Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure Questions/Issues

Comments

• Options
    costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello all,
    i would like to know where i can find the golden relics. I done a lots of temple exploration. My sim have archaeology and local culture maximized. i completed the Ancient Omiscan Artifacts Collection and i miss 2 plates for the Omiscan Treasures collection. I have my inventory full of base and top relics but are all wood relics. I completed a lots of those relics and tested all. Please someone can tell me where i can find the golden ones?
  • Options
    AnitaOxbumaAnitaOxbuma Posts: 44 Member
    I'm kinda able to finally sit down and play and I made an entirely new character. What skills should I work on??? I wanna go skill prepared. Also thanks for all these tips!!

I'll list some skills that are good to have. when I say good I mean I maxed these ones. Fitness(you are able to dodge dangerous traps inside the temple and some dangers in the jungle) Logic(protects you from the spiders your sim will know to stay still). Handiness(gets you extra loot while going through the vine covered gates) Fishing(same as handiness) Charisma ( not quite sure but I think this helps with the ''talking statues inside the temples). Also If you have the Camping gamepack and your sims are normal hoomaans (mine are vampires ;P) then i suggest getting tents,outdoor shower and the food cooler box thingy xD
    02_27_18_7_29_27pm_by_nagima-dc4jhi4.png
  • Options
    TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member

So I just bought and installed this GP, and I have problems with it. All new information areas are blank. For example, the new aspirations, when I hold my mouse over them a blank bubble appear, instead of a text bubble as with the other aspirations. And all the buy and build objects are name "debug" with no information (some have stats though, as hygien etc.) And when I was going to travel to the new vacation spot, there is no information anywhere.

26706253048_85ab18bb4d_b.jpg

I have no idea what could be wrong, does anyone have a clue? I don't have - and never had - any cc or mods, and my game is updated with the latest patch.
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that is extremely weird, @Todiloo. hopefully, repairing the game will fix this. (just in case you don't know, right click the game's icon in your library in origin and there will be a 'repair' option along with several others).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,576 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My very first day in the jungle, both my sims caught on fire, in the temple, and could not extinguish themselves. They both died. Is that normal or is it a bug. :/

The vendors sell a new version of "shower in a can". It's in a big water bottle that you sim can use to shower with. It will also put your sim out if they are on fire. I think fire is the only instant death in the jungle, so have several bottles in your inventory just in case.

Guess it was a good thing I had the third son in my family extinguish his next older brother when he caught fire due to the fire bugs. :open_mouth:
    [img][/img]Wv4NQAH.jpg

[img][/img]uOe4mwL.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    Thank you @kalaksed it worked! Now I can start exploring the new areas! :D<3
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Options
    so glad it worked, now you can enjoy watching your sims die in some of the most beautiful landscape ever along with the rest of us!

(really, other than the fireflies, it's not all that terribly dangerous if your sims take their time and research. but so many areas really are quite breathtaking)
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    costa09 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    i would like to know where i can find the golden relics. I done a lots of temple exploration. My sim have archaeology and local culture maximized. i completed the Ancient Omiscan Artifacts Collection and i miss 2 plates for the Omiscan Treasures collection. I have my inventory full of base and top relics but are all wood relics. I completed a lots of those relics and tested all. Please someone can tell me where i can find the golden ones?

The Golden relic My sim found came from either a treasure chest or an excavation site, I don't recall which. She found it whole, just needed to add the crystal
  • Options
    I mentioned that I tweeted this in another thread, but haven't gotten an answer and I'm not really feeling like playing again until I know something because it really creeped me out. Do the little dolls move on their own, or can pets move them or what? One was on the bed in a room at the rental house, my Sims left for dinner at the cantina, and when I came back I saw this...I need to know!!! I am creeped out by dolls that move on their own. M8c39aN.png?1

Maybe they're like the moving gnomes in Sims 3? I quite enjoy opening my S3 game and seeing what they've been up to while I was away. :p

My sim keeps picking it up to put away, though I'm not sure where she is trying to put it. I never let her finish cuz I want it where it is. Maybe you interrupted a sim from doing the same and they just set it down?
  • Options
    TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    katandmari wrote: »
    My sim keeps picking it up to put away, though I'm not sure where she is trying to put it. I never let her finish cuz I want it where it is. Maybe you interrupted a sim from doing the same and they just set it down?

I would agree with you normally, but there were no Sims on the lot other than 2 pets, my Sims had just came back from eating at the cantina, and they were standing in the grass where you spawn in greeting the pets. I saw the doll on the ground and I actually thought it was a kitten and got excited, only to have my dreams crushed by creepy doll LOL. If there's a toy box on your lot that may be where your Sims are trying to take it to put it away, but the doll on my lot had no Sim there to put it away and it was moved.
  • Options
    katandmari wrote: »

I would agree with you normally, but there were no Sims on the lot other than 2 pets, my Sims had just came back from eating at the cantina, and they were standing in the grass where you spawn in greeting the pets. I saw the doll on the ground and I actually thought it was a kitten and got excited, only to have my dreams crushed by creepy doll LOL. If there's a toy box on your lot that may be where your Sims are trying to take it to put it away, but the doll on my lot had no Sim there to put it away and it was moved.

Nope, no toy box. That's weird. I haven't seen mine move, on it's own, but then I haven't been paying attention.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The little dolls are toys. My alien kid loves his. Is your Sim childish? They might have been playing with it when you weren't looking.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I mentioned that I tweeted this in another thread, but haven't gotten an answer and I'm not really feeling like playing again until I know something because it really creeped me out. Do the little dolls move on their own, or can pets move them or what? One was on the bed in a room at the rental house, my Sims left for dinner at the cantina, and when I came back I saw this...I need to know!!! I am creeped out by dolls that move on their own. M8c39aN.png?1

1753463_orig.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

1753463_orig.jpg

Karen Black in Trilogy Of Terror. Scared the plum out of me.
  • Options
    TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    The little dolls are toys. My alien kid loves his. Is your Sim childish? They might have been playing with it when you weren't looking.
    No, none of my Sims are childish.

1753463_orig.jpg

I used to have nightmares about this movie OMG :'(
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    [quote="simgirl1010;d-935857"]@SimGuruNinja

My sim is on vacation and just received a call from a friend in Brindleton Bay to get together at Chez Llama. I declined of course but if I had accepted would that have ended my sim's vacation? Or would she have been able to accept and then returned to Selvadorato automatically?[/quote]

If it works like the falls vacation area it would end your vacation. I tried that once thinking that I was be able to go back but no and I spend a lot of money on that vacation to get plants and collectibles.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I wish we could disable the phones. It kind of ruins the moment to be deep into the temple, then suddenly having someone text you that it alien night at the bar.

Also my sim paid for a 7 day vacation, and those lodgings aren't cheap. If she did go home in the middle of it, would she get a refund?

Nope no refunds. They really should have implemented that in the game though.
  • Options
    interestingly, one of my sims was invited to the circus before i sent their household on a vacation. so, of course, the call saying 'show's on, lets go' happened while they were in the jungle. sent her, anyway, and she came back to the vacation after instead of winding up at home unplayable like i expected
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My very first day in the jungle, both my sims caught on fire, in the temple, and could not extinguish themselves. They both died. Is that normal or is it a bug. :/

The vendors sell a new version of "shower in a can". It's in a big water bottle that you sim can use to shower with. It will also put your sim out if they are on fire. I think fire is the only instant death in the jungle, so have several bottles in your inventory just in case.

Guess it was a good thing I had the third son in my family extinguish his next older brother when he caught fire due to the fire bugs. :open_mouth:
    [img][/img]Wv4NQAH.jpg

[img][/img]uOe4mwL.jpg

Well if you are playing a Vampire - you may get instant death in the temple with the sun curse/blessing. I saw pictures in one of the threads of Vllad getting a ball of sun in the temple. Was pretty instant death for him I'd say.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited March 2018

1753463_orig.jpg

Karen Black in Trilogy Of Terror. Scared the plum out of me.

lol, me too! And it's the first thing I thought of when TheNUBaliscious said the doll moved.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I've only played JA with one sim so far. If I send a husband and wife to Selvadorada for a week, what happens to their teenager, elderly parent and toddler? Do the remaining family members age?
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    some have said their pets aged into elders while they were away, but i play with aging off so not a clue. i do know that the kids keep going to school (got all the 'school in an hour', 'off to school' and 'back home' messages while the nanny was taking care of little olivia. tazza the pet seemed fine, too. i pretend that the skeleton the couple left to tidy up the place was taking good care of both
  • Options
    jcooke1986jcooke1986 Posts: 7 New Member
    :'( Every time my sim leaves the jungle area I lose all the items I've picked up there. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions to fix? I've already ran the game repair tool in Origin.
  • Options
    jcooke1986jcooke1986 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @kmaria said:
    > I can't use the tent anywhere when I am exploring.. is this normal?

How are you placing it? I've had an issue with trying to place it myself out of my inventory but when I make my sim 'place in world', she seems to find a place to put it.
  • Options
    CenthaCentha Posts: 46 Member
    I have a question-to those of you who have bought the pack, is it worth buying? I'm not sure if I should get it before I get get together or not..I am planning on buying get together eventually, but which one do you recommend buying first? Thank you for your time!