Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    edited April 2018
    CNuK4aJ.jpg

Jirair has just adopted his first pet. He would love for you to build his pet a custom made pet house for it to sleep in/play in. This special house should have everything a pet would need to survive as well as a small area for Jirair to get his basic needs taken care of. He would also love if you could make the theme of the house the same as his pet! He is looking forward to seeing the home you have created for his special friend and him.

Your Objective:

Build Jirair's new pet an awesome pet inspired house!

Budget:

Unlimited.

Lot Size:

Can not go over 30x20.

Requirements:

Pet House:
    This should be uploaded as a LOT.

- Must include items that a pet will need to survive.
    - Must include items for the pet to play with.
    - Must be pet themed based on the pet you choose. (If you choose a cat as the pet, the house needs to be cat themed)
    - Must include a small area for Jirair to take care of his basic needs.

Additional Notes:
    Color scheme/house design is completely up to you.
    Pet choice is completely up to you. (turtle, fish, cat, dog, etc)
    You do not need cats and dogs to participate, just be creative.

Sim Entry Objective:

Please create Jirair and his new pet!

- Can be any breed
    - Can be a cat or dog
    - Please post as a separate entry if you are completing both.

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, April 8th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

The New Challenge Will Be Posted:

Monday, April 9th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Please remember to use #DD and #DD7 if you are submitting your builds to the gallery.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    1-5 Additional Images:

Sim Entry Form

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Household:
    Gallery Link:
    Traits/Aspiration:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    1-3 Images of household

I can't wait to see all of the builds!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,121 Member
    Awesome new challenge @JosieAnglin B)! Will you be nominating the rooms from challenge 5 and the lots from challenge 6 :)?
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Hello :) It is great that you have started posting challenges again! I will look forward to seeing the entries for this week’s challenge.! :)
  • Options
    Awesome new challenge @JosieAnglin B)! Will you be nominating the rooms from challenge 5 and the lots from challenge 6 :)?

yes :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much @JosieAnglin B)! That's awesome, and it's great that your challenges are back :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2018
    Challenge Number:7
    Origin ID:FailureCloud
    Forum ID: VagueNightmare
    Entry Level:intermediate
    Gallery Name Of Build:Kitty Corner
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0DAA34B636E011E8815C8330CC7221F9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FailureCloud&max=50&maxis=false
    Would You Like Criticism:yes
    Additional Notes: In Image 3 there is a cat tower in the corner I made myself that is non functional and not accessible to the cats. I wanted to make a "new" looking cat tower so i made my own, the maxis made ones are very repetitive

-Images-
    Street View: m7DIOiI.jpg
    Top View: sFNwi33.jpg
    Image 1: 8CToXnR.jpg
    Image 2: Odgyqax.jpg
    Image 3: rOF4LMg.jpg
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Sim Challenge:7
    Origin ID: FailureCloud
    Forum ID:VagueNightmare
    Gallery Name Of Build:Khati
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/83FEE1E536E411E886B04B57E267D701?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FailureCloud&max=50&maxis=false
    Additional Notes: Jirair has just moved from India to the United States to be closer to his customers and better manage his Multi-million dollar business. With moving and having to be at work more Jirair doesn't have enough time for his new companion(a very rare bred Bengal cat) Saahas. With lack of supervision, companionship, and training, Saahas has become a very spoiled and mischievous cat.

-Images-
    Jirair everyday: uE8YkfU.jpg
    Jirair Party: k4bkCtw.jpg
    Jirair&Saahas playing: SKv3bOT.jpg
    Saahas: Tts3Dhf.jpg
  • Options
    The design of Kitty Corner looks great! @VagueNightmare :) Saahas is a very nice cat and will enjoy living in his new home! The outfits that Jirair is wearing look very nice .The cat patterned curtains look great and the tree print with the cat underneath the tree is a nice touch on the wall. It is great that there are cat towers, a litter box, pet bed , pet treats and a pet bowl for the cat to use. The cat patterned floor rugs and the paw prints are a nice touch in the room. The cat will enjoy relaxing on the sofa! The flowery grassy corner nook brings the outdoors inside!
    The sims and the pet house look very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow! I wish I was this cat! He gets a whole cat mansion to himself!
  • Options
    @VagueNightmare ;

Kitty Corner

Super awesome build! I love the unique shape of the home, where it is an upper level with space underneath to have other items such as the plant boxes you have put there. I love the flooring detail you did around the kitty litter box to make it look like grass. The colors in your cat house are super nice together. The green walls look great with the brown and blue accent walls. I love the curtains you chose! The paw prints around the room on the walls is a very nice touch. Jirair's kitten has plenty of space to run around and play as well as lounge around. The two cat towers are placed nicely and Saahas will have fun cat napping on them.

Khati

I love the backstory you gave Jirair and his new kitten!
    Saahas is a very beautiful cat, and looks very happy in his new cat mansion!
    Jirair is very stylish and handsome!

Great job, thank you for submitting in this week's challenge!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm working on my house for this week's challenge :)! Great stuff, @VagueNightmare B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited April 2018
    Entry form: My Entry

-Information-
    Origin ID: 88th-BombGeek
    Forum ID: maryjane2joe

Gallery Name Of Build: Jirair Dog House Paradise

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A8641034390A11E88811F880C0D922AF?fb_action_ids=2021561858164676&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=2021561858164676&fb_action_types=simsfour:share

Additional Notes: Jirair wanted his new adopted puppy to feel like she was living in paradise. So this is Jirair's Dog House Paradise filled with all kinds of tropical colorful fun. Happiness never felt so good for both of them.

-Images-
    Street View:

z7mILFu.jpg

hOYsEl8.jpg

1-5 Additional Images

osedPdn.png

PRfGdbP.png

xJAXouF.png

E4FJ88J.png

PjyPOlE.jpg

285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Jirair Dog House Paradise is very nice! @maryjane2joe :) The design and layout of the build looks great! The tropical theme of the build with the green trees, the flower and green plants is so special and very pretty for the dog! It looks great how the training course is set up, with the tunnels. The overhead strings of lantern lights are very nice touches. Very nice frogs and water fountain feature! Jirair will enjoy sitting at the patterned umbrella covered table, watching his dog having fun playing outdoors! He will enjoy using the treadmill to keep fit. The pet themed furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! Very nice kitchen and dining nook! The paw prints and paw rugs are nice touches on the flooring! The blue colour of the cabinets, counters and appliances looks very nice. The heart shaped island bar counter is a special touch! The paw print patterned floor rug is great in front of the pet door. Very nice living room! The dog bone patterned curtains look great ! Jirair and his dog will enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv on the cute penguin tv!
    It is a very nice home for the dog and Jrair! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Entry form:
    -Information-
    Challenge Number: 7
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Forum ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery Name Of Build: The Cat’s Meow
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D756C0A339ED11E88B4A8330CC7221F9?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Additional Notes:
    Jirair Meow just got his new kitten Clyde Meow. The house has one cat bath room, bedroom, kitchen and living room/playroom --- covered play area for the cat, the cat’s main living area with a cat sleeping room large enough for almost 20 cats after the kitten makes friends, and it has a large patio for the kitten to play outside. There is a small space for the owner, as well as a small deck with a grill and seating to eat. Besides the official cat rooms for each task, each floor includes a place for the kitten to meet its basic needs and play.
    -Images-
    6vLRqGm.jpg
    Street View:
    WtC5XV9.jpg
    1st floor ---Top View: (show the layout)
    tKG15QY.jpg
    2nd floor --- Top View: (show the layout)
    BtfeDE6.jpg
    3rd floor --- Top View: (show the layout)
    5 Additional Images:
    IMG96f7.jpg
    playing with the rose on the first floor
    DqwxrJL.jpg
    playing with the ball on the first floor
    VGgq3kL.jpg
    eating on the second floor
    p1EOhzm.jpg
    playing with the laser pointer on the third floor
    WUsbNfd.jpg
    relaxing together on the outside deck on the third floor
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Sim Entry Form
    -Information-

Challenge Number: 7
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Forum ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery Name Of Household: Meow
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CC60607939FC11E881728330CC7221F9
    Traits/Aspiration: Clyde is a friendly, affectionate and clever Siamese kitten, whereas Jirair is a good, cheerful cat lover whose aspiration is angling ace.
    Additional Notes:
    Jirair Meow and his Siamese kitten, Clyde Meow, love each other very much and spend loads of time in each other's company. Jirair is teaching Clyde what he will need to know as an adult cat, and he enjoys every minute of that process. Jirair always sports his new matching earrings and rings, as well as his very new facial hair.
    -Images-
    3 Images of household
    rkTI9wj.jpg
    Jirair holding Clyde
    T4wZnY2.jpg
    Clyde sleeping.
    NMg1gFe.jpg
    Jirair plays a game on his computer in his small section of his kitten's house.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Jrair and Clyde are very nice! @coolsim9999999 :) Very nice traits that you have given to them both. Clyde is cute! The outfit that Jrair is wearing looks very nice. It does look like Jrair cares about Clyde muchly.
    The exterior design and the layout of The Cat’s Meow looks very nice! :) The cat themed shaped design of the home looks great! It looks very nice that the circular rugs are eyes, and the triangle water features are the ears! Clyde will have lots of fun playing in the various areas of his home! Each level and area has great items for Clyde to enjoy using! Very nice roof top deck areas for him to have fun playing with the cat tower. The patterned flooring on the second floor looks very nice. It is great that there are a number of cat bowls, for many other cats to enjoy visiting too. Very nice living areas for Jrair also.
    It is a very nice pet themed home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your detailed and awesome review of my cat house and Sims @rosemow B)! I’m happy that you liked both Jirair and Clyde, their traits, Jirair’s outfit and his relationship with his kitten :D! I’m glad that you liked the outside of my house for them, the cat “eye” rugs and the cat “ear” fountains, all of the cat areas for Clyde, all the decorations and stuff for him to have fun using, rooftop deck with cat towers, the second floor’s floor covering, the cat kitchen with 7 bowls for Clyde and his cat friends to use and Jirair’s living quarters on the third floor :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @maryjane2joe ;

Jirair Dog House Paradise

I love the direction you went with the theme for the week! The exterior landscaping to look like paradise is very nice! I love that you made a large backyard for Jirar's new puppy. He's going to have so much fun playing with her in the backyard. The interior of the dog house is very pretty. I love the black and white curtains mixed with the blue color palette you have going on for the rest of the house. The paw prints all over the home are so cute and add a really nice pet touch. You can totally tell this home was created for a puppy! There are so many activities for Jirar and his new puppy. I really like the way you created a unique shape with the kitchen island counters. All of the open windows will make the home feel very refreshing and really feel like paradise.

• Options
    @coolsim9999999 ;

The Cat’s Meow

You always impress me with the unique building shapes you do. The ouside landscaping is very nice with all the different flowers and bushes you have placed around the cat house. Each floor is very open and spacious! There's a lot of room for Jirar and his new kitten to play. With so much room, Jirar may adopt more kittens! I love that each floor has different items, such as the cat-nap room and the area where all the kittens can eat together. I love the mixture of the blue and green carpet design on the second floor.

Meow

Jirair looks very fashionable and happy. He seems to adore Clyde very much. I am sure they will be spending hours and hours in their new home playing and bonding. Clyde is a very pretty kitten! I love the traits you have given them!

• Options
    Thank you very much for your awesome comments @JosieAnglin B)! I'm happy that you like my pet house and Sim entry so much :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you everyone for entering in The Pet House build challenge!

Everyone who has entered will be nominated for a Maxis nomination!

Can't wait to see you in the next challenge!
  • Options
    lY9dqEc.jpg

Abbie is wanting to throw a bachelorette party for her best friend, Dilip. Dilip and Abbie are complete opposites. Abbie is very outgoing and girly, where Dilip is very laid-back and plain. The problem is, there are no pool venues available for the time she's looking for! Luckily, Dilip has money left over from her wedding fund to help build an awesome pool venue for the party. They're also going to need you to build them an area for them to take pictures at. They would love to be able to sit and take a group picture in this area. Abbie is very excited to plan Dilip's bachelorette party once you are finished!

Your Objective:

Build a community pool that will work for Dilip's bachelorette party.

Budget:

$100,000.

Lot Size:

Can not go over 30x20.

Requirements:

Picture Area:
    - Must include either a few benches or chairs for a group of 5 girls to sit and take pictures.
    - Must have either shrubs or a flower arrangement behind the chairs for scenery.

Pool Area:
    - Must have a pool large enough for the party.
    - Must have a bar somewhere on the lot.
    - Must have a bathroom somewhere on the lot.
    - Must have at least 2 tables with chairs.

Additional Notes:
    Color scheme/design is completely up to you.
    Must be uploaded as a community pool lot.
    Must meet all pool lot requirements.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sim Entry Objective:

Please create either Abbie or Dilip.

Abbie:

Out-going, Girly, Blonde hair.

Dilip:

Plain, Laid-back, Brunette.

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, April 15th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

The New Challenge Will Be Posted:

Monday, April 16th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Please remember to use #DD and #DD7 if you are submitting your builds to the gallery.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    1-5 Additional Images:

Sim Entry Form