Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SURVIVE THE INSANITY - UP-DATED AUG 3 - ON HIATUS

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited March 2018
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Ooooooh boy...o.O That place is fanfreakintastic! I am now even MORE excited and eager to read this challenge and possibly be a part of it than I was already! \o/ Great job @SoulGal7, take a bow! :)
    And I can't wait to find out what's behind that locked door! :p

@Karababy52 - ahhh...thank you. I worked and re-worked that house. I even made a blank lot with all the skill items on it to see which ones sims would autonomously go to. This did not include the computer, tv or bookcases. If you're interested in the results, here they are: #1 chess table #2 punching bag #3 microphone #4 bonsai tree #5 bar #6 woodworking table. Not one sim of my test sims autonomously went to any of the music items (guitar, piano, etc) or the easel. In the gallery build, I have the piano, but then put in the microphone for the renovated house which will be used in the story.
    Damaro wrote: »
    Wow very nice asylum!
    When I saw the phonograph I instantly thought about the constant playing 'Dominque' in AHS season 2. XD

@Damaro - thank you. Since this was an old, asylum, what better music item to have there than an antique phonograph? lol
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2018
    You're very welcome! I could tell from the attention to detail you had spent a lot of time creating that lot. <3

Very interesting results and shows a lot of dedication to your story to do that. I'm impressed! It's been my experience with Asylum challenges that the TV, computer and bookcase are the most used. But barring those items as you have, I had similar results.

#1 was the chess set, they loved that thing. #2 was the treadmill, but it probably would've been the punching bag if I'd had one on the lot. And #3...hmm, can't really remember, maybe the yoga mat? No one except my Sim ever used the piano or microphone either. They also all but ignored the easel, but they might've gravitated toward it more if my controlled inmate wasn't using it constantly himself. ;)
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Ooh! I might just make someone for this! Ooor... I could dig someone up.... hehehe...
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    allharlowseveallharlowseve Posts: 107 Member
    Hey, are you still accepting Sims? I would absolutely LOVE to participate. I know you said no CC, but I have default skins that override the EA ones but they should cancel out once you download them off the Gallery, is that alright?
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2018
    Name of sim. Mowgli The Mancub
    03-12-18_5-28-18_PM.png
    Gallery Link: Mowgli

Background story: "Look for the bare necessities those simple bare necessities forget about your worries and your strife" The young man opens his eye's and glances around the room.
    "Help me Baloo, Bagheera How did I get in the man village? Noooo Nooo the jungle is my home!"
    Having no other memory other than that of living in the jungle with the animals as his family Mowgli (Last name unknown) as he is known has woken and is convinced his memories are real. Who knows if he's right or if its a side effect of memory loss combined with a vivid imagination and memories of his favourite story as a child only time will tell.

Your Origin ID: charlii-mai
    Post edited by Charliimai on
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2018
    Sorry! double posted
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    @allharlowseve - Yes, certainly accepting more sims until March 17th. I am sure it would be fine and I will know once I download the sim, so if any problems, I'll let you know.

@Charliimai - Oh I love, love your sim! Mowgli The Mancub is perfect.

As I have mentioned before, all sims created will be part of the story, although they may not be part of the actual asylum house. Who knows, they may be living in another asylum nearby and come for "group" on a certain day. Or, they might be part of a "club". If you've looked at the House Tour, there used to be a garden club there, so anything is possible.
    Plus, there are going to be two locations, as further into the story they will be going back to the jungle.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Name of sim: Rocky Kowaltzski

Description: Rocky Kowaltzski looks like a caveman, walks like a caveman, and has the stench of one. He also has the IQ of a particularly stupid one too. If these traits weren't enough for people to try to avoid the missing link that is Rocky Kowaltzski, he makes up for it by being an escaped mental patient who believes that giant cheeseburgers are trying to eat him.

Origin id: vanpelt81
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 - Thank you so much for Rocky. I will have a look at him when I am in-game again. He sounds "wild"! Up-date - here he is!

kowaltzski.png
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @SoulGal7 I’ve got a sim dude for ya but prolly won’t get a chance to upload him till this evening :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I am LOVING these Sims <3<3<3

Cannot wait to read this when it begins.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Finn Wright is an adventurer. He's got the best success rate of any at getting through deadly temples. Some call it luck, some call it skill – he calls it the help of his trusty animal companions, plus the voice of the Watcher in his ear guiding him. Unfortunately, not everyone is convinced that the Watcher is real, let alone that they would talk to someone like Finn – and Finn's insistence on supernatural assistance may have gotten him into hot water this time.

Finn is up on the gallery for you to download!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Xantheanmar - thanks so much for making Finn. I love the backstory. Here he is...in the flesh. I think I see the shadow of the Watcher behind him.....!

finn_wright.png

@Munterbacon - still time to submit. Am looking forward to your creation. Now I need female sims, go figure! lol

@bmit04 - Also, noticed that a pic of Sunny wasn't up, so here she is...without her backpack...

sunny.png

Thank you to everyone who has submitted a sim so far. I just love, love, love them all! I have play-tested a few, well, actually they were play-testing the asylum....and I have to say...they are great and the expressions! So funny!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    Name of sim: Erik Sigmundsson
    eriksigmundsson.jpg

Background story:

Erik claims to have come from another world, one filled with Elves, Orcs and Magic, one where dragons soar through the skies and the dead come back to life. He claims that we are all "Milk Drinkers" and that he must return to the Dwumuner (I probably misheard him there) ruins so he can return to his world. The only ruins that we found him in were the ones in the jungle, along with the others.

Your Origin ID: Munter_Bacon (or Download Link.)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Many of these were insane even before they got on that plane to Salvadorada! :grimace:
    There's no curing them!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @Munterbacon - Erik is great! And heck, I believe in magic...who doesn't?
    Many of these were insane even before they got on that plane to Salvadorada! :grimace:
    There's no curing them!

@LegacySims2017 - Oh, I'm supposed to cure them? Psstt.....Erik....do you have a book of magic spells? Umm...make that a BIG book.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    There's no curing them!
    @LegacySims2017 - Oh, I'm supposed to cure them? Psstt.....Erik....do you have a book of magic spells? Umm...make that a BIG book.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    There's no curing them!

Just generalizing. :grimace:

Some will never be fit to rejoin the outer society. Some may along with your controlled Sim...lol
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    eriksigmundsson.jpg

Background story:

Erik claims to have come from another world, one filled with Elves, Orcs and Magic, one where dragons soar through the skies and the dead come back to life. He claims that we are all "Milk Drinkers" and that he must return to the Dwumuner (I probably misheard him there) ruins so he can return to his world. The only ruins that we found him in were the ones in the jungle, along with the others.

Does Erik know the story of Ragnar The Red? Did he hire a hit on that Orc bard?
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    eriksigmundsson.jpg

Background story:

Does Erik know the story of Ragnar The Red? Did he hire a hit on that Orc bard?

He does and he did! ;)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    Last call if you want to make a sim. Need a few female sims to round out the houses. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Hey @SoulGal7 if you don't get anymore ladies, I could make you one, if that's allowed? Orrrr, you could make Ridge a female if you'd like? Just change his name to, um, Midge? lol Or I could transform him to a lady for you and upload her too. Whatever you need. :)

Also, wanted to let you know you're more than welcome to make him/her a young adult if needed. Not sure if you noticed, but he's an adult. :)
  • Options
    NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member
    Background Story: Barbie never really felt in control of her own life. It was always as if someone else was making all the decisions for her; like what to wear and how many tea parties to attend in a day. She had a boyfriend named Ken but apparently he disappeared (on the day he was to marry Barbie!) during a mission with the famous G.I. Joe never to be seen again. The lack of control and the loss of her boyfriend has left Barbie feeling a bit besides herself lately.
    Barbie was determined to get Ken back so she went to the jungle to find him She wasn't 100% sure he had really vanished - she was in fact rather certain that he and G.I. Joe were having an affair.
    Barbie does not have a single piece of adventure gear - Pink skirts and high heels will have to do (and it does make her look quite stunning).
    She even brought her wedding dress - because once she finds Ken he's not getting away again!
    On a side note - Barbie likes to party. All the time - I guess all those tea parties rubbed off on her somehow.

Name of Sim: Barbie Doll

Your Origin ID: Onyeka001

Good Luck on the challenge!!

I'm sorry, but it seems I can't post pictures or links (I see no option for it) - probably because I never really posted much on these forums.