Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so i have to ask is anyone else actually excited for this or even want this.

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm really glad and happy that they didn't nerf the vampire break-ins! :)<3
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Nope. I want my vampires put back right. This pack is filler garbage.

Quick off topic post: It's been confirmed by SimGuruNinja in another thread that the vampire break-ins were NOT nerfed in the last patch. Apparently the developers were talking about doing it, but hadn't yet included it in a patch, so it was all a mistake. With all the feedback they got over the past few days from people against it, they've decided not to nerf it after all, so our vampires are safe.

Well that’s counter to when SGNinja said they were nerfed. Why would he say that if it was just discussion? You misunderstood what was said, because he didn’t say that.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936242/have-vampires-been-nerfed-recently-nope/p1

Weird that this wasn’t said originally. Sounds like damage control.

I think it was just a mistake on his part.

Although, he did say:
    I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

The above does imply they could have potentially have been about to nerf vampires.

All in all, I am glad the fans reacted the way they did because it has, hopefully, shown to EA we actually want challenge back in the game. Jungle Adventure didn't add enough of it, and who knows if EA will actually act on our feedback going forward.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Nope. I want my vampires put back right. This pack is filler garbage.

Quick off topic post: It's been confirmed by SimGuruNinja in another thread that the vampire break-ins were NOT nerfed in the last patch. Apparently the developers were talking about doing it, but hadn't yet included it in a patch, so it was all a mistake. With all the feedback they got over the past few days from people against it, they've decided not to nerf it after all, so our vampires are safe.

Well that’s counter to when SGNinja said they were nerfed. Why would he say that if it was just discussion? You misunderstood what was said, because he didn’t say that.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936242/have-vampires-been-nerfed-recently-nope/p1

Weird that this wasn’t said originally. Sounds like damage control.

If you're suggesting they did nerf it and then this weekend flipped a switch (or plan to this week sometime), that's doubtful. During this whole situation, we've still had reports from players about the vampire stuff working just fine. And as quick and as open as @SimGuruNinja has been about this whole thing, from first seeking solutions to then admitting his mistake not once but several times, I tend to believe him.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    looks like a hamster, which should have been included in the pets game. :s
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    NiLLA wrote: »

Well, if it's a free patch, it won't matter.

If it's not, then EA is being very dumb indeed.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Airakale wrote: »
    NickSims wrote: »
    NickSims wrote: »
    I am excite. But I get excited about everything concerning this game...I loves it

how are you excited for a rodent and new clothes for your pets.

Let her be excited though?! You literally asked who is excited (even though it was with a sarcastic taste).

yeah because to actually hear someone is excited for this just makes think i do not even know its just shocking and confusing.

Yes I'm a tiny bit shocked, but you know, every person is different :)

yeah well clearly they are not in the wrong to be excited for this but i also do not think i am in the wrong to be shocked and confused they are excited for it.

I am also shocked and confused to learn that people would be so exited to used their once-in-a-year chance to get some liquid/solid water to fall from sky or some yellow/red leaves to fall from trees, but hey I do understand that other people think differently than I do and will not open a thread to tell everyone with positive comments about seasons how weird I find their thoughts to be.

Whatever, you guys will get your seasons and I will get my hamsters. I call it a fair trade.

oh yeah because a hamaster is so much cooler then weather effects in the game that actually affect your sims.(plus i am sure they can and will add other things)

Expansion packs are only released in November. This is completely different. They are not putt aside Seasons for this. I may be wrong, but I've heard the stuff packs and expansion packs are 2 different departments.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I see there's no pack icon. Free stuff never has pack icons, except for the Holiday stuff.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    we are getting a sort of new pets stuff pack that will add a new pet and new pet outfits and that sounds like that is about it. seriously is anyone else excited for that. i really want to know if anyone else is looking forward to that pack. like who thought it was a good idea to make a stuff pack to add extra outfits for pets -_-

New pets pleural. I'm sure there will be birds and other small animals not just a rodent.
  • Options
    Aphrodidy wrote: »
    Do you know what the new pet is supposed to be?

Full trailer is coming Tomorrow. You need Cats and Dogs to install it.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    we are getting a sort of new pets stuff pack that will add a new pet and new pet outfits and that sounds like that is about it. seriously is anyone else excited for that. i really want to know if anyone else is looking forward to that pack. like who thought it was a good idea to make a stuff pack to add extra outfits for pets -_-

New pets pleural. I'm sure there will be birds and other small animals not just a rodent.

The teaser mentioned a new pet. That is singular. Given the dancing hamster my guess is it will be a hamster cage.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

The teaser mentioned a new pet. That is singular. Given the dancing hamster my guess is it will be a hamster cage.

I would be disappointed if they restricted us to only one small animal though I am glad were getting more clothing for Cats and Dogs.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I would be disappointed if they restricted us to only one small animal though I am glad were getting more clothing for Cats and Dogs.

Presumably you can buy as many as you want, but the pack isn’t adding anymore than one new pet.
  • Options
    I hope they took this opportunity to add holiday clothing for cats and dogs.
  • Options

Presumably you can buy as many as you want, but the pack isn’t adding anymore than one new pet.

Oh I meant more then one pet type but I'm glad we 'll be getting a rodent whether it's a rat,hamster or gerbil.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    NiLLA wrote: »

Well, if it's a free patch, it won't matter.

If it's not, then EA is being very dumb indeed.

yeah and the way things have been going Its looking like its gonna be a stuff pack. I hope im wrong
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Many people really are stuck on the delivery system being the same as it was in the past. I'll be honest -- I don't get the upset. I don't care whether the content is stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs, or juice packs. I look at what's offered and how much it costs, and I ask myself, do I want to spend this amount of money for that specific type and amount of content? Yes, or no? Usually yes, but sometimes, no.

And I still don't know why:

Hamsters and other rodents are expected in a pack labeled, as clearly as can be: Cats and Dogs.

Two packs, each containing X amount of content, with a staggered release, are somehow clearly worse than 1 pack with 2X the amount of content, several months later.

People say it's about cost, but then they say it's about the number of packs. They are conflating two separate issues.

And things are supposed to cost exactly the same as they did ten years ago, and if it costs more, it's an evil money grab.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    People asked for PETS, not just Cats & Dogs. A majority of the community is annoyed because it all should have been put in ONE pack. I honestly dont care if it would have cost $60-$70.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Oh I meant more then one pet type but I'm glad we 'll be getting a rodent whether it's a rat,hamster or gerbil.

They could always make all of them but skinned differently.. they basically all act the same. I really need to step away though and wait for the trailer. Kind of too excited to do that though :(.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Where does it say that this is a 9.99 stuff pack and not a free update too add onto cats and dogs? By free update I mean like the holiday stuff pack. I will wait until the trailer tomorrow before making assumptions.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I don't care whether the content is stuff packs, game packs, expansion packs, or juice packs.

:p Thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Not gonna lie, part of me hopes this is the best selling SP so far, just for the laughs.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I hope that the rats/mouses could break into our homes and bite our sims while they are asleep or break the walls of our homes and furnitures :love:
    I wonder if we can play as the rat/mouse?
    Or if we are gonna get some cheese cube chairs or a bed shaped like a cheese :love:!
  • Options
    Where does it say that this is a 9.99 stuff pack and not a free update too add onto cats and dogs? By free update I mean like the holiday stuff pack. I will wait until the trailer tomorrow before making assumptions.

SimGuruDrake recently said on Twitter that free updates don't get trailers anymore so that's pretty much ruled out.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not gonna lie, part of me hopes this is the best selling SP so far, just for the laughs.

Yeah, there is certainly much laughter/excitement to be found in the disappointment of others.

/s
  • Options

The game art is green like a Stuffpack.