Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Other Game(s) Do You Play?

Comments

• Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Observer, great game about cyberpunk world from future, and Doki doki literature club, visual novel that gets creepier by every minute.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,813 Member
    edited February 2018
    It depends on my mood, but I like Civ, Stardew Valley, Life is Strange, Tropico, Rollercoaster Tycoon, all Nancy Drew games, and probably a few more I can't remember right now. I did try Planet Coaster but couldn't handle it. It made me sick. I was very sad. :(
    Post edited by lovesstorms on
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    OminousFlareOminousFlare Posts: 2,118 Member
    I did try Planet Coaster but couldn't handle it. It made me sick. I was very sad. :(
    lol Just out of curiosity, "sick" in what sense? Do you mean you tried going on the ride?
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Skyrim is my main game, Sims second. Skyrim has been my entire world since Special Edition came out, and it's the only other game I even put any kind of time into. I like trying out other games, but there's nothing like Skyrim and I always end up going back to it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I did try Planet Coaster but couldn't handle it. It made me sick. I was very sad. :(
    lol Just out of curiosity, "sick" in what sense? Do you mean you tried going on the ride?

Motion sickness. So, I was barely able to maneuver around the park to do things like build, place items, etc. Within an hour, I had to quit or I would have thrown up. I got a refund shortly after. It kind of stinks because there are other games I can't play because of that, too. Like my family all used to play Golden Eye on Nintendo 64 when we were growing up. Everyone got to play except me. I couldn't even watch them play or I'd get sick. :s
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Motion sickness. So, I was barely able to maneuver around the park to do things like build, place items, etc. Within an hour, I had to quit or I would have thrown up. I got a refund shortly after. It kind of stinks because there are other games I can't play because of that, too. Like my family all used to play Golden Eye on Nintendo 64 when we were growing up. Everyone got to play except me. I couldn't even watch them play or I'd get sick. :s
    Ah, I see. That's too bad. :/ Especially about Golden Eye 64...
  • Options
    ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    Cities: Skylines is a cool game. It's a real hog for my CPU, but I love building metropolitan cities and learning how they work.
    Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sims clone from the developers, but no doubt they'd put more focus on realism.
    Sims is a wacky franchise, that's why I've treasured it for so long. :D
  • Options
    AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    The better question is, what don't I play?
    I will not touch:
    • Sports game not from Nintendo, like FIFA.
    • Most shooters. I hate world war or sci-fi settings. Splatoon and Bioshock are the only two I've liked.
    • I like rhythm games of something familiar, like Final Fantasy Theatrhythm or Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

I've been gaming since I was 5, I grew up always having a few I was working on. I game on Sony, Nintendo, and Steam platforms. So the only games worthy of mentioning are those I've been poking at continually for a while. Which would be Star Stable Online(though I get bored quickly of just having the same races day after day) and Guild Wars 2. A friend gifted me the first Guild Wars in December, so I mess with that here and there. It's nice seeing the world I'm more familiar with as it was over 200 years ago. Seeing the Elder Dragons as they're still asleep in 1, seeing locations and characters mentioned or turned into Awakened(Mummies, basically)in 2.

It's easier just to look at my backloggery.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Ah, I see. That's too bad. :/ Especially about Golden Eye 64...

I know. It always looked like fun. Plus Planet Coaster looks awesome. I couldn't play on a merry-go-round either because it made me sick. lol I'm lucky that driving in a vehicle doesn't cause issues but I know others who can't even do that without driving themselves.

I also tried playing Skyrim but it makes me sick, too. :( I really did try, though.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Dexter742Dexter742 Posts: 109 Member
    I'm currently playing LA Noire, it's amazing!
    tumblr_m9w3d7LGs31qgple6o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Chicherino wrote: »
    Cities: Skylines is a cool game. It's a real hog for my CPU, but I love building metropolitan cities and learning how they work.
    Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sims clone from the developers, but no doubt they'd put more focus on realism.
    Sims is a wacky franchise, that's why I've treasured it for so long. :D

That would be an interesting game to try. I may look into that.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Most of the other franchises I play are Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Attorney, etc.

I don't tend to like games that are hyper-realistic, violent, horror, etc.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    MumuDesuyoMumuDesuyo Posts: 36 Member
    Overwatch, Starstable - I like MMO/MMORPG's

Single player games would be stuff like Assassins Creed, Okami, Bayonetta or online browser games
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Next on the list is Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Looks to be a good one.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    I restarted Stardew Valley - again. Because of course, yet again, I wasn't happy with the result I got by the Summer of the first year. It's this stupid min/max challenge I tried to take on, because I wanted to make more money in the game to buy the necessary upgrades. But it's so easy to mess up in this game, especially with time being such an essential factor, always racing against you.

I tried manipulating time, freezing it to make it a more relaxing experience, but after doing it a couple times, it just felt like cheating, which was why I restarted in the first place because I wanted to "do it right". But you know, restarting this many times, I'm starting to get burned out by the game. It's always the same with games like this. I'm not good at it, so I keep restarting it over and over again till I get burned out and move on to another game. I think I would much rather play Farming Simulator now. Much more relaxing, despite also having existing frustrations (like how chopping down trees is a pain, or how hiring help to maintain your farm doesn't work very well because the dumb AI can't get past obstacles).

I mean, god, even Planet Coaster feels more relaxing now because I could at least pause the game and still construct my roller coasters and rides at my own pace, not bullrush everything.
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Well recently I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins and Stardew Valley. I'd have been playing Mass Effect but it doesn't seem to work on my laptop anymore for some reason

I'm trying to choose another game to install to play alongside Stardew Valley now. Awesomenauts, Binding of Isaac, Shelter/2, Dust: An Elysian Tail are what I'm thinking...
    Which one though, I'm not sure.

Of course I would install Dark Souls 1, but honestly I don't feel like screwing with DSfix and the terrible control configuration in order to play.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    ZaldaZalda Posts: 4 New Member
    I love Stardew Valley, Skyrim, and Portal 1&2. Skyrim and the Portal games get me pretty motion sick as well sometimes, but not if I build my 'stamina' up for them.
    I also grew up playing Nancy Drew and still love games like that.
    I recently came across West of Loathing and found it hilarious. Anyone heard of it?
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Cities Skylines mostly, I like city builders and management games.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    storminmay wrote: »
    Skyrim is my main game, Sims second. Skyrim has been my entire world since Special Edition came out, and it's the only other game I even put any kind of time into. I like trying out other games, but there's nothing like Skyrim and I always end up going back to it.

Skyrim is also one of my favorites. Made the mistake of playing Oblivion after playing Skyrim only to be annoyed by having to help the Imperials (always play as a Stormcloak in Skyrim since the Imperials always want to chop my head off for giggles to start the game regardless of what race my character is). Also like playing Fallout 4 and Shadow of Middle Earth.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I've spent a ridiculous amount of time and money in Star Wars: The Old Republic. :D It's the only mmo I've ever gotten into.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    I just found out about Life is Strange a couple of days ago. That's the only game I play besides the Sims.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2018
    Planet Coaster
    Civilization
    Tropico
    Open TTD
    Crusader Kings
    Cities Skylines

Any game I can be completely in control and have all the power. :D
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Red Dead, GTA, Borderlands... Certain Telltale games...
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    About to play a game called Ghost of A Tale. Looks very awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigso6GJtsY

2n97DPZ.jpg

image-1.jpeg

tale1-1920x1080.jpg
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    Quite a few gamers here :)
    There’s a long list of games that I play besides sims haha
    But for PC: I’ve played a lot of SWTOR. Starcraft, WOW. I play age of empires and theme hospital from time to time. I usually end each night with a couple of games of heroes of the storm.

Assassins creed fans though! How good was origins! I love that it tied the movie in with it. :D I’m so excited for the possibility of an anime series from it.

I might have a look at ghost of a tale when it comes to PS4, it looks cool :)@Bad Arkane