Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your "Bad Simming Behaviors"?

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I fall into habits use the same items even though I like most of them I have to remind myself to use other things this applies to CAS and B/B items and I'll just go through the list and 'Oh I like that and that..but I'll use this again.'. Also I'm bad with socializing even though I like having a good relationship with family I should probably be doing challenges where I have to keep things in mind but meh rules...lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Efficiency. I want to roleplay more, be truer to my backstories, but ever so often my powergaming habits break through and I treat The Sims just like an elaborate time management game.

To a lesser degree excessive adding of sims to the point where I have too many families to rotate between.
  • Options
    danielle714danielle714 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have my sim couples have waaaaay too many children, and it gets overwhelming very quickly. Then I make it worse because I don't like any of my household to move out! So there will be three kids, each with spouses and kids of their own--and that's when I end up quitting that save. I just don't like to let any of my sims go.
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2018
    Mine is building a nice spacious house to play in, and then realizing that it's too big and that playing in it is too tiresome because of all the scrolling from one room to the other.
    It happens every.single.time. Never have I said: I'm gonna build a nice, cozy and functional home for my family. No, it's always:I'm gonna spend hours building an elaborate mansion and then never play in it 'cause it won't be functional.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    For me, without fail, every time I try to add kids into a family (even just one) it just kills the game for me. But I don't like kids IRL either.

Adding kids kills that family for me too. Just can't get in to it once there's kids there. And there's still not enough content or depth for just single sims.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    With "bad simming behaviors", I mean things that you do in your games that hinder you in getting out the best of the game's content. For me, it's the fact that I always, since TS3, think up the story of my sims before I even created them, thus leading to my playstyle to only follow this particular story. It can be fun when you finally get to that story, but the time in between can be really boring and dull. The problem with this playstyle is that it has no real surprises that just happen to let the game stay fresh, so I am really often bored when I don't play out a story-line.

What are your bad habits which can make the game boring to you, even though you have much content to choose from?

I play the way you do, except I am not rigid about the destination.
    I am open to things that happen along the way. I really like it when I arrive somewhere else than where Intended the story to go.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    For me I think a bad habit is never allowing any of my Sims to age up, like the Simpsons for example, living in a perpetual nonaging world.

My vampires and their immortality are basically muted haha
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dracon wrote: »
    For me I think a bad habit is never allowing any of my Sims to age up, like the Simpsons for example, living in a perpetual nonaging world.

My vampires and their immortality are basically muted haha

Yeah, you can say that's also kind of another bad simming habit of mine. I have problems with letting Sims go and chagrin having to see them age and die eventually...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I can't stand randomly generated townies so I spend easily more than half of my playtime editing their appearance with the Cas.fulleditmode cheat. Even though sometimes I feel proud of the makeovers I do, I often run out of ideas and it starts to feel like a chore. But I just can't deal with random townies with ugly clothing roaming around my neighborhoods.

I can't resist destroying the ugly game-generated sims, either by vampiric emotional influence, badly-cooked pufferfish, etc. I also make them the target for my Public Enemies club as having them as enemies and making them angry is allowed.

I find it easy to ignore the townies, they all get evicted from their homes so my sims can use them, and pretty much stay in the background. That's one upside to my overpopulating habit, the game doesn't generate as many townies & it's mostly my own sims I see around town. The only sims I delete are the vampires, since I'm one of those weirdos who bought the pack but didn't want them in my game. (I wanted the neighborhood). That's another bad habit of mine, I buy all the packs even if it's something I don't want in my game.

I think I might take a leaf out of your book as my world is currently populated by the premades (every other lot is empty) and I'm fed up of seeing the same handful of townies everywhere I go. I also delete townie vampires.
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    I have such a problem when it comes to neighbourhoods! Everything has to be matchy matchy or at least look like it all goes together. For example, willow Creek has one section of cream suburban houses, one section of larger wealthy family houses and the two mansions on the hill. Willow Creek is more mid century and 60s themed etc etc. I spend so long making the world perfect (spending hours rebuilding each and every house) that I never get around to gameplay!
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I have such a problem when it comes to neighbourhoods! Everything has to be matchy matchy or at least look like it all goes together. For example, willow Creek has one section of cream suburban houses, one section of larger wealthy family houses and the two mansions on the hill. Willow Creek is more mid century and 60s themed etc etc. I spend so long making the world perfect (spending hours rebuilding each and every house) that I never get around to gameplay!

I have a similar problem, @SimmerOfEngland. That's the reason my Newcrest is mostly empty, because I just can't build, nor find any houses that fit with the backdrops of the world. It's the same when I want to replace a lot in another world, too.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    qadara77qadara77 Posts: 44 Member
    For me, it'd be always playing without aging on. I think it hinders meeting goals. I did start the legacy challenge though and it's my first time playing with aging on. It adds a great dynamic.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Ever since I saw the MFP livestream, I've had this idea to play out a vampire (and then an alien along side him)... and I've gotten as far as creating the household and remodeling their apartment to look more tlc, but... I have yet to actually play them. :D I always think and rethink it in my head way more than I should before I actually get to doing anything with them, and I don't know why.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

I have a similar problem, @SimmerOfEngland. That's the reason my Newcrest is mostly empty, because I just can't build, nor find any houses that fit with the backdrops of the world. It's the same when I want to replace a lot in another world, too.

The thing is is that I'm okay at building and I like the lots I make, but it's way too much effort when I just want to play the game! I find myself being unable to play in an unfinished world yet unable to build when I want to play! :disappointed:
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Motherlode. Unless I play a legacy or challenge that forces me not to cheat...... I will overuse the motherlode cheat to build and buy all the things my sims want. So my sims never struggle and I dont feel like trying very hard to get far in their careers.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    In my head canon (cannon?), Sims 4 is the true sequel to Sims 1, similar to how certain movie franchises will eventually come up with a new movie that retcons out previous 'sequels', lol. Back in the days when I played Sims 1, what I envisioned for the sequel for it was much closer to what we have in 4 than in 2 or 3.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    SupernovurSupernovur Posts: 55 Member
    My bad simming habbits, jeez where to even start:

Min maxing, I always seem to end up turning my sim into a super sim with maxed out skills, career and traits.

I used to really struggle to get past the young adult stage with ANY sim. Now I've got to the point where I'll let them age all the way up to elder and even let them die, but only if it's not my super sim that was never meant to be a super sim (letting their family members age and die is progress though, it's only taken 3 games to reach this point though haha).

I give them complete free reign as far as autonomy goes, well in the settings at least. I always pause the game to queue up the actions of each of my house hold's sims to stop them wasting time doing other things instead of the things I want them to do. This has improved though, I only really do this on community lots.

I never really get to the 3rd generation unless I have already created the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation in create a family, even then I don't get past generation 3.

Always using the same traits or a similar combination.

Not letting my sim kids grow up until they've maxed all four aspirations.

Somehow one of my sims in the house hold always seems to have a string of lovers, because one's not enough right.

The list just goes on haha.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I always tend to color code my sim's clothing options. usually only 1 color pallet per sim I have, since I'm a bit lazy into dressing them up :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I play on a modified Long lifespan, yet I still occasionally stop aging because I wanna spend more time with my sims... My townies included.
    I just have a very big need to know about my own townies too. I barely play them since my legacy family is big enough, so I usually just CAS them when they generate and leave it at that.

...But when I see them around it's like seeing a friend (or enemy) and I end up low key stalkin them and mumbling things like "oh you're a vendor today, hellooo [townie] how's [spouse/child/pet]?"
    I sorta keep track of their lives through MCC notifications and what moods I find them in... Which usually evolves to some weird headcannon about their whole life story and their own families.

So many of my untouched townies tend to have really high skill in basic townie skills like mixology or handiness because they've been doing those jobs for so long due to my habit of turning aging on and off :joy:

This hinders me from progressing so much since sometimes when I do my runs with my legacy family, I end up sim people watching and forcing my legacy families to interact with so -and-so so I could figure out what traits they aged up with or what job they're working now instead of skill building/aspiration/career focus LOL
    I also make sure to max career and their aspiration before moving on, so a lot of my sims are usually middle in their adult age bars when they have kids because I'm always nitpicky about being able to sufficiently provide--and that I completely ignore parents once I have a new heir!

:sob:I have to know they'll be fine without me
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Huiiie_07 @SimmerOfEngland

Those aren't bad :) I downloaded a totally empty save so I could fill all the world's with my own builds. That's a part of what makes the game fun for me :)

And challenges me to do new things as a builder
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Hehe it's just that I'm not very good at building and have more fun when playing in live mode I guess :D@kaywilliams IF I build something, everything has to match with the backdrops of the world so it doesn't look out of place to me. It's just terrible and hinders me to do anything to my worlds. I mostly only take premade community lots and change their lot type, for example I changed the karaoke bar in the Spice District to a Spa, with the outerior staying as it was and only changing the interior to include all needed objects.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I can't stand unattractive/elderly/horribly dressed Sims. I will send so much time deleting or editing these Sims and townies, downloading new townies from the gallery that I'm never even going to play with just so I don't have to put up with the undesirables.

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I always tend to color code my sim's clothing options. usually only 1 color pallet per sim I have, since I'm a bit lazy into dressing them up :D
    I'm guilty of this too. In TS3, the main color for my sim was always their favorite color.
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    I know I already posted here, but I'm gonna post another thing because I just remembered it. It's similar to the "I can't stand ugly townies" thing, but it's that I can't stand townies with the same clothes as my sim. Like, no, you're cramping my style. Don't wear my cc. I go into world edit mode and sift through the unplayed households so I can find any sims with my cc and remove it from them. Another thing I remove from townies is the immortal trait (mod). If I see a townie that looks too young in comparison to the other townies, I put them in CAS and see if they have the immortal trait.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    Every. Single. Time. I make a YA/A Sim, create their house, get a job, find them a partner, have a wedding, have a kid or two. End of story. My households never get past the second generation, and I could replay this blindfolded. I definitely need to step out of my comfort zone. Challenges that have prescripted scenarios work great for me on the other hand.