Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your "Bad Simming Behaviors"?

Comments

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I spend more time in CAS or building. If I do actually play I end up always with an evil sim.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Hoarding sims. I now have 39 base families, plus the additional households created from children growing up & moving out. And their reproduction is basically unchecked. My sim count is up to 215 now. It takes a couple of months to get through a rotation round, and that's with changing households daily.
    And yet whenever I try to scale back, I can't bear to part with a single one.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Playing with aging off - no matter how much I may like a sim - being immortal gets old!
    Playing the Not So Berry legacy challenge now though with normal life span and aging on and am enjoying it - though each of the generations has a cat and I won't let them die (thanks to age down treats) so I have several ghost households with live cats!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    Wanting to get to that 'story' in my head so badly, that I rush things. For instance, I'm using a couple of mods that might make it possible for me to create the illusion of having a singer Sim in this game, too. I created this family for a novel I wrote. The first four children, three boys and a girl, were all about 2-3 years apart in age. I got antsy, fairly recently, and aged the first boy to a teen. (I play on Long and choose for myself when it's 'time'.) Then, I raised up my potential musical genius to teen, followed too quickly by the third son. Daughter was yet a toddler, very close to skilling out, so I waited on her. This made me unhappy in the long run. Not only that, but the mod I was using got updated, so of course I replaced it. Then wondered why all of his progress had disappeared on me. :open_mouth: When I got a chance to play yesterday, I decided to take the family back into cas.fulleditmode and adjust their ages. I made the younger two boys children again, so that their sister could 'catch up'. My singer now has to work his way out of the F grade, but he'll get there.

Fixing the problem this way, was a distinct step up for me. Normally, I throw the baby out with the bath water and start completely fresh. This time, I chose to pick up the dropped stitch, as it were, and go forward from there. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I make them gain skills very slowly, as I feel it's a noteworthy amount of gameplay been and gone once they've maxed a skill, but I also don't get to do all that much simming so they hardly get anywhere with their skills, despite new interactions being available at higher skill levels. *facepalm*
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Kind of funny after @GalacticGals post... since I kind of have the opposite problem.
    I tend to make stories and make all the sims and then set them up in a home(s). Then I stall because I have to get them ready... which means a lot of basic skilling. Sometimes it stalls my story completely.. I'll even have another idea and start again! Then of course face the same problem.
    I have some sort of block against using cheats to skill my sims also .. so I just put those stories on the back-burner and when I'm in the mood for more busy play.. not creative play I go back and work on them. I have about 15 saves already with story ideas that I need to flesh out enough to feel like I'm really started on the story part.
    I really need to use the tools this game provides. I know that. Like even making basic sims, storing them in the library then revamping them when they would be ready to go in my stories.
    I also have that mod problem from time to time in that I like to try out different mods and traits ect. Then I pull them out and feel like I can't reuse the sims I played with those mods on... either because I worry about their missing traits ect.. or because I already see them as the type of character I played them as using the mods. Sheesh.
    I'm a sim neurotic..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    My bad habit is that I create too many sims and make them have too many children so I lose all oversight of my game.
    Oh and I also had a slight problem with incest :# Two times I've been able to have a couple get married and have children born in game but once I head off to CAS I can't use the genetics tool with the two of them! I think with one couple they were first cousins once removed. Think it's a weird glitch since they don't have a relationship marker.

@KottonKrown if you start a new save then all the premades will be there, just as when you first started the game. So you can have a save with only premades and then you just make a new one so you can be playing many storylines with them at the same time!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I play with autonomy off, I'm such a control freak when it comes to my sims. They have to do exactly what I want them to and nothing else. Lately I have been trying to play with it more.
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    i refuse to let my sims do anything that isn't productive or necessary. if it doesn't build a skill, you're not doing it. i've been trying to loosen up though :P
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    If my household has more than one sim, I never leave the property. I hate loading screens and switching between lots. Recently all of my saves deleted, so now I seem to start a new household every time. Just can't get attached...
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    i refuse to let my sims do anything that isn't productive or necessary. if it doesn't build a skill, you're not doing it. i've been trying to loosen up though :P
    You sound like me because I would never let my sims out of the house to do anything but sleep work on getting promotions or grades up and eating. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I can only focus on one sim at a time. Basically all my households are made up of single sims. And they're all females!
    Oh and I don't even come up with stories for them. I come up with different sim personalities instead.
    It's a boring everyday life simulator for me, but viewed from different perspectives depending on the stereotype I play at the time.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I have OCD and play according to a set of compulsions. That wouldn't be such a problem if they would just stay consistent, but with every new DLC, my mind gets in a tizzy and the "rules" are changed. I keep wanting to delete my game and start over and play it "perfectly" this time, and I've already done so twice. :P Oh, well.
  • Options
    mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I'll spend hours searching the gallery for the perfect house, find a good one and try to edit it, then give up and decide to build one myself...then give up again...and repeat until I eventually figure out a house.

And usually once I've done that for some reason, I don't want to play that save anymore.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Probably spend more time all day browsing and downloading Mm CC whenever I get ready to actually want to play the game. Want to grab 'this realq uick' but then I see somethign else 'OOH i haven't seen that!' Thus it never ends~

I'm the worse, 10AM and not even done until 7. I have a problem.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Having YA sims move out on their own. I still create a background story for the family I'm not playing, often times in depth, but I never actually go back and play them. One of these days I should have them stick around and have an elder actually in the house instead of visiting.
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I always tell myself this time my Sims get to have either 1 or 2 children and I will wait a long time with it. Buuuuut they somehow end up pregnant like the first week of gameplay? (No idea how it happens ;-)) and they don't have birth control. So yea 1-2 might sound like the best option but 6+ is more realistic
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I can't stand randomly generated townies so I spend easily more than half of my playtime editing their appearance with the Cas.fulleditmode cheat. Even though sometimes I feel proud of the makeovers I do, I often run out of ideas and it starts to feel like a chore. But I just can't deal with random townies with ugly clothing roaming around my neighborhoods.

I can't resist destroying the ugly game-generated sims, either by vampiric emotional influence, badly-cooked pufferfish, etc. I also make them the target for my Public Enemies club as having them as enemies and making them angry is allowed.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I can't stand randomly generated townies so I spend easily more than half of my playtime editing their appearance with the Cas.fulleditmode cheat. Even though sometimes I feel proud of the makeovers I do, I often run out of ideas and it starts to feel like a chore. But I just can't deal with random townies with ugly clothing roaming around my neighborhoods.

I can't resist destroying the ugly game-generated sims, either by vampiric emotional influence, badly-cooked pufferfish, etc. I also make them the target for my Public Enemies club as having them as enemies and making them angry is allowed.

I find it easy to ignore the townies, they all get evicted from their homes so my sims can use them, and pretty much stay in the background. That's one upside to my overpopulating habit, the game doesn't generate as many townies & it's mostly my own sims I see around town. The only sims I delete are the vampires, since I'm one of those weirdos who bought the pack but didn't want them in my game. (I wanted the neighborhood). That's another bad habit of mine, I buy all the packs even if it's something I don't want in my game.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    For me, I don't think I get the full benefit of clubs from Get Together. I find myself creating the same club types (i.e party/dancing, fitness). I'd love to do something different and unique....as there's so many club things to do together.
  • Options
    5000birds5000birds Posts: 10 New Member
    Once my sims get married, they get kind of a strained relationship. I keep forgetting to let them talk to each other (since there's no end goal in that once they're married) or letting them have quality time. Usually they get an unequal work division as well, with one being a stay-at-home parent (since it's convenient having someone to take care of the house/children) and one gets to bring in the money. Even when I really like the couple and is determined to make them perfect and loving this is usually what happens :/
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I continuously make all these Sims and households with all my nice CAS items, and never really bother to actually play with 80% of them.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I rarely put in effort for my sims to make friends with people that aren’t in their family. Like usually they’re just friends with their parents, partner, siblings, and children. Occasionally they’ll be friends with aunts, uncles, cousins, and nephews. But I rarely if ever go out of my way for them to make friends with people their not related to, because I usually only care about the members of the family and not some random person they meet at the park. Sometimes I feel bad for my sims children though because they have no friends... but eh, socializing is overrated
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    For me, without fail, every time I try to add kids into a family (even just one) it just kills the game for me. But I don't like kids IRL either.

This for me, and also my excessive cheating. (Out of context that would sound quite horrible :D )
  • Options
    Lerxi1310Lerxi1310 Posts: 2 New Member
    My bad habits include always using money cheats, and using the same face for girls. I always use the face with the blue eyes that seems to be "the perfect face". Then, when that woman has a child and she ages up to be a teen with a face that doesn't look like that one, I go to CAS and change it.