Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the one time use of the machete intended?

Hi,

my Sim just went to the jungle and bought a machete. After using it one time it was gone... Same thing happend again, after I found a new one.

Is this are bug or actually intended? I get why all the sprays and the other stuff need to be purchased again and again. But a machete... seriously?
Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Did something happen to it? My sim was able to clear the vines quite a few times with the same one. Until she lost it when it went flying out her hands!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    A pop up appears saying they lost the machete in the jungle after a chance card. Seems to be intentional. After that you have to go through the rest of the obstacles using only your hands which takes much longer.

I suggest having several machetes before you begin the journey.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, machetes are normally multi-use, but there's a chance you might lose it or use it up along the way. Always buy a machete when a vendor sells one.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    Ok, then maybe ist was just bad luck. I didn´t get any notification however... Thank you guys
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    If you didn't receive any notification you may have a bug. I have lost a few, but always because they were used for a chance card. I always got notifications.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    M'aiq carries two weapons, to be safe. What if one breaks? That would be most unlucky.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    ichchen wrote: »
    Ok, then maybe ist was just bad luck. I didn´t get any notification however... Thank you guys

Nope, I used it and didn't get any notification of losing it and it was gone - 1 use only. :( hope this is a fix with the first patch coming :wink:
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    In order to be able to use the machete without having it slipping from your hand, you have to have a good fitness level. My sim is level 10 and has done all the doors with the same machete. Haven't lost it yet.
  • Options
    ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    Melpomena wrote: »
    In order to be able to use the machete without having it slipping from your hand, you have to have a good fitness level. My sim is level 10 and has done all the doors with the same machete. Haven't lost it yet.

That actually made a lot of sense. I started a new safe and even though my Sim is active, she doesn´t have any fitness skill yet. Thank you. :smiley:

So maybe the only thing that is broken are the notifications on that matter...
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My Sim lost a machete the first time she used it, but the second one she kept much longer.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    others have already answered the question, but i wanted to let you know that if your sim reaches selvadoradan culture 5 (max level), they can ask selvadoradan merchants about their 'secret' wares, which lets them buy a lot of different supplies, including a random selection of relic heads and bases, a mix of various adventuring 'potions', and more imporantly, unlimited machetes and gcres. most of these things seem to be randomly selected, but the machete and gcre were there with both vendors i checked (not a huge sample, of course)
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member

My sim is also level 10 in fitness and has lost his machete once.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    how do we get new ones?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sharee wrote: »
    how do we get new ones?

Go to the cantina. There is a market place in front with three vendors. The items change every time the cart is opened, so buy multiples of everything and come back later to see what else is for sale.
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    The machete has a 30-40% chance of breaking, that's by design. The potential issue I'm seeing here is that sometimes you get a notification that your machete was consumed/broken, and sometimes you don't? We'll investigate this. :)
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    others have already answered the question, but i wanted to let you know that if your sim reaches selvadoradan culture 5 (max level), they can ask selvadoradan merchants about their 'secret' wares, which lets them buy a lot of different supplies, including a random selection of relic heads and bases, a mix of various adventuring 'potions', and more imporantly, unlimited machetes and gcres. most of these things seem to be randomly selected, but the machete and gcre were there with both vendors i checked (not a huge sample, of course)

Ahhh! I was wondering why the first time I visited the vendor they had so few items for sale. Actually there was only 1 vendor the whole time I was on vacation (not the food vendor but the other gear vendors); I guess it's intended for me to send my Sim back again for better/more supplies.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i had my sims hang out in the cantina while working on their culture skill for the entire first day of the trip. looked like every 4 hours or so, a new vendor would show up with different options on the table. but you can also select the vendor instead of the table and get an option to look at a different list of supplies. without max level culture, you'll mostly just see most of the options from the ranger station in granite falls (obviously, only if you have outdoor retreat. though i've got a feeling the pet stuff will be visible without that pack). with max level culture, you'll get a bonus list of things from selvadorada, some artifacts, some relic pieces, some decor items, some adventure gear, even some sugar skulls from the day of the dead collection. these ones all seem randomly selected per vendor. but you will also always have access to bone powder, machetes, and gcres. those three have been on both vendors i checked, while the rest is randomized a bit
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @SimguruNick So, does that 30 to 40% means that fitness has nothing to do with the fact of losing/breaking the machete ? Is that what you're saying ? If so, then I'm sorry I've induced people in error.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    My Sim’s got lost in the jungle. Does anyone know how to buy another one? Is that something that will appear on the sellers table in the marketplace?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes, they can be bought at the market. If no one is selling them now, wait, the stock changes at some point. Buy multiples of everything.
  • Options
    SimGuruMegsSimGuruMegs Posts: 242 SimGuru
    @SimguruNick So, does that 30 to 40% means that fitness has nothing to do with the fact of losing/breaking the machete ? Is that what you're saying ? If so, then I'm sorry I've induced people in error.

Yes, the machete loss is random and is not related to Fitness skill.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Through my jungle speedrun using two Sims with zero skill in anything, I was able to use the free machete from the rental package on the whole adventure to the temple. Didn't even know it had a chance to break at all.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    @SimguruMegs Thank you very much for the precision. :)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I bought several of these from the vendor and they did not work at all.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Like I said before unless my sims are incredibly lucky they have 2 of those things and haven't lost one and its their second trip back there.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top