Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Dine Out BUGS!!!

1313233343537...Next

Comments

• Options
    DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    Coming up on a full year and still no fixes for the bugs that cause staff not to show up for work or customers leaving their tables during meals. Add to this over six months with no fix to the bug that makes it impossible to have Excellent difficulty level 4 and 5 foods, and frequent poor food unless you pay for higher quality ingredients.

For the staff not showing up to work it appears to be completely random. Always save before you open the restaurant for a shift. All staff should arrive before customers. If anyone is missing, exit to the main menu and reload until the entire staff shows up for the shift. It may take a few reloads but eventually they will all come in for their shift. Selling the restaurant and buying it again is a poor solution because you'll lose all your staff and the time and money invested training them up will have been a complete waste of time. You'll also lose all your good reviews and star rating and the bug will simply come back later on anyway since it's probable that it won't be fixed for the foreseeable future (if at all given the EA's past performance with bug fixing with The Sims 3).

For customers leaving their tables, make sure you have no distractions to draw them away from their table such as televisions, a tended bar, live musicians or music. You can probably get away with a jukebox as I have and still have no problem with a restaurant that I am actively managing but otherwise I would keep it away. It's a tradeoff because having music has a positive impact on your rating but it is far outweighed by what will happen if your customers leave their table before waitstaff can take their order and the customer never returns to the table. Their rating will eventually drop to 1 which can seriously hurt your ratings.

Because of this it is very important that your waitstaff have ample space to move about tables and to the chef stations. On a similar note it is important you do as little as possible to interfere with their taking orders when you interact with customers using the management features the primary of which are (1) welcome, (2) check on table and (3) prioritize order. As tempting as it may be, do not check on the table before the tables orders have been taken. You can tell whether meals have been ordered by whether the prioritize order option is available. Once it is available you can swoop in and hit the table with both a check on table and prioritize order action. Be careful with tables where additional guests arrive after the initial meal order has been taken for the same reasons.

To avoid poor quality food you will need to have your chefs prepare the food at the slowest speed. You may also need to use more expensive ingredients. I have stripped away certain suggested workaround steps step by step and this will be the next one but I can report that inspiration boosting items like the ones you can unlock from the culinary and painting career lines will not improve the quality of food much like level 10 cooking skill and mixology of the chef doesn't appear to matter. I've run entire shifts with just higher quality ingredients and slow cooking speed with only difficulty 4 and 5 dishes and they always come out Normal, not Poor and not Excellent so whatever has broken the influence of the cooking skill and mixology skill on the likelihood of better quality dishes has also likely broken inspiration bonuses given by those items (not to be confused with the Inspiration Speech perk which has to do with your worker's satisfaction level). If you have lower difficulty level food and drink it may occasionally come out Excellent.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It is very helpful suggestions that you have posted about workarounds for the issues @DagmarH . It is very kind and thoughtful of you to post them :)
  • Options
    MirandanikMirandanik Posts: 12 New Member
    I am having a BIG problem in Brindleton Bay. Every time I build a restaurant there everything works fine until the waiter/waitress brings the food to the table. Normally when the food hits the table you get paid for the food and then they begin eating it, but what keeps happening to me is the food hits the table and I don't get paid for it and then the sims act like there's no food there. They sit there not eating until their stars get to zero and get mad saying the wait time is horrible and finally they leave. I get no money for the food and a bad review to where I get no profit for the day. Every great once in a while I will get paid when the food hits the table and they will actually eat it. It doesn't seem to happen as much in the other worlds but it has happened every once in a while but it's REALLY bad in BB. I saw they fixed an issue with billing glitches in the vet trade by adding a social bill owner...they need to do this with dine out too. It's really frustrating when you can't do anything but sit there and watch, I tried debugging the food and the customers but nothing works. I have no CC either. Started a new place in a different world and it worked fine. It would really fix a lot of bugs if the owners could interact more, like sometimes my cook will make food and it doesn't register with the wait staff and it just sits there in the window and nobody will pick it up so the people will finally get mad and leave, but all the other food gets picked up so it is working other wise. If i could interact with the food and deliver it myself it would help fix the issue. Also sometimes employees will either not show up or leave in the middle of a shift. If they make it so you can interact with everything would be A LOT better. That way if a glitch or bug does happen I can seat the customers, take orders, and deliver food and then maybe they can figure out a way to fix the food if it's not registering as being there. I mean I don't get it lol the wait staff takes it to the table so they see it but then once it hits the table it's like it doesn't exist and I lose money. I really like the idea of Dine Out but seems to be a lot of bugs, if you don't get paid you can't play or you will just keep losing money daily. Adding an option to say if you click on the food and hit remake or something, or if you click the food and hit debug option it actually debugged it and make it register to the customer or wait staff. Seems like these things would be a fairly easy fix with most just letting you interact more with the food and do the staffs jobs if it glitches out or something. All I can think of is it must be a table glitch because it works fine until it hits the table and then boom plates "aren't there" at all no money and they don't eat even though their food has been sitting in front of their face the whole time. I have also noticed sometime there will be two people or more and when the waitstaff brings out the food only one person will get food and then the rest of the people sit there and get mad so you will get one good review and two or more bad reviews because they never got their food. Like I said I made a new one in the very first world and it worked perfectly fine, but nobody eats when I make one in BB. I have read the forums and people said they had issues with the wait staff not picking up the food because something is blocking them from getting it, but that's not what's happening here. They are getting the food 9/10 times it's just not showing up as being delivered to the customers when it's on the tables and then every once in a while the wait staff will miss one which sucks too can't I can't interact with it to deliver it and watching it just sit there makes Hulk angry lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Mirandanik wrote: »
    I am having a BIG problem in Brindleton Bay. Every time I build a restaurant there everything works fine until the waiter/waitress brings the food to the table. Normally when the food hits the table you get paid for the food and then they begin eating it, but what keeps happening to me is the food hits the table and I don't get paid for it and then the sims act like there's no food there. They sit there not eating until their stars get to zero and get mad saying the wait time is horrible and finally they leave. I get no money for the food and a bad review to where I get no profit for the day. Every great once in a while I will get paid when the food hits the table and they will actually eat it. It doesn't seem to happen as much in the other worlds but it has happened every once in a while but it's REALLY bad in BB. I saw they fixed an issue with billing glitches in the vet trade by adding a social bill owner...they need to do this with dine out too. It's really frustrating when you can't do anything but sit there and watch, I tried debugging the food and the customers but nothing works. I have no CC either. Started a new place in a different world and it worked fine. It would really fix a lot of bugs if the owners could interact more, like sometimes my cook will make food and it doesn't register with the wait staff and it just sits there in the window and nobody will pick it up so the people will finally get mad and leave, but all the other food gets picked up so it is working other wise. If i could interact with the food and deliver it myself it would help fix the issue. Also sometimes employees will either not show up or leave in the middle of a shift. If they make it so you can interact with everything would be A LOT better. That way if a glitch or bug does happen I can seat the customers, take orders, and deliver food and then maybe they can figure out a way to fix the food if it's not registering as being there. I mean I don't get it lol the wait staff takes it to the table so they see it but then once it hits the table it's like it doesn't exist and I lose money. I really like the idea of Dine Out but seems to be a lot of bugs, if you don't get paid you can't play or you will just keep losing money daily. Adding an option to say if you click on the food and hit remake or something, or if you click the food and hit debug option it actually debugged it and make it register to the customer or wait staff. Seems like these things would be a fairly easy fix with most just letting you interact more with the food and do the staffs jobs if it glitches out or something. All I can think of is it must be a table glitch because it works fine until it hits the table and then boom plates "aren't there" at all no money and they don't eat even though their food has been sitting in front of their face the whole time. I have also noticed sometime there will be two people or more and when the waitstaff brings out the food only one person will get food and then the rest of the people sit there and get mad so you will get one good review and two or more bad reviews because they never got their food. Like I said I made a new one in the very first world and it worked perfectly fine, but nobody eats when I make one in BB. I have read the forums and people said they had issues with the wait staff not picking up the food because something is blocking them from getting it, but that's not what's happening here. They are getting the food 9/10 times it's just not showing up as being delivered to the customers when it's on the tables and then every once in a while the wait staff will miss one which plum too can't I can't interact with it to deliver it and watching it just sit there makes Hulk angry lol.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having the restaurant issues :(
    Usually the bill doesn’t get paid until the end of the meal, after the sims have eaten all their courses that they want to eat
    Just to see if it may help the issues that you are having with restaurant in Brindleton Bay, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try also testing with a restaurant in Brindleton Bay in a fresh new save game and see if the issues remain.

• Options
    maiaronimaiaroni Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi
    I have noticed when using cc and dine out at the same time, the hosts and chefs show up to work when i open, but they don't go in to the restaurant from outside. They stay on the street. The wait-staff goes inside and stands by their station.
    The host doesnt seat any guests and i'm guessing the chefs wouldn't be making food if there were guests. any clue why this happens? I have tried repairing the game and removing cc in batches.
  • Options
    maiaroni wrote: »
    Hi
    I have noticed when using cc and dine out at the same time, the hosts and chefs show up to work when i open, but they don't go in to the restaurant from outside. They stay on the street. The wait-staff goes inside and stands by their station.
    The host doesnt seat any guests and i'm guessing the chefs wouldn't be making food if there were guests. any clue why this happens? I have tried repairing the game and removing cc in batches.

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. You will then be able to see if it is the cc that is causing the issues, If it is the cc, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issue remains without the cc /mods in the game, try firing the staff and hiring new ones and see if that helps.
    If you still have issues, try selling the restaurant, then buying it back again, Then test the issues.
    Try placing the restaurant on a different lot.
  • Options
    Linds6606Linds6606 Posts: 72 Member
    So I've had dine out since it first came out & I've never had this issue until 3 days ago. My sim just bought a restaurant & when she opens the restaurant all the employees show up except for the host. I've tried closing the restaurant for a day or 2, then reopening it, same thing. I've tried firing that host & hiring a new one but still, same thing. The restaurant is non functional without the host so this is super frustrating. She's starting to go broke! Please help!
  • Options
    Linds6606 wrote: »
    So I've had dine out since it first came out & I've never had this issue until 3 days ago. My sim just bought a restaurant & when she opens the restaurant all the employees show up except for the host. I've tried closing the restaurant for a day or 2, then reopening it, same thing. I've tried firing that host & hiring a new one but still, same thing. The restaurant is non functional without the host so this is super frustrating. She's starting to go broke! Please help!

Hello @Linds6606
    Try having your sim sell her restaurant. Then have her buy it again and see if that helps.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Linds6606
    Try having your sim sell her restaurant. Then have her buy it again and see if that helps.

Hello @rosemow
    So I had my sims sell the restaurant & then I had her visit the restaurant as a guest to see if it would work & of course there was a host there working as they should. So I then bought the restaurant again & the host still won't show up. I don't understand!
  • Options

Hello @Linds6606

Hello @rosemow
    So I had my sims sell the restaurant & then I had her visit the restaurant as a guest to see if it would work & of course there was a host there working as they should. So I then bought the restaurant again & the host still won't show up. I don't understand!

Try saving the restaurant to your library. Bulldoze the lot. Then place the restaurant back onto the lot. Check that there is plenty of free space around the host station in case that is causing issues. Remove any nearby half walls.
  • Options

Hello @Linds6606

Hello @rosemow

Try saving the restaurant to your library. Bulldoze the lot. Then place the restaurant back onto the lot. Check that there is plenty of free space around the host station in case that is causing issues. Remove any nearby half walls.

I will try that. Thank you! ☺♥
  • Options

Hello @Linds6606

Hello @rosemow

I will try that. Thank you! ☺♥

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am having issues with sims leaving the table to stare at artwork. Now that is ridiculous
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I am having issues with sims leaving the table to stare at artwork. Now that is ridiculous

Hello
    Try seeing if perhaps moving the artwork to another position on the wall may help.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/