Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my first pet stuff pack actually worth it.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Felicity wrote: »
    This pack sounds ALMOST as bad as the (Sims3) Katy Perry Sweet Treats! Only good thing about Sweet Treats was that it was a stand alone pack!

EDIT: I'm seriously considering about passing on this pack!

I bought KPST on sale -- while I don't like the items, the items are at least original. Was it worth $20? It was barely worth the $5 I spent on it for all the use I give it. But for people who like that kind of whimsy, it gave a lot of new content including new venues.

Generally, I think Sims 4 Stuff Packs are a much better deal than Sims 3 Stuff Packs, but I think the Sims 3 EPs blow Sims 4 EPs out of the water in terms of content.
    That pack wasn't 20 dollars it was 30 dollars. Plus it was one of the worst packs because all the townies would walk around in those clothes.

Yep - just checked receipt - you're right it was 10 bucks more after all. 29.99.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    This pack sounds ALMOST as bad as the (Sims3) Katy Perry Sweet Treats! Only good thing about Sweet Treats was that it was a stand alone pack!

I bought KPST on sale -- while I don't like the items, the items are at least original. Was it worth $20? It was barely worth the $5 I spent on it for all the use I give it. But for people who like that kind of whimsy, it gave a lot of new content including new venues.

Generally, I think Sims 4 Stuff Packs are a much better deal than Sims 3 Stuff Packs, but I think the Sims 3 EPs blow Sims 4 EPs out of the water in terms of content.
    That pack wasn't 20 dollars it was 30 dollars. Plus it was one of the worst packs because all the townies would walk around in those clothes.

Ah, $20, $30 -- it still wasn't really worth the $5. I don't remember townies wearing the stuff though;I'm pretty sure none of the outfits were marked for random. Or maybe I unmarked them for random. Store clothing was another thing -- I never did figure out how to unmark those for random, and manually uninstalling was a pain.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    I was lucky because I got the KPSP for free on release day. It took me a year to install it and remains the most unused SP I have. It is not for me.

I never saw any townies wearing the outfits either in my game. But maybe people with mods got different results. I was going to send any sim who dared to show up in either the cotton candy hair or cupcake bra to the hungry cowplant garden. Luckily, they behaved.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2018
    For me, I would say no being it is full of recolors and for those not owning C&D it may not be worth it, might be at $3.99 and lower.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I don't have it, I don't think it's worth it for me -- however, the small pet is really cute from what I've seen and I do like the coffee table. I can see where a bunch of people would get a lot of use out of it. It's a decision you have to make for yourself. There are a lot of videos out there so you can see what it includes and make the decision for yourself.

I do admit I have Sweet Treats, and I actually like it a lot. I use a bunch of the clothes (bahahaha) -- but Spooky Day is my favorite Sims 4 stuff pack, and I think that's one of the least popular with the general players.

We all have different likes and dislikes -- so only you can make the choice.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    I don't have it either, it doesn't have enough pets to actually be worth buying. The only thing i do like from the pack is the aquarium coffee table, but thats kind of it.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

KAty Perry stuff was not worth $30 to me so I got it for 10 or 15 bucks. I actually loved the pack. I just wished the hair could be separated from the hats. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Not technically on the Katy Perry Pack - it was costumes (from Katy Perry's California Girl Tour) mainly useful in the singing career of the Showtime EP. So it was technically an sp for an ep also - even though the argument can be made you did not NEED the ep to use it - I have to question that opinion seeing as regular clothes it looked ridiculous but did look good as show costumes. I owned it and the only time I used it outside of the pool lot and ice cream lot was for the shows my Katy Perry Sim put on stage in Sims 3. (Keep in mind this pack was 20 dollars).

As for the small furry pets pack we just got - I like it. Helps me make a cheery looking happy place for fun families and their pets. I also could see some of the furniture as looking cute in a child/toddler related restaurant, play house, or even a nursery school... which are just ideas I have. I am particularly fond of the Pygmy Hedgehog and the Void Creature and look forward to having these additions to my game.

But is it worth it: well that is question only you can decide. To me, yes.

Actually no it wasn’t. You could use the outfits of course but it was never advertised as needing showtime and never promoted as such. Also the pack case with a few community lots as well as the outfits.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Personally, I don't think so. I impulse-purchased it and EH. It's got very few outfits in my opinion per animal (like 3-5 per dog and cat), and very little furniture. I would've expected more variety in pet beds as well. Perhaps a dog house finally? The only pet bowl they added looks like a tree stump which also does nothing for me aesthetically. The "amazing" coffee table is pretty blah to look at after 30 seconds as well.
    So really the only thing I enjoy is the addition of smaller, caged animals...But those should have been included with the Pets EP. Kind of bummed about it, actually.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2018
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think so. I impulse-purchased it and EH. It's got very few outfits in my opinion per animal (like 3-5 per dog and cat), and very little furniture. I would've expected more variety in pet beds as well. Perhaps a dog house finally? The only pet bowl they added looks like a tree stump which also does nothing for me aesthetically. The "amazing" coffee table is pretty blah to look at after 30 seconds as well.
    So really the only thing I enjoy is the addition of smaller, caged animals...But those should have been included with the Pets EP. Kind of bummed about it, actually.

Man, am I glad that they didn't try to include dog houses in the stuff pack.

After all the hubbub about doghouses not being included with the EP, I think that this entire website would have had a meltdown if EA tried to sell doghouses in a stuff pack. Straight up, there would have been a smoking crater where the boards used to be.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Kaon45Kaon45 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > 5782341b77vl wrote: »
    >
    > This pack sounds ALMOST as bad as the (Sims3) Katy Perry Sweet Treats! Only good thing about Sweet Treats was that it was a stand alone pack!
    >
    > EDIT: I'm seriously considering about passing on this pack!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not technically on the Katy Perry Pack - it was costumes (from Katy Perry's California Girl Tour) mainly useful in the singing career of the Showtime EP. So it was technically an sp for an ep also - even though the argument can be made you did not NEED the ep to use it - I have to question that opinion seeing as regular clothes it looked ridiculous but did look good as show costumes. I owned it and the only time I used it outside of the pool lot and ice cream lot was for the shows my Katy Perry Sim put on stage in Sims 3. (Keep in mind this pack was 20 dollars).
    >
    > As for the small furry pets pack we just got - I like it. Helps me make a cheery looking happy place for fun families and their pets. I also could see some of the furniture as looking cute in a child/toddler related restaurant, play house, or even a nursery school... which are just ideas I have. I am particularly fond of the Pygmy Hedgehog and the Void Creature and look forward to having these additions to my game.
    >
    > But is it worth it: well that is question only you can decide. To me, yes.

The Katy Perry Pack (KPP) wasn't the best pack ever but, at least, it was built around a theme. KPP and Showtime were only connected the way you used it. You could use it on a spoiled kid on the base game only, on an excentric/insane sims or with regular sims in the utopian future.
    And Showtime had already multiple choices for the show costume of your sims.

The sims 4 First pet stuff doesn't have a theme. If the point of this stuff pack was the rodent, it's a failure since more than half of the content is for cats&dogs or related to the sims 4 cats and dogs's theme.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Kaon45 wrote: »
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > 5782341b77vl wrote: »
    >
    > This pack sounds ALMOST as bad as the (Sims3) Katy Perry Sweet Treats! Only good thing about Sweet Treats was that it was a stand alone pack!
    >
    > EDIT: I'm seriously considering about passing on this pack!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not technically on the Katy Perry Pack - it was costumes (from Katy Perry's California Girl Tour) mainly useful in the singing career of the Showtime EP. So it was technically an sp for an ep also - even though the argument can be made you did not NEED the ep to use it - I have to question that opinion seeing as regular clothes it looked ridiculous but did look good as show costumes. I owned it and the only time I used it outside of the pool lot and ice cream lot was for the shows my Katy Perry Sim put on stage in Sims 3. (Keep in mind this pack was 20 dollars).
    >
    > As for the small furry pets pack we just got - I like it. Helps me make a cheery looking happy place for fun families and their pets. I also could see some of the furniture as looking cute in a child/toddler related restaurant, play house, or even a nursery school... which are just ideas I have. I am particularly fond of the Pygmy Hedgehog and the Void Creature and look forward to having these additions to my game.
    >
    > But is it worth it: well that is question only you can decide. To me, yes.

The Katy Perry Pack (KPP) wasn't the best pack ever but, at least, it was built around a theme. KPP and Showtime were only connected the way you used it. You could use it on a spoiled kid on the base game only, on an excentric/insane sims or with regular sims in the utopian future.
    And Showtime had already multiple choices for the show costume of your sims.

The sims 4 First pet stuff doesn't have a theme. If the point of this stuff pack was the rodent, it's a failure since more than half of the content is for cats&dogs or related to the sims 4 cats and dogs's theme.

That's YOUR opinion - not mine. You can only say - in YOUR opinion, those things.

I also had the Katy Perry version of Showtime - by the way.

And no the only way to get authentic copies of Katy Perrys own show clothing and stage decor was to buy the Katy Perry stuff pack. Come to find out that stuff pack was actually 30 dollars and not 20 like other stuff packs because of it authentic content - but anyway - it is still an opinion on my part - just like the small pet stuff pack is an opinion on your part. Also considering the C & D pack is the best selling ep thus far of Sims 4 - really not an issue some "extra" content was added to the stuff pack of content people with C & D complained were lacking in the EP. So if anything they - who thought the ep was low on that content should be happier about it.

It is no different than the sps made just for toddlers and just for kids getting extra content - people did not complain about those sps - did they. In fact I would love more kids and toddlers stuff packs with more clothes, play ground equipment like swings etc - more hairs - particularly long hairs.

But keep in mind just because I like more and are willing to pay for sps - does not mean your are ever obligated to buy any sps. They are a choice - not mandatory or even necessary.

I don't get all this fuss over accessory packs any way. If it was an ep or gp- I could see the fuss - but that too is my own opionion and my choice to have that opinion.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018

Not technically on the Katy Perry Pack - it was costumes (from Katy Perry's California Girl Tour) mainly useful in the singing career of the Showtime EP. So it was technically an sp for an ep also - even though the argument can be made you did not NEED the ep to use it - I have to question that opinion seeing as regular clothes it looked ridiculous but did look good as show costumes. I owned it and the only time I used it outside of the pool lot and ice cream lot was for the shows my Katy Perry Sim put on stage in Sims 3. (Keep in mind this pack was 20 dollars).

As for the small furry pets pack we just got - I like it. Helps me make a cheery looking happy place for fun families and their pets. I also could see some of the furniture as looking cute in a child/toddler related restaurant, play house, or even a nursery school... which are just ideas I have. I am particularly fond of the Pygmy Hedgehog and the Void Creature and look forward to having these additions to my game.

LOL, no, indeed you didn’t. I’ve never heard anyone stating back then “darn, that simply should have been in Showtime, it’s a disgrace it’s not in there.” :D On top of that they made us pay €10 extra for Katy Perry, which was ridiculous (but hey, we got a poster!). But I honestly think it was the worst sold pack in the entire franchise and people who didn’t buy it didn’t miss anything with respect to the Showtime experience. There’s quite some stuff in there you can perfectly well use without playing a performer by the way. In fact I have.
    And no the only way to get authentic copies of Katy Perrys own show clothing and stage decor was to buy the Katy Perry stuff pack
    That’s because it was called the Katy Perry pack wasn’t it?

I have a feeling you don’t really understand what people are complaining about. It’s not because a stuff pack has items that fit an EP, it’s because the stuff pack has items that should have been in that EP. You need the EP to be able to use some of the content (the pet suits) and it contains stuff people were openly missing long before they announced this SP. People were disappointed they only got cats and dogs.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

LOL, no, indeed you didn’t. I’ve never heard anyone stating back then “darn, that simply should have been in Showtime, it’s a disgrace it’s not in there.” :D On top of that they made us pay €10 extra for Katy Perry, which was ridiculous (but hey, we got a poster!). But I honestly think it was the worst sold pack in the entire franchise and people who didn’t buy it didn’t miss anything with respect to the Showtime experience. There’s quite some stuff in there you can perfectly well use without playing a performer by the way. In fact I have.
    And no the only way to get authentic copies of Katy Perrys own show clothing and stage decor was to buy the Katy Perry stuff pack

I have a feeling you don’t really understand what people are complaining about. It’s not because a stuff pack has items that fit an EP, it’s because the stuff pack has items that should have been in that EP. You need the EP to be able to use some of the content (the pet suits) and it contains stuff people were openly missing long before they announced this SP. People were disappointed they only got cats and dogs.

But Katy Perry worked with the Sims team specifically to make that pack for her stage shows from the Dream Girl tour is what I am getting at -

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=639669

Keep in mind I was a tester for the KP Showtime ep for EA. I am not just guessing or assuming anything. KP also made numerous videos and even commercials promoting the additional pack and showed video of stuff from that pack from her shows on tv etc. So working with EA she meant that pack for Showtime. There is even video out there of KP working with the Sims teams to get everything right from her shows.

But anyway, that was then and this is now. I don't have a problem with the sp and am glad it expanded the ep - which could not have given us that content seeing they went with the pets career - which I also like. It's my opinion to have no problem with it - just as it is your opinion to have a problem. That is fine for both of us - and you are as much entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018

But Katy Perry worked with the Sims team specifically to make that pack for her stage shows from the Dream Girl tour is what I am getting at -

Keep in mind I was a tester for the KP Showtime ep for EA. I am not just guessing or assuming anything. KP also made numerous videos and even commercials promoting the additional pack and showed video of stuff from that pack from her shows on tv etc. So working with EA she meant that pack for Showtime. There is even video out there of KP working with the Sims teams to get everything right from her shows.

But anyway, that was then and this is now. I don't have a problem with the sp and am glad it expanded the ep - which could not have given us that content seeing they went with the pets career - which I also like. It's my opinion to have no problem with it - just as it is your opinion to have a problem. That is fine for both of us - and you are as much entitled to your opinion as I am mine.
    What from the Katy Perry pack should have been in Showtime in your opinion? Because that’s what bothers people now. That they have to buy an extra pack to complete an EP that was lacking stuff. As far as I remember the biggest complaint about the KP pack was that it contained literally nothing anyone would want in their game like, at all. I remember the simmers I hung around with back then suspected EA had changed their target group into toddlers ;)

If you mean “they’ve done some really odd things in the past as well” then yes, I agree. If you mean “well I’m fine with this new strategy, I have no complaints and I’m willing to go with it”, that of course is your good right. But don’t imagine you are adressing what people are actually worried about, you’re comparing apples with oranges. And even though there’s something smelly about both apples and oranges in this case, they are still not comparable (and by pretending it is you are in fact downplaying other people’s opinions). KP was a very silly action that - I think - resulted in the worst sold pack in the history of The Sims (and a lot of laughter). MFP however is an entirely different matter. KP was a joke, MFP is a trick, that’s the difference.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KP was a joke, MFP is a trick, that’s the difference.

Bingo.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018

What from the Katy Perry pack should have been in Showtime in your opinion? Because that’s what bothers people now. That they have to buy an extra pack to complete an EP that was lacking stuff. As far as I remember the biggest complaint about the KP pack was that it contained literally nothing anyone would want in their game like, at all. I remember the simmers I hung around with back then suspected EA had changed their target group into toddlers ;)

If you mean “they’ve done some really odd things in the past as well” then yes, I agree. If you mean “well I’m fine with this new strategy, I have no complaints and I’m willing to go with it”, that of course is your good right. But don’t imagine you are adressing what people are actually worried about, you’re comparing apples with oranges. And even though there’s something smelly about both apples and oranges in this case, they are still not comparable (and by pretending it is you are in fact downplaying other people’s opinions). KP was a very silly action that - I think - resulted in the worst sold pack in the history of The Sims (and a lot of laughter). MFP however is an entirely different matter. KP was a joke, MFP is a trick, that’s the difference.

Wait - I never said it should have been in ST - as that is foolish. ST was jam packed ep and could not have taken more content. I saw the sp as a complimental additional pack for the KP special edition ST pack I bought.

Well I do not look at it the same as you do - such as I see the stuff packs in all cases providing more stuff - but in Sims 4 it seems Stuff packs are more themed than most of former stuff packs and more specific than previously, outside of the KP pack. In my case once I saw KP's videos of her show and the content of that pack was 100 percent from her shows - well I could not unsee it - and saw it as truly a pack that my KP sim had that content also in her shows.

The things we got in the pack even the lots - the content on the lots was in Kps show. So yes to me it was content "I" needed for my KP ep. I also have young KP fan family members that said the same thing when they saw the content seeing several had gone to many of KP's Dream Girl tour shows. They also saw that pack as content for KP's Showtime show. But nevertheless - it still boils down to your own opinion as what you see it as and why, versus my opinion and what I see it as and why. To me it was an sp for an ep - to you it was not.

For me this Sims 4 pet sp was only partly a compliment to the ep where as the other part was it's own stand alone sp. To me it was a bonus sp as I have C&D and I appreciate the additional content PLUS get the other pet stuff I felt my game lacked - all for one 10 dollar price.

Again it is all opinion on how you see it ( or how I do) and our own reasons why. To me there is no right or wrong here - but an individual choice/opinion.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    KHS12 wrote: »

Man, am I glad that they didn't try to include dog houses in the stuff pack.

After all the hubbub about doghouses not being included with the EP, I think that this entire website would have had a meltdown if EA tried to sell doghouses in a stuff pack. Straight up, there would have been a smoking crater where the boards used to be.

I agree. I was one of the disappointed.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    JimG72 wrote: »
    I bought it....but for anyone that has to be more selective about spending $10, I don't think it's worth it unless you really, really like dressing up your pets and/or you're obsessed with hamsters. The hamsters are pretty limited. There is a lot of pet clothing in the pack....which you won't use unless you like to dress up pets.

The aquarium coffee table alone makes this pack worth it. Of course I love aquariums.

You also clearly love cats. OMG that cat picture for your avatar is cute.

Thank you. My favorite cat avie.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

I agree. I was one of the disappointed.

Me too. No question.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I am complaining why pay 30 extra dollars when it could have been in Showtime. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    KP was a joke, MFP is a trick, that’s the difference.

Someone already quoted this part, but I couldn't resist. Wonderfully said.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Based on extensive investigation, no. Maybe 10 cents in the bargain bin, but not $10. Too much is tied to C&D to be even available, and what little 'first pets' we get is mostly fluff and show, not substance.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2018
    Based on extensive investigation, no. Maybe 10 cents in the bargain bin, but not $10. Too much is tied to C&D to be even available, and what little 'first pets' we get is mostly fluff and show, not substance.

Bingo :) those little critters are tied to their cage and sure you can pick them up but that is it. I had Gerbils when I was young and I would let them romp around on my bed and feed them.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No... I didn't even buy it because I already knew from the beginning that it's not worth the price. The content in this pack should've been included in 'Cats & Dogs'. From the moment this pack was even announced, I made a promise to myself that I won't purchase it... and I kept that promise. There's honestly no need to pay an extra $10 for content that should've been included with a previously released pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg