gentle, nature loving creatures (the same with fairies, usually). Never thought of having an Evil one who Hates the Outdoors. Interesting... :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2018
    Pary wrote: »

Oh it's good to see you ! Your Tumblr is gone :( I have missed all the pictures.

Hi Pary!
    Life got a bit hectic and I didn’t have time for Sims for a while so since I didn’t have time for tumblr I just deleted it. Now I’m slowly trying to get back in the simming habit. Always stinks when life has the gumption to dare to interfere with simming :o:p

igazor wrote: »
    I always think of Plant Sims as gentle, nature loving creatures (the same with fairies, usually). Never thought of having an Evil one who Hates the Outdoors. Interesting... :)

Haha yes I thought the same but since he was the first Plantsim I ever played I figured I might as well make him as interesting as possible :p
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Hello, I am really wanting to play the sims 3 on my new laptop but I am unsure ano that my processor will kick it's bum but it's my graphic video card is what am worried about. Its Geforce MX150 2GB on a msi with 8 GB RAM. Hopefully a can.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Hello, I am really wanting to play the sims 3 on my new laptop but I am unsure ano that my processor will kick it's bum but it's my graphic video card is what am worried about. Its Geforce MX150 2GB on a msi with 8 GB RAM. Hopefully a can.
    Afraid my answer isn't going to be that different from the ones you have already received and acknowledged a few times on other threads in the past few days.

We recommend a GTX 1050 or higher on that Nvidia series. The MX150 is the same thing that a GT 1030 would be, it's not meant for the stress that TS3 puts on graphics cards. No guarantees, but you should be able to play the base game and some of the earlier EPs on relatively low graphics settings and resolution. It's very possible that the heavier hitting EPs like Pets, Seasons, ITF, and IP might be too much for it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    @igazor Thank you for getting back to me , it's a shame because my laptop ticks on everything else. At least there's a chance that I can play something just keep it small.
  • Options
    pinkiki6pinkiki6 Posts: 11 New Member
    On the sims 3 it won'tlet my sims get married. Help?
  • Options
    exyurockexyurock Posts: 25 Member
    Sims 4 seems like such a downfall from TS3, I had to uninstall it after a few days of playing. Got frustrated at the lack of open world.
  • Options
    RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    I'm back on playing The Sims 3 but also The Sims 2! I've been switching between 2, 3 and 4 and found that each game has their own perks and faults. I love it in The Sims 2 that there is so much to do! It's also fun to watch the reactions of my Sims. I don't like their robotic movement and all the waving when there is constantly some routing problems. I remember I used to have a mod that fixed some of these routing problems, so maybe I need to find that. It's possible it was for The Sims 3 though. Anyways, the same issue of routing continued with The Sims 3 and oh my, don't even have me started with pudding faces. Lol! But Sims 3 in a way is a great compromise between things that annoy me in other games. I love open world, but it also makes it a task to go to places if you don't plan your home location well. That actually gives some depth to your sims life.

For example, I was playing with a single mom who had her kid going to school. This kid refused running like other sims do when they are going somewhere, she was just dragging her feet and walking back from home which could take 3 hours even they lived relatively close to school!I bought her a bike and then she started riding back from school but with a bike she wasn't able to cut through the grassy area between school and home and had to take the loooong way around using roads and it still ended up taking her 3 hours to get back home. Lol! It was annoying but it also made the game play much more realistic and I ended up having fun trying to figure out the best place for them to live.

One very tiny yet greatly annoying thing in The Sims 3 is the location of cell phone. You need to always open your backpack to get it. Because Sims 3 is still sold in Origin for more expensive price than The Sims 4, I'd like for the Sims Team fix this one. I assume it would be relatively easy to fix interface the way that it is in the Sims 4 where you can always see your sims phone?

What I mostly miss in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 is multitasking. I love it in The Sims 4 even it sometimes makes my sim eat for 5 hours because they are doing everything else at the same time. Reminds me of me. Lol!

Anyways, I'm having fun with The Sims 3 and I'm hoping I can soon visit my adult son who has a super gaming computer and see how beautiful Isla Paradiso visually is and how smoothly it runs on his computer!