Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of homes do you have/prefer?

CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
Just curious :p

What type of homes do you have/prefer? 259 votes

I use the homes off of the gallery.
33%
Goldmoldaralan650111IceyJCrazyboutTheSimsAlexaiRainbowSimQueenAnnie2008SimpatsyannmayrayStrangerthansimgirl1010cchant86NeverSeemsToEndSeraphicPinkWiggles007zagboorulesFroggyKarenNezImaniKiaraSims4ModsKatiardguez 88 votes
I prefer to build my own homes.
55%
auroraael14CK213JadeleineJaiSeaBluefairy286GalacticGaljeepjeepcatalexspoom13sims2freak737MrsTomato1018Angel_mixSasquatch7tanakakiWritin_RegRukola_SchaafSimburiansimm621SusanaLeoteTitanicUmbralFlower 145 votes
I use the premade homes that are in the game.
10%
kerryemmiebethldmarkoBiotic_WarlockJennyggChampandGirliehalloweenchildLadyGaga457tnb494Sanriel85lucyshawsillyangel0906KelvinStutumsunblondsamemieAllyJean13SimmzChazzzyAugustoEvilyn_1007 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Where is the option for other? I use homes from the gallery, I make my own, and use premade homes.it really depends on what I want in the particular save.
  • Options
    TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    I like building my own, it's a big part of playing sims for me to build and decorate :b
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited April 2018
    *BLOOP*
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I like to build my own to suit the sim I create.

I use the gallery once in a while for shells but inevitably redesign the inside as I see it. I never download a furnished lot because I don't want to see how they used it. I prefer to see how I can use it.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Depending on what I'm in the mood for either my own homes or remodel the premade homes.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I always build. I love building houses, irl I do 3d modeling of castles and old style buildings for fun, then print them out on a 3d printer and paint them.

I am totally a geek for that I'm sure, but architecture is a genuine passion of mine :):D
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I do all three of those things.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I like to build, down load and sometimes play in the smaller houses in game. if I download I usually tweek it to what I like.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I do all of those.. although I don't build much mostly expand/build onto and change what's in the game or what I get off the gallery. I really dislike the overuse of MOO.. especially because I've run into so many situations where it blocks game play so I try to go for gallery homes that use it sparingly or preferably not at all.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I build my own for my own home. I have bad memory so it helps me remember where everything is and I love designing. I will use gallery homes for townie sims though.
  • Options
    SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    I get my homes off the gallery because I don't have the slightest bit of comprehension for building my own but sometimes it's hard to find something on the gallery because I have a specific thing i'm looking for so it usually takes days.
  • Options
    YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    I would build if I could but I can't so I won't
    I'm you.
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I do a bit of all of them, but for a while now I've heavily relied on using the gallery, particularly simmers I know that make really nice homes.

If I'm playing pre made sims, a lot of times I'll just re-design or decorate the existing house they are in, it just depends on if the house can meet the needs I have in mind for them.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do a combo of all of these. Most commonly, I use the homes in the game and I renovate them to suit the sims that I have living in a house.

I am willing to build but in TS4, I've tended to renovate more often because it is faster than building an entirely new house. More recently, I do sometimes download properties. I'm very picky about them and I've only done so with a few, but I've really liked the ones I downloaded. I do tend to edit those a bit for specific sims.

I have built a community lot from the ground up and I would do so again if I need to. I just tend to prefer renovating right now. I like starting with an idea and then editing it, tweaking it and adding to it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    All of my homes and community lots are downloaded from the gallery. I don't build from scratch, have no interest in doing so and there are so many wonderful creators on the Gallery. I do like to renovate so I usually change the furnishings, add a room, etc.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I like playing around with building my own. Seems like even when I do use a premade house I ended up altering it. Haven't used any fromt he gallery so far, but that doesn't mean I won't if I see one I like.
    image.png
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I use the premades and download homes from the gallery. I renovate a little. I can't build to save my life and it frustrates me to even try.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    removed.
  • Options
    All of my homes and community lots are downloaded from the gallery. I don't build from scratch, have no interest in doing so and there are so many wonderful creators on the Gallery. I do like to renovate so I usually change the furnishings, add a room, etc.

Yes, there are lots of beautiful homes. My issue is most are large family homes and sometimes I just want a house for a bachelorette. I prefer more realistic, smaller homes , for them B)<3
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited February 2018
    nevermind
    Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    removed...
  • Options
    Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    I prefer building my own, but sometimes I just wan't to play, so Then I use the gallery.
    On the moment I'm trying to rebuild every world. Oasis springs will featere post apocalyptic style homes, for the other worlds I haven't decided yet.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I build my homes. And I tend to give the premades a makeover (usually for the townies that live there, since my Sims like to visit lol).
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I prefer my own homes cuz I can space everything out to my liking.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif