Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have vampires been nerfed?

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2018
    My go to would also be a lot trait, but If coding such a thing is not possible (for whatever reason), stick with the lot trait. Better using the first alternative, than the latter as we all know the slot number is small to equipped the other three important lot traits.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,198 Member
    edited March 2018
    Um @SimGuruNinja I dont that will work . It feels like the others who want this are still being punished. I wish you talk about this to the community? Before you made any action. I think to keep trying to remove things unsettling is just going to be bad. I think what would been better i you had trait to allow or not allow vampire attacks
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Seriously though, why are we even dancing around this? A toggle for life states is the obvious answer. Everybody wins.

Restricting to a 4-lot neighborhood is a terrible idea.
    Making it a lot trait will see complaints that they have to lose 1/3rd of their lot traits just to avoid that content.

A life state toggle means people who want these events can have more aggressive alien and vampire invasion events without concern while people who just want the build mode assets of the pack can safely buy and get those without worry. It's also a feature that could be used on future lifestates and to the benefit of future packs, with the additional benefit of maintaining realism for players that don't like fantasy life states.

The choice just seems obvious to me.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    When I asked my initial question, I meant the break ins, not just a vampire knocking at the door to chat and hang out. In some ways, having only the hanging out is worse as it makes vampires just Sims who hang out, flirt, chat, and then leave rather than a creature of the night who makes everyone's skin crawl just a little because there's something off about them. Vampires are supposed to be scary.

THIS! I don't want them knocking at my door and then just going away when I don't answer. That's not vampires. I want the break-ins and drinking like it was when the pack came out.

That reminds me, though, isn't that a classic rule in vampire lore, that vampires can't enter a home unless invited?
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    Just trying to continue gathering thoughts and suggestions with you fine folks...
    What if the event was cancel-able (like the welcome wagon)? So if the break-in occurred you could essentially turn it off in real-time and the vamp would go away. There would likely be several edge cases where this might not cancel perfectly clean based on timing, etc. but again just trying to circle in on a fix that may be a more tolerable compromise to everyone.

Well that could work
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Seriously though, why are we even dancing around this? A toggle for life states is the obvious answer. Everybody wins.

Restricting to a 4-lot neighborhood is a terrible idea.
    Making it a lot trait will see complaints that they have to lose 1/3rd of their lot traits just to avoid that content.

A life state toggle means people who want these events can have more aggressive alien and vampire invasion events without concern while people who just want the build mode assets of the pack can safely buy and get those without worry. It's also a feature that could be used on future lifestates and to the benefit of future packs, with the additional benefit of maintaining realism for players that don't like fantasy life states.

The choice just seems obvious to me.

They did say (If I recall correctly and not making it up) it won't work or render vampires away completely. Though, I dunno wether to take it as baloney or true. We can expect pretty much anything to be impossible with the weak engine and small budget.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2018
    Just trying to continue gathering thoughts and suggestions with you fine folks...
    What if the event was cancel-able (like the welcome wagon)? So if the break-in occurred you could essentially turn it off in real-time and the vamp would go away. There would likely be several edge cases where this might not cancel perfectly clean based on timing, etc. but again just trying to circle in on a fix that may be a more tolerable compromise to everyone.

That works too...Not sure why you don't even seem to be entertaining the idea of a lot trait or a toggle for supernatural sims (like we had in TS3). But sure. Being able to cancel the action is fine.

Also, thank you for actually taking part in this discussion and trying to be compromise. Not too many other members of the team are that kind.
    That reminds me, though, isn't that a classic rule in vampire lore, that vampires can't enter a home unless invited?

Certain vampires have the power to bypass that rule. It's one of the powers you can buy with the Vampire points.
  • Options
    When I asked my initial question, I meant the break ins, not just a vampire knocking at the door to chat and hang out. In some ways, having only the hanging out is worse as it makes vampires just Sims who hang out, flirt, chat, and then leave rather than a creature of the night who makes everyone's skin crawl just a little because there's something off about them. Vampires are supposed to be scary.

THIS! I don't want them knocking at my door and then just going away when I don't answer. That's not vampires. I want the break-ins and drinking like it was when the pack came out.

I think that was only in the movise , and same with bursting in flames by the sun.(In Dracula you just get weekend)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018

Yes that could work. Although I would still like to know why toggles are so hard to implement? For future reference as well :) But if it's not a solution then yeah, I guess canceling the event could work. Better than restricting to one world anyway.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I think that would be good enough for people who don't like it while the rest of us keep the break ins, this isn't something I would have noticed at first because unlike some people I got so few to begin with where as others got more. Cutting it out when you aren't in the mood works for both.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Not really -- it depends on the vampire lore you're talking about. There's nothing about invitations being required in Dracula, for instance, that I can recall at least.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Being able to cancel the event would be a good start. AFTER you un-nerf break-ins, of course.
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member

I know people tried to stop vampires coming to their homes by not answering the phone for Vlad's "welcome message", so something like that could work.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options

That is a classic rule yes. But this is the sims. lol Life rules and lore rules don't always apply and they shouldn't.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

If this is possible, this is a must. If this could apply to alien abductions, you could even reverse that nerf too. I'm pretty sure a way to cancel it/avoid it is all anyone with this issue wants. I'd be down for the welcome-wagon like cancel thing. Do that, if it's possible.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Cancel-able would be better than none; I'd actually call the inability to cancel every once in awhile a feature, not a problem.
  • Options

I have been invaded a couple times.

Once, I froze the vampire out on the lawn as an experiment to see if he'd die by sunlight. (he didn't)
    Other times, I simply queue'd up a chat and it cancelled it.

It's already easily cancelled. I've never actually had a Sim be bitten because it's so easy to cancel. You have to actually sit there and wait for it to even run properly, in my experience.

I just stand by my statement of life states needing a menu option toggle because I honestly can't think of reasons why not to include it. It was a welcome feature when added to Sims 3 and it'd be a welcome feature to Sims 4, too. After all, if you have two communities in direct opposition to each other regarding their satisfaction with a piece of content, what better way to please both crowds than to afford them the tools to tune their game to their own liking...?
  • Options

If this is possible, this is a must. If this could apply to alien abductions, you could even reverse that nerf too. I'm pretty sure a way to cancel it/avoid it is all anyone with this issue wants. I'd be down for the welcome-wagon like cancel thing. Do that, if it's possible.

I've been able to thwart an unwanted abduction a time or two by using reset sim when I notice they are going out to investigate lights. ( or when they used to because it hasn't happened in my game in ages) I just paused the game, brought up the cheat panel and resetsim. It works.
  • Options

If it includes the notification warning/welcome, then sure.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of Welcome Wagons, can we stop making sims lose relationship points with their neighbors just because they aren't in the mood to entertain uninvited guests? I just moved in! Can y'all give me time to unpack before dumping your gross fruitcake on me!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I just stand by my statement of life states needing a menu option toggle because I honestly can't think of reasons why not to include it. It was a welcome feature when added to Sims 3 and it'd be a welcome feature to Sims 4, too. After all, if you have two communities in direct opposition to each other regarding their satisfaction with a piece of content, what better way to please both crowds than to afford them the tools to tune their game to their own liking...?

I hear you. You've been pretty insistent on this point since the initial release of vampires and I don't disagree with your philosophy. If and when we add a new life state I think there will be a very serious discussion around this feature.

"If?" We all know witches is a must!
  • Options
    At the very least, a "humans only" lot trait would suffice.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top