Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims to Selvadorada?

How many sims do you plan to take at once to go Jungle Exploring? I created six roommates and put them in an apartment complex together. I was going to have them go on a "roommate trip" to Selvadorada. Do you think taking six sims will be too many?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dunno. I plan on going with one. I did the same in WA. I'll do the same here.
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I'm planning to take a family with 13 children. It's probably going to be crazy
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member

haha ok then! That makes six sims easy to deal with!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    How many sims do you plan to take at once to go Jungle Exploring? I created six roommates and put them in an apartment complex together. I was going to have them go on a "roommate trip" to Selvadorada. Do you think taking six sims will be too many?

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm sending at least 25 sims, but obviously not all at once. most are going in pairs (pairing up at minimum is required for me, as have said in other threads. both sims will have at least 10 death flowers, to ensure nothing happens to their adventure buddy. unless the adventure buddy is slated to die (certain ones are). then the buddy is just there to scoop up the urn so it's not left behind)

i think the biggest household going is five, though not sure more than two of them are going into the temple
  • Options
    Is the new death random? Like if I bring 6 sims to the jungle, could any one of them could get a dart randomly, or is it an action that I would have to make a sim do to potentially put them in deaths trap?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's not random...ish.

the new death type is 'poison', and it seems you can get it from spider attacks, bee attacks (possibly), and several traps in the temple (i've seen both dart and spider traps in the videos they put out. we'll learn more tomorrow!). with the spiders and bees, i'm pretty sure it's similar to the electrocution base game death in that the first attack by each type is a 'freebie' that gives you a moodlet (in this case, uncomfortable) that lasts for a set amount of time. if you get a second attack of the same kind while the moodlet is up, the sim prob'ly gets poisoned and dies. that's all just conjecture based on what i saw in the currently released videos. and, of course, the sprays help keep your sims from even getting the moodlet in the first place. there's also a poison antidote your sims can buy at the market. this'll work for the dart trap poison and likely for the others, but not 100% on the non-trap ones. as for the traps, there's going to be something to make it visible, though it might just be plugged into certain puzzles, so random chance per puzzle (i'm also guessing high logic will make a sim guess what might be trapped and a high athletics might help them dodge spears, darts, whatever. we'll see tomorrow)

and don't forget there are other death types. in the pack. some of the insects can electrocute sims or set them on fire. we're not quite sure what the plasma bats do yet, but might find out tomorrow
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2018
    Likely two.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I have a group of four ready to go, but my first initial experimental group has an elder, an adult, a young adult, a teen, a child, a vampire, an alien, and a dog. I am limiting their supplies and doing a survival challenge to see who is left alive at the end. Each character has specific goals and rules that I must follow for the journey. I'm very excited about it. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Even though I'm sending a married couple first I'm thinking of making a single muscular athletic sim that looks like Van Diesel and sending him alone to see if he can survive the traps of the temples.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited February 2018
    I will bring 6 to Selvadorada for the first trip but most likely take only one of them for my first tomb exploration while the rest hang out in the market.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It's probably best to go with two sims initially, so you don't have to watch over too many at once, and if one gets killed by the temple traps (or any other dangers the jungle might have to offer), the other can potentially save them from the Grim Reaper. I'm still going to send my Lara Croft alone, though, because that's just how she rolls!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Four, I have a couple of ladies that just adopted two tots, they are saving up to go to Granite Falls first though we'll see.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    somnasimssomnasims Posts: 64 Member
    I'll be taking two sims. One for the archaeology skill, one for the culture skill :) And then they'll go explore the temple together.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

Well that might not end well xD
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I plan to play as one of the EA townies, and send her out - so I don't lose one of my (personal) Sims! See how well they do (or how quickly they get killed off)! I would hate to lose a Sim that I spent hours on making, then have them killed in the first 20 minutes of game play! :confounded:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm thinking 2-4 sims
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm thinking two -- my adventurer Sim and the child she just adopted so I can see how much stuff there really is for kids in the pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Probably one to start with unless there is a high possibility for stuff in the temples that require more then one sim to unlock them. Having to control more then one sim right at the start will be too distracting and I really want to experience the location and tombs solo first.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    For starters Just 1 Sim for now, as I want to enjoy the trip and explore everything with out a need to tend to anyone or get distracted. It is why I am using just the one Sim first.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Full household of 8 to go! No 'bones' about it!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Start with one, but then work up to sending whole families including pets.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I plan for it to be a regular vacation option for my sims, so I'll send various households in my rotation for different reasons. I have several different households of different sizes that I do plan to send when I get the GP. Some groups will be more less adventurous, but I'm sure that I'll have some go into the jungle.

I have a few families that are likely to go. (I really like the portable toddler beds which make it easier for families with toddlers to go to Granite Falls too). I also recently created a young, intense restaurant owner who will likely go to Selvadorada to learn about the food and explore restaurant concepts. He may end up finding more than he bargained for by exploring. He has a sister who is a very self-assured personality who would probably be good at exploring. Realistically, I'll probably send quite a few varied households because it will be nice to have another vacation option.

One kind of basic question I have is about rotational play. If I have a single sim in a household who dies without an heir in that household, will I be able to continue playing with my other households in that same save? Basically, I don't want to start my entire rotation over just because one household died out?

I've never had that happen in order to find out. If I'll just be able to carry on with my other households then I'll be happy. Basically, I won't see a Game Over screen in that case? I'm happy to let individual sims die of game-induced causes, I just don't want to lose my other households.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options

One kind of basic question I have is about rotational play. If I have a single sim in a household who dies without an heir in that household, will I be able to continue playing with my other households in that same save? Basically, I don't want to start my entire rotation over just because one household died out?

I've never had that happen in order to find out. If I'll just be able to carry on with my other households then I'll be happy. Basically, I won't see a Game Over screen in that case? I'm happy to let individual sims die of game-induced causes, I just don't want to lose my other households.

Of course. If you are playing a household that has one sim, and that one sim dies...the game will automatically go to "manage worlds" to select a new household
  • Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    I think I'll just send my one Sim and see what happens!