Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited May 2018
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Questions for everyone!

We agree that Harriett's death in conjunction with becoming a mother propelled Hillary into the person she is now. What if Harriett were still with us? How do you think Hillary would be today? Would the unexpected pregnancy alone be enough even if it took a little longer? How long would she have waited to confront Jase?

I think she would get where she is now anyway, but more slowly. It would take longer for her to confront Jase. And who knows, he might have met someone else by then and it would be too late for the two of them. I can imagine her giving a birth before confronting him. I'm sure Jase would be disappointed he missed the childbirth and every precious moment, he would blame Hillary for it, thus making it even harder for them to reconcile.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Questions for everyone!

We agree that Harriett's death in conjunction with becoming a mother propelled Hillary into the person she is now. What if Harriett were still with us? How do you think Hillary would be today? Would the unexpected pregnancy alone be enough even if it took a little longer? How long would she have waited to confront Jase?

I think she would get where she is now anyway, but more slowly. It would take longer for her to confront Jase. And who knows, he might have met someone else by then and it would be too late for the two of them. I can imagine her giving a birth before confronting him. I'm sure Jase would be disappointed he missed the childbirth and every precious moment, he would blame Hillary for it, thus making it even harder for them to reconcile.

Jase really struggles with forgiveness, right? As a person who shares that trait, I totally get it. I think you're so right that Hillary's attempts a fixing past wrongs would be delayed were Harriett still alive. And with each new offense, Jase would be less and less likely to be open to repairing their relationship.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Questions for everyone!

Hillary was in therapy before Harriett died, right? I don't remember for sure. I think the therapy would've helped. Perhaps not as drastically as her mother dying, but I think she'd at least be at a place where she was working on fixing things with Jase, and with her father.

I am absolutely sure that the taking-care-of-the-whole-family thing would NOT have happened were Harriett still with us. My guess is Hillary would still be very self-focused, extending only to include Abigail. I doubt she would've patched up her relationship with Juliana either.

She began therapy before she died, but Harriett was trying to take a step back and let her grow up, so we never saw them talk about it together or anything. It definitely would have helped!

I agree with all your points!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Questions for everyone!

Hey there! I love this and agree! It was so tragic to lose Harriett, but so many good things came out of it! Of course, that's why she had to go. :smiley:
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @cecerose0208 's last comment has me thinking. So, Hillary hit Jase pretty hard when she finally confronted him, dumping everything on him at once. And then, he started going to the doctor appointments with her, and then the child was born a week early! Then of course, after that, he spent every day at the Humphries house for a few hours to be with his daughter. Though we appreciate Jase coming around to giving Hill a break and starting a relationship, does anyone feel like he was forced/pressured into considering to trust her again? Like, he felt like he should do it for the sake of their child? Or, do you think it's something he would have done anyway because he still loved her so much?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Questions for everyone!

Hillary was in therapy before Harriett died, right? I don't remember for sure. I think the therapy would've helped. Perhaps not as drastically as her mother dying, but I think she'd at least be at a place where she was working on fixing things with Jase, and with her father.

I am absolutely sure that the taking-care-of-the-whole-family thing would NOT have happened were Harriett still with us. My guess is Hillary would still be very self-focused, extending only to include Abigail. I doubt she would've patched up her relationship with Juliana either.

She began therapy before she died, but Harriett was trying to take a step back and let her grow up, so we never saw them talk about it together or anything. It definitely would have helped!

I guess, Hillary would have matured over time, but I think Harriett's death hastened the process.
    I agree with @Maladi777 that the taking-care-of-the-whole-family thing would definitely not have happened to the same extent if not at all.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Questions for everyone!

i remember when harriet died thats the post i should have skipped for a few months. why do you have to write so good.
  • Options
    Questions for everyone!

i remember when harriet died thats the post i should have skipped for a few months. why do you have to write so good.

I know right? I'm just re-reading the first season and Lol! Harriett and Harold are hilarious! XD

Which reminds me, I have a question, there's a lot of names that start with 'H' in that family, was that intended?
  • Options
    Questions for everyone!

I know right? I'm just re-reading the first season and Lol! Harriett and Harold are hilarious! XD

Which reminds me, I have a question, there's a lot of names that start with 'H' in that family, was that intended?

i meant because she died around the time dad did, it was actually apost where juliana was upset that i was reading. but i was confused so i went back one and found out harriet died. it was bad timing and i shouldn't have read it but jes pulled me in. then i made her feel bad. which was not my intention like i said i could have skipped it.
  • Options
    Questions for everyone!

I guess, Hillary would have matured over time, but I think Harriett's death hastened the process.
    I agree with @Maladi777 that the taking-care-of-the-whole-family thing would definitely not have happened to the same extent if not at all.

Yep Yep!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Questions for everyone!

Ehhhhhh...it's a gift? lol But seriously, for you, those were ill-timed. :/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Though we appreciate Jase coming around to giving Hill a break and starting a relationship, does anyone feel like he was forced/pressured into considering to trust her again? Like, he felt like he should do it for the sake of their child? Or, do you think it's something he would have done anyway because he still loved her so much?

Yes, definitely. Considering his own childhood and his character, he didn't have much of a choice. He's simply "do the right thing" kind of a guy. Hillary hurt him too many times, I don't think he would have given her another chance, if she came to talk with him and wasn't expecting his baby. This way he had to spend time with her if he wanted to be a part of everything concerning the baby and could see with his own eyes the change she's gone through. Even now he still finds it so hard to open up to her again and they have their daughter to help them. I believe he would always have feelings for Hillary, but he wouldn't have let her into his life again if it wasn't for the baby.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Questions for everyone!

Oooh! That's a great question! I think @cecerose0208 would want me to answer it next week...and I cannot wait!! I'll give you a hint...and she can shoot me later LOL. They were both intended and unintended. :D
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Questions for everyone!

Oooh! That's a great question! I think @cecerose0208 would want me to answer it next week...and I cannot wait!! I'll give you a hint...and she can shoot me later LOL. They were both intended and unintended. :D

Ooh interesting... I'll await the answer next week then. XD
  • Options
    Though we appreciate Jase coming around to giving Hill a break and starting a relationship, does anyone feel like he was forced/pressured into considering to trust her again? Like, he felt like he should do it for the sake of their child? Or, do you think it's something he would have done anyway because he still loved her so much?

Yes, definitely. Considering his own childhood and his character, he didn't have much of a choice. He's simply "do the right thing" kind of a guy. Hillary hurt him too many times, I don't think he would have given her another chance, if she came to talk with him and wasn't expecting his baby. This way he had to spend time with her if he wanted to be a part of everything concerning the baby and could see with his own eyes the change she's gone through. Even now he still finds it so hard to open up to her again and they have their daughter to help them. I believe he would always have feelings for Hillary, but he wouldn't have let her into his life again if it wasn't for the baby.

I like this. I haven't decided how I feel about it yet, but I think this may be pretty close lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Btw. Since we are talking about Jase, does anyone watches the iZombie show? I already told @Jes2G there's this guy and whenever I see him, I'm like, oh my, this is Jase. :D
    MV5BMTQ1MzUxMzYwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzkwMjgxNzE@._V1_.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    @Jes2G Look, I'm peeking in! :blush: I can't wait until Sunday for your coffee hour!

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    Btw. Since we are talking about Jase, does anyone watches the iZombie show? I already told @Jes2G there's this guy and whenever I see him, I'm like, oh my, this is Jase. :D

I forgot about this LOL
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @Jes2G Look, I'm peeking in! :blush: I can't wait until Sunday for your coffee hour!

:open_mouth::grin: Yaaaay! Welcome!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @cecerose0208 's last comment has me thinking. So, Hillary hit Jase pretty hard when she finally confronted him, dumping everything on him at once. And then, he started going to the doctor appointments with her, and then the child was born a week early! Then of course, after that, he spent every day at the Humphries house for a few hours to be with his daughter. Though we appreciate Jase coming around to giving Hill a break and starting a relationship, does anyone feel like he was forced/pressured into considering to trust her again? Like, he felt like he should do it for the sake of their child? Or, do you think it's something he would have done anyway because he still loved her so much?

I think he was definitely forced!This man grew up as a part of this loving but dysfuctional family. And he fell fore the most dysfuctional one of them all. Then she comes over to his house one night, sleeps with him, then breaks his whole heart. If she wasn't pregnant, there's no way he would've felt good about being around her again.

The part of him that is still struggling with trusting her is probably trying to understand how she could treat him that way in the first place. They were best friends for so many years, and he probably didn't think she was capable of hurting him in that way. If you can't wrap your head around the why, it's hard to move past the what.
    Questions for everyone!

Lol, yeah this one sounds like a coffee hour question. I'm adding it to the list. There are a lot of good questions that I can't wait for you to answer.

I'm loving getting everyone else's perspective on the characters and the story this week!
  • Options
    Ooh, I forgot to add another question I have for everyone. Would you consider Harriett and Harold good parents? We know they love their children and had complicated relationships with each one. And we know each of the kids grew up with their deep issues.

Rebecca has been married like three times. Playboy Axel couldn't settle down if he wanted to. And poor Hillary is just now learning how to love herself. I'm not saying all of their issues are their parents' fault, but you know...

What are everyone's thoughts about this?
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Wow...he’s a perfect simself for him! Amazing.
  • Options
    Questions for everyone!

Ehhhhhh...it's a gift? lol But seriously, for you, those were ill-timed. :/

i told you not to worry about it. once i went back and figured out what it was about i could have turned back. but i didn't :):p

smiley face is because i'm great. tounge because it reminds me of us.
  • Options
    Ooh, I forgot to add another question I have for everyone. Would you consider Harriett and Harold good parents? We know they love their children and had complicated relationships with each one. And we know each of the kids grew up with their deep issues.

Rebecca has been married like three times. Playboy Axel couldn't settle down if he wanted to. And poor Hillary is just now learning how to love herself. I'm not saying all of their issues are their parents' fault, but you know...

What are everyone's thoughts about this?

Ooooooooh! Good question! I have all kinds of feelings...that I will withhold for now lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options

i told you not to worry about it. once i went back and figured out what it was about i could have turned back. but i didn't :):p

smiley face is because i'm great. tounge because it reminds me of us.

You're awesome, friendsfan!
    forum_final.png