Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so i have to ask is anyone else actually excited for this or even want this.

Comments

• Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    edited March 2018
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    I am excite. But I get excited about everything concerning this game...I loves it

how are you excited for a rodent and new clothes for your pets.

Hey let people be excited for whatever reason they want... It's ok if you are not but let people be?
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    Jessvera1Jessvera1 Posts: 45 Member
    I am so excited!!!!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    I'm confused? How do we know about this?

they released a teaser trailer for the trailer tomorrow.

Oh yes, thanks. I just saw it.
    What the plum is that? I'm in shock...

Where is it? I want to watch it !! Omg little pets I can't wait for it. I mean it might not be the best pack they could release taking in account Cats and Dogs came out in November but oh well

Edit: I watched it and I can't really give my thought about it because it's a ten seconds teaser, I'll wait till the trailer comes out today. But anyway it doesn't feel too fair that you need to have Cats and Dogs for another stuff pack, it feels like they are trying to fill the holes Cats and Dogs had with a stuff pack and making the player spend more money on it. But maybe after the trailer my opinion will be totally different so still can't wait to watch it!

Again: you don't need to own Cats & Dogs for the gameplay of this pack. You only need Cats & Dogs for the new cats/ dogs clothes in this pack. You get the same gameplay if you don't own the EP.

People here spread misinformation that you require an EP to play it, but that's totally wrong. All we know is that it requires Cats & Dogs for the cats/ dogs clothes that come with this pack. The gameplay will be EXACTLY the same as if you don't own the EP.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    OliviaDOliviaD Posts: 5 New Member
    It says on the teaser you need C&D for the stuff pack if you look carefully.
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Where does it say that this is a 9.99 stuff pack and not a free update too add onto cats and dogs? By free update I mean like the holiday stuff pack. I will wait until the trailer tomorrow before making assumptions.

tumblr_p55sgowuTB1v707rto2_1280.png

That still does not answer my question. The holiday stuff pack was free? Is it not considered a stuff pack?
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Where does it say that this is a 9.99 stuff pack and not a free update too add onto cats and dogs? By free update I mean like the holiday stuff pack. I will wait until the trailer tomorrow before making assumptions.

SimGuruDrake recently said on Twitter that free updates don't get trailers anymore so that's pretty much ruled out.

Well geez, I hope they changed their ways because if not this is sort of ridiculous.

• Options
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    I'm confused? How do we know about this?

they released a teaser trailer for the trailer tomorrow.

Oh yes, thanks. I just saw it.
    What the plum is that? I'm in shock...

Where is it? I want to watch it !! Omg little pets I can't wait for it. I mean it might not be the best pack they could release taking in account Cats and Dogs came out in November but oh well

Edit: I watched it and I can't really give my thought about it because it's a ten seconds teaser, I'll wait till the trailer comes out today. But anyway it doesn't feel too fair that you need to have Cats and Dogs for another stuff pack, it feels like they are trying to fill the holes Cats and Dogs had with a stuff pack and making the player spend more money on it. But maybe after the trailer my opinion will be totally different so still can't wait to watch it!

Again: you don't need to own Cats & Dogs for the gameplay of this pack. You only need Cats & Dogs for the new cats/ dogs clothes in this pack. You get the same gameplay if you don't own the EP.

People here spread misinformation that you require an EP to play it, but that's totally wrong. All we know is that it requires Cats & Dogs for the cats/ dogs clothes that come with this pack. The gameplay will be EXACTLY the same as if you don't own the EP.

That's still part of the pack. So you need to have C&D to access to a part of the pack, I know that the other pet they release will have nothing to do with C&D but they are releasing a stuff pack that in part relies on another pack.
  • Options

SimGuruDrake recently said on Twitter that free updates don't get trailers anymore so that's pretty much ruled out.

Well geez, I hope they changed their ways because if not this is sort of ridiculous.

It would make more sense if it was be free because it's like an update to C&D in part, but I don't think it will be free at all. Tthat's what bothers me a little bit, it's like they are throwing stuff they didn't add into C&D in a pack that not everybody will be able to buy because they need another pack for it, or they will be paying for stuff they won't get (the clothes for cats and dogs)
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

tumblr_p55sgowuTB1v707rto2_1280.png

That still does not answer my question. The holiday stuff pack was free? Is it not considered a stuff pack?

The Holiday Pack was a "Free Pack", not a "Stuff Pack".
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Personally I don't mind that this is seperate from C&D. C&D is a pack with just cats and dogs so to put any other animals in would be a bit weird (even though it does have a fox and a raccoon, but whatever). The thing that I don't like is that you have to pay $10 just to have some extra pet clothing and other stuff for your cats and dogs which could be some nice additions. If they don't think the content in C&D was sufficient, they should bring this pack out as an update or a Free Pack. Now your basically paying $50 for a full cats and dogs experience, which could have just been $40. But of course everything I'm saying is just speculation, so let's just see today how the pack is going to be. Maybe it will surprise us in a good way.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    Well regardless , EA is trying something different here and once we get all the information then they’ll decide if they will do something like this again. I usually buy all the packs regardless of what it is but I wish pet items were already included with CAD.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2018
    these threads are always fun to read.. >:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Mondnacht22Mondnacht22 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > these threads are always fun to read.. >:)

that's true ;)
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    we are getting a sort of new pets stuff pack that will add a new pet and new pet outfits and that sounds like that is about it. seriously is anyone else excited for that. i really want to know if anyone else is looking forward to that pack. like who thought it was a good idea to make a stuff pack to add extra outfits for pets -_-

Should have been included in Cats & Dogs or should be free.
    The disclaimer at the end of the 10 second clip states you must have the base game & the Cats & Dogs expansion.
    More info should be out later today. (Tuesday)

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    we are getting a sort of new pets stuff pack that will add a new pet and new pet outfits and that sounds like that is about it. seriously is anyone else excited for that. i really want to know if anyone else is looking forward to that pack. like who thought it was a good idea to make a stuff pack to add extra outfits for pets -_-

New pets pleural. I'm sure there will be birds and other small animals not just a rodent.

They did not say pets plural, they said pet. So please stop confusing people. Misinformation, and all that jazz.

I stand corrected I was mistaken.
  • Options
    2 hrs 53 minutes till the trailer releases.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it. Not every home can afford or want a bigger pet like a cat or dog. Smaller pets would fit in nicely.

Would have fit nicely in the actual pets expansion. You know, the one that came out less than 4 months ago.

We got a pets expansion 4 months ago?!?! :o The pack I received was called Cats & Dogs. I want my money back.

Well Cats and Dogs is just an itemized subset of content formerly from a more cohesive singular pack. Seems like they will itemize as many animals as possible. $10 lizard pack, $10 turtle pack, $10 bird pack, $10 rabbit pack, $20 horse pack, etc etc etc. So what you got in Sims 3 Pets for $40 will now cost so much more without actually getting that much more.
  • Options
    I hope this pack adds water bowls for cats and dogs. They missed those in the expansion.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually do like what SPs offer in that they fill in niches for people who want them. I don't feel like every pack needs to be expressly for me. Supernatural stuff isn't really for me but I don't mind them making it. I guess each player should just decide what they actually want in their games.

There were some requests for small pets when people were considering C&D. I am not really looking for this because I'd rather have horses but I'll see what it offers and think about it. I wouldn't mind rabbits or, indeed, ferrets. This is ... probably not ... really for me but I'm glad for those who want it. I'm still busy with JA and I'm sure I'll see other stuff that suits me. I kind of need some time to work with some of what I have.

I guess the SP concepts are just there if you want them. Some of the ideas that were widely panned are ones that I enjoy like Fitness. Yeah, it's all gym equipment but I custom-built the nicest gym in my game. I love sending my sims there. I still use some of the decor and clothes elsewhere.

Not every pack needs to appeal to everyone, but I'll see what it's about. Vampires originally didn't interest me but I picked it up on sale. I'm glad for the people who wanted this. Maybe we'll see horses and farms.

Last point, I know that hamsters, gerbils and rats are common pets especially for small kids. I went to a daycare/nursery for a while as a kid that had a pet rat.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm just curious to see how they are gonna make a stuffpack out of this in regards to the sheer volume (or lack thereof) of what we've seen (the new pet clothing and a new animal to care for isn't really that great tbh).
  • Options
    TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    "EA I think this is really bad charging us for a small pet, now you think about that while I go get my credit card"

Haha, I'm sorry to say but this will probably be me, spot on!

I'm rather dissapointed that they will pick apart pets expansion and sell it in small pieces for the sims 4, but I understand it considering the system with ep, gp and sp. I'm also rather dissapointed that the teaser says there will be more clothes for dogs and cats, I would rather have more much needed beds, toys and training things for cats and dogs. I might not buy this pack, but it's way to early to tell for me.
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I'm looking forward to it. Not every home can afford or want a bigger pet like a cat or dog. Smaller pets would fit in nicely.

Would have fit nicely in the actual pets expansion. You know, the one that came out less than 4 months ago.

OTOH, people who couldn't install/run C&D (because of higher game specs or they didn't have the money) can now get a small pet (plus other stuff) for only $10. I don't mind having the small pets broken off if it means more players can enjoy them.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    vaderyckvaderyck Posts: 6 New Member
    I wish I could get excited about this because I love animals. If it's a small pets (plural) stuff pack, then I feel like it'd be worth it. But if you get one just one new pet (a hamster, for example), then I really can't see myself buying this. I would drop $10 in a heartbeat for any kind of parrot stuff or expansion pack (I can dream, at least), but for a hamster? No thanks.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Hi Brendhan,
    Yes I’m excited for this SP. :smile:
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Hi Brendhan,
    Yes I’m excited for this SP. :smile:

Me too!! :)
    a256aFi.gif