Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever had a Natural Meteor Strike?

Have you ever seen a Meteor strike without the use of Cheats or Aliens? Don't think I have, and I'm curious about it.
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited March 2018
    I had one when I first started playing Ambitions on a Restaurant It hit Hogan's Diner and killed three Sims, but none thereafter...and had to resort to mods to time my strikes so as to develop a little tension in my story lines.

Now I drop meteors and cause meteor storms with mods...just for gits and shiggles.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Yes, I've had a few, always where I least would want them to occur . . . but none for a long time (hopefully I didn't just jinx myself).
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    3 months ago, Elijah Fortune was not very fortunate as he was fishing in Sunset Valley:

kWGA17G.jpg

1 month ago, the attendees of the Summer Festival (also Sunset Valley) had a bigger blast than they expected. This time, there were no casualties.

NbqH1TD.jpg?1

These were different saves. I think over the years I've had about 10-15. I had my first meteor strike the first day I got Ambitions when it was released. Jason Hawes was on his way to a ghost hunting job on his bike. I had no clue what was happening, lol. He survived, though.

All natural. I don't use mods and I've never controlled an alien.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I've had one at the school and park in Sunset Valley, and during the graduation ceremony at university.
    They are rare enough that they always surprise me when I get the 'sky is getting dark' notice :smile:
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I've only ever had one in Hidden Springs. My Becky left work in the middle of her shift to go see it. It hit her, charred her, but she was otherwise unscathed.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    More than a couple... Yes. Using the telescope seems to be cursed in my game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I get meteors every once in a while, without mod or alien interference, although I use the telescope a lot. The last time, my sim was fishing for deathfish in Riverview, at the tip of the central island. But he'd just caught his sixth fish, so by the time I got the notification, he was already getting ready to teleport home.

A few saves ago, one came for my sim who was playing guitar for tips in front of the library. He split and then I watched to see which townie sims I needed to reset out of the way. It was only fair, since my sim was the whole reason they were standing around anyway. This probably happens more often than I notice, but if my sim is somewhere in town I just send him or her away without thinking about it.

A few years ago, I was playing an overstuffed house when I got the message that an infant noticed the sky getting dark (in the middle of the night, no less). Since all of the adults were probably too far away to pick up the kid and run before the meteor struck, I just reset him out of harm's way. I didn't even think the game would let babies or toddlers die, and although I wouldn't have saved the result, I still wonder what would have happened if I'd let things play out.
  • Options
    I let my sims die if something like this happens, lol. I guess I'm in the minority.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Once, about an hour (game time) into a new save. It was with the Keaton family in Sunset Valley, nobody died but tons of sims invited themselves into the house to scream about it.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    oh, great, @Idontrcall, I'm now getting a video idea set to the song - the one done by Mitch Miller and his band.

https://youtu.be/UH01FhqMdc8

I know, I'm a sadist.

Dropping meteors all over Sunset Valley while the song "Happy Days Are Here Again" plays in the background. >:)

:mrgreen:

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes and will admit to using the "Teleport me here" option to watch people die from a safe distance.Not close enough to taste the hot dogs but sure can smell em cooking from across the street.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Once, about an hour (game time) into a new save. It was with the Keaton family in Sunset Valley, nobody died but tons of sims invited themselves into the house to scream about it.

Too bad Justine didn't die! -cough @Colton147147 cough-

Also, I'm craving a new animal crossing so bad :(
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Zeldaboy180 Animal Crossing is such a good game :p I lost a huge chunk of my life to it.And that game lures the completionist in me to own all furniture and clothes and fill the museum and....

WHY!!! Animal Crossing WHY must you be so addictive.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 Animal Crossing is such a good game :p I lost a huge chunk of my life to it.And that game lures the completionist in me to own all furniture and clothes and fill the museum and....

WHY!!! Animal Crossing WHY must you be so addictive.

Definitely! I downloaded the original Animal Crossing for gamecube to my computer today because I wanted to relive my childhood nostalgia lol. Been playing since the original :)

New leaf is like 6-7 years old now.. Seriously ready for a new game. Praying and praying that they announce it for Switch at E3!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Have you ever seen a Meteor strike without the use of Cheats or Aliens? Don't think I have, and I'm curious about it.

I think I've had 4 meteors in my games over the years. One was right out of the blue. The other 3 were from sims searching the galaxy on the telescope. I always get my sims inside or off the lot before the meteor hits. So far no deaths.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Once, in Twinbrook, my sim was on a date and stargazing. I saw the notice but ignored it (I was a total noob) and didn't see the shadow because it was dark.

The date didn't end so well.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've had three. The first one was not long after I started playing. I got the notice, and looked at the school, where my teen who had seen it was. I saw a shadow that looked like it could be a meteor, but I thought meteors came with Seasons, which I didn't have. While I was trying to figure out what else it could be, my teen and a lot of other school children were killed. That was in Sunset Valley.

My second meteor was in Lucky Palms. My sim was at work in the military career. Her boyfriend, Clark Bellamore, was also in the military career, but he was late for work. He arrived just about the time she left, running for home across the road. He made it inside before the meteor hit, and I thought he was going to be killed, but he survived unscathed.

My third was recently. I had a sim using a telescope for several hours. I teleported her out of the way, and moved the telescope. There was a fire, and two scorched neighbors came to freak out about it, getting in the way of my sim and the firefighter, who were trying to put it out. In spite of the fire, her house wasn't damaged.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I've never had one. I would love to have one in my game.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I have had several. They've hit my house a handful of times, twice while play-testing builds and both of those times were pretty devastating. I did learn that windows can become ruined and kill the room score until replaced after a decent strike. I've had random meteors out and about town, like just standing on the beach when all heck breaks loose. I've also learned to pay attention to the notifications for my active sim while I am off looking at something else.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I've never had one. I would love to have one in my game.

Same.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I had one in Sunlit Tides. I had even captured video of it (I never remember to start capturing when something out of the ordinary happens, but this time I did.)
    My Sim was jogging home and the meteor came down and hit a police cruiser that had just parked outside of the consignment shop (? - I think that's what I had placed). The cop got out and walked into the shop singed. :D There was a HUGE spacerock that landed and I had her collect it. I thought "I'm rich - no cheats!"

Then my game crashed and I completely lost the random event and my video. There's my luck for ya! :'(
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Yes, on my very first game after getting Ambitions. Lost a Sim that way since I wasn't expecting it.
    image.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    I've had a few, not very many, over the years that have landed on pretty much abandoned lots and affected no one except startling me by having the screen shake at the time.

But then there was this late afternoon years ago when my sims attended a party thrown by an inactive, at the inactive's house. This was the one and only time that my sims were able to take control of such a party, more or less, and get everyone around them to have a good time. They were performing music in the backyard, there was dancing, food, brilliant conversation to be had, one of them was mixing up drinks, etc. I thought success, finally I had figured out what to do with those inactive party invites that never seemed to amount to anything. Then suddenly the sky got dark, everyone looked up instead of running away, and...well yes, of course that would happen right then and there, wouldn't it.

Reminded me of the classic SimCity days where you finally get your city to function just the way you want it and then Godzilla shows up and stomps all over it. :angry:

Most of my ongoing legacy family would have been wiped out by that one if I played it through. Although any survivors might have been "talking about that epic party for years," I opted to quit without saving and if my sims want to have a good time a party now, they throw one themselves. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    I've had a few alien-triggered meteors but no natural ones yet. However... one night I was stargazing (actually looking at the sky, not a sim doing it :D) and spotted a rotating dark shape in the sky. The shape never stayed the same and it kinda looked like a meteor shadow you see on the ground. I wonder if that was a foreshadowing of one to come? Though nothing happened in the days after. I also had pictures but now I can't find them. :confused:
  • Options
    I just had another one today, the meteor came down on the lot next door to my sims house. No one was killed, but a lot of people were singed and the area around the outhouse caught on fire. Don't know why I seem to get them more than others. Third in 3 months (real time 3 months).