Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silence is annoying

Is it me or is this silence bothering you too? With no quarter teaser, all the rumors flying around about the game ending and Simgurus getting laid off, I really want to know what is going on.

I feel like ever since Drake left we are back to no information again.

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Yep, I keep checking to see what new is coming...
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited April 2018
    yes me too. Can't wait till we get the "big news". Gosh I hope it's Seasons!!!! <3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is just EA being at their normal. It seems the consumers wants are no longer important.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think they want to focus attention on Sims Mobile in this quarter.
  • Options
    lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    I been playing Sims since Sims 1 kept my username for all Sims series - Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, and now Sims 4. I play the three Sims Stories ones and My Sims too. I check everyday several times a day. We must all be patient even though it is hard. It take a lot of time to plan, develop, and code games and other software, I studied Computer Science in junior high, high school, and university so I know it takes a lot of time and effort. The programming involved in Sims games and other video games are far more complex than what I studied. I truly appreciate what the SimsGurus do. Sims games are worth waiting for. They cannot just pop out games fast. It takes a lot of time.

Happy Simming!
    Michele
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm thinking the "Big News" was planned to be revealed before SimGurus started getting laid off if you catch my drift. I don't think the "Big News" quite exists anymore, you follow me?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    I think they want to focus attention on Sims Mobile in this quarter.

I think you're right. Not so much to try to convert die-hard PC players but just to place the focus on the mobile community for a while.
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Nah not exactly bothered, though they could use more experiencing in the handling of information I think. This kind of stuff happens all the time in the game industry. Also @ the person who studied a lil game dev, I can certify the fact that it takes lots of time and effort and focus, because I'm in the game dev (indie) scene myself. :3
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Is it me or is this silence bothering you too? With no quarter teaser, all the rumors flying around about the game ending and Simgurus getting laid off, I really want to know what is going on.

Couldn't agree more, wasn't her biggest fan and she could be taciturn with information herself, but you are right about this

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I get inpatient too, but the Sims Community is spoiled when it comes to news. Some games out there don't get any news of any sorts for looooong periods of time *cough* Kingdom Hearts 3 *cough*.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yeah, I don't like this silence either. Everyday I check to see if there is any news. There is no other game other than TS4 do I get this excited for new content!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    bixters wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    I get inpatient too, but the Sims Community is spoiled when it comes to news. Some games out there don't get any news of any sorts for looooong periods of time *cough* Kingdom Hearts 3 *cough*.

Well, it would help if they actually had released a finished game :cough: Then maybe we wouldn't be so impatient for future content, and be so "spoiled."

The Sims has never been a finished game not from conception. If that is what you are looking for - then the Sims really isn't your game. I like the way sims is and how it slowly builds - been here since the beginning and I would never expect or enjoy a finished Sims game when each one came out. It's part of what makes it the game it is.

By the way I have boxes of finished games that sit in the attic - I played them once or twice and they were the same old game - never changing - and always ended. Sims is what you choose it to be by what you add to it. And even what you add to it - is ever changing. You make it's stories - it does not make it for you. It is never ending unless you choose it to be. Whats more all the Sims games I have are not in a box in the attic. Every pc we build for me - they are the only games that are automatically always the first games put on my new computers. They have endless playability and can easily draw me back into anyone of the Sims games I have. Heck I find it sad my sims 1 won't play on my high end pc - but I still have Sims 2,3, and 4 - and never once do I feel unsatisfied after playing any one of them.

Totally finished games always forces a direction toward the end of the thing - and almost always contain things in them I don't like and cannot do a thing about them. Some of them progress too fast through the fun areas and too slow through the horrid ones - never mind get harder and harder to play as one goes up the levels. It's like some one cracking a whip over your head and shouting MUSH, MUSH constantly. That is not my idea of fun. That is about as much fun as spring cleaning, It may be rewarding to get the job or game done - but to play the game over or to do the spring cleaning that comes around every year - it the same old grunge work. I never feel like that in the Sims. It is truly fun and always laughing and seeing the every changing even when the content stops coming is why I am a Simmer first.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2018
    They've literally been spamming us with Sims 4 news being at EA Play.
    We've also had guru's like SimGuruKate etc. reassure us they are catering to all platforms, not just Mobile.

Silence is annoying, but a lot of people are choosing to block out the noise as well.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2018
    @bixters wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The Sims has never been a finished game not from conception. If that is what you are looking for - then the Sims really isn't your game. I like the way sims is and how it slowly builds - been here since the beginning and I would never expect or enjoy a finished Sims game when each one came out. It's part of what makes it the game it is.

Really? I've been playing the Sims since the Sims 1, so I don't think you're in any position to tell me the Sims isn't "my type of game." I think each of the base games, Sims 1-Sims3, have been more or less a complete games. In other words, people could enjoy them with or without the extra content provided from EPs, SPs and GPs. The Sims 4, however, was the very first base game to receive mixed to negative reviews from both fans and critics alike. It was so stripped completely of content that there is still content missing from the Sims 4 (with all the SPs,GPs and EPs) that was originally in the base games of the Sims 1-3. That is what I mean by a FINISHED GAME. Waiting was bearable in other games because they had a FINISHED base game. Unfortunately, that is not the case in The Sims 4, and people are getting sick of it. You may enjoy waiting, but most people do not.

I think people look back through rose tinted glasses.

The Sims 3 base game is very bare. People complained because there was almost no family content, and most venues were Rabbit holes. The only non-rabbit hole venues behaved no different to houses (Park, Pool, Library, Gym). There were only a small handful of hobbies (Painting, Guitar, Gardening, Fishing, Writing).

It's a decent base, but a complete game it is not.

I don't think there was anyone who be happy with just the Sims 1 base game either. There was next to nothing in that game, just a concept.

The Sims 2 base game is probably the most full, and the only base game where I could see people being happy for a long time without DLC.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I actually played Sims 3 base for quite a while with no DLC's and enjoyed it (mostly because I could create any neighborhood with patterns etc). A sims game certainly has the history of DLC's made for augmenting the base game but shouldn't require excessive amounts of money to "complete" it, plus the DLC's should be able to tide you over to the next installment, not have people clamoring for something new because they are bored already
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @bixters wrote: »

Really? I've been playing the Sims since the Sims 1, so I don't think you're in any position to tell me the Sims isn't "my type of game." I think each of the base games, Sims 1-Sims3, have been more or less a complete games. In other words, people could enjoy them with or without the extra content provided from EPs, SPs and GPs. The Sims 4, however, was the very first base game to receive mixed to negative reviews from both fans and critics alike. It was so stripped completely of content that there is still content missing from the Sims 4 (with all the SPs,GPs and EPs) that was originally in the base games of the Sims 1-3. That is what I mean by a FINISHED GAME. Waiting was bearable in other games because they had a FINISHED base game. Unfortunately, that is not the case in The Sims 4, and people are getting sick of it. You may enjoy waiting, but most people do not.

I think people look back through rose tinted glasses.

The Sims 3 base game is very bare. People complained because there was almost no family content, and most venues were Rabbit holes. The only non-rabbit hole venues behaved no different to houses (Park, Pool, Library, Gym). There were only a small handful of hobbies (Painting, Guitar, Gardening, Fishing, Writing).

It's a decent base, but a complete game it is not.

I don't think there was anyone who be happy with just the Sims 1 base game either. There was next to nothing in that game, just a concept.

The Sims 2 base game is probably the most full, and the only base game where I could see people being happy for a long time without DLC.

Exactly.
    But I agree Sims 4 did get pushed into the market obviously lacking some things - but they eventually rectified it and what we are waiting for now are things we waited for in all the sims games - weather, supernaturals, University (although Sims 2 offered it really early) - so sort of nuts to still hash out what was in 2014 and what it is now. The missing is not missing now. Believe me I am a family player so not having toddlers was harsh - but that was then - and not a part of now.

I never waited for packs - all through the games I pre-ordered every thing until Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    bixters wrote: »

Well I never said I was - but there are people who come here expecting the game to look like they do at the end of development. How am I to read your mind. When people say finished game I think of Baldars Gate, Diablo, Need for Spreed, Dragon Age... not the sims that are never a finished game until the last pack made for the game comes out.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    VriyayaVriyaya Posts: 32 Member
    It doesnt bother me. I think this community is rather antsy when it comes to getting updates and information. Moreso than others. I'm not saying its a bad thing but coming from other games, its just not how I am. A month or so without a teaser or an update is nothing for me but for this community its like an apocalypse lol.
    I wouldnt even say that im "waiting" to hear anything. If something comes, great. If not, Ive got other things to do and other companies to give my entertainment fund to :)
  • Options
    I've waited for packs and any news of them, and it seems others are waiting too, and in between waiting, the silence is getting annoying
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    I still believe the Sims 4 has a hurry up and wait attitude. We get blocks of information and products and then nothing.
    I know part of the problem is in Sims 3 we had the store that had something new coming out every month, sometimes twice a month. Thus keeping the lull between pack releases more interesting.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2018
    keekee53 wrote: »

Sims 4 isn't ending. Their hiring new people for TS4 but yes the radio silence is killing me. I'm hoping we get an EP announcement and trailer next week.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/24/maxis-the-sims-are-far-from-over-according-to-the-ea-careers-website/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm thinking the "Big News" was planned to be revealed before SimGurus started getting laid off if you catch my drift. I don't think the "Big News" quite exists anymore, you follow me?

Don't worry. Expect it soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top