Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is this creepy?

I met a person through work and thought she was a stunning woman. So I went home and made a Sim character after her with her real name and put her in my town. lol

Do you make characters of strangers you meet?

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Lol, yes. I'm guilty. I don't find it creepy because I don't typically like...stalk people or anything, I just like the way they look and recreate them for a virtual town...Ok. Maybe it is creepy! :D But you aren't alone.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I've done it too. I once made a sim based off of a picture of someone I saw on Facebook. I felt a little creepy but I couldn't help it! I just thought they were very good looking :D
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    I've made a sim based off my high school crush so no you're not creepy
    I'm you.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    it is kind of creepy if you used her name and everything lol.
    i have seen people on the street and made sims similar to them in appearance (i.e style and hair), but they're not meant to be them.
    i never make sims of people i actually know, too weird for me.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    More than creepy. Almost like wanting to possess and control said real person (even if not consciously). Not good.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't think it's creepy. People make Sims of celebrities all the time and that's accepted, so why would it be creepy to put ordinary people you admire in your game? The only 'ordinary' people I've put in mine are my Simself and Hubby, but I've thought about creating one of our local newscasters. She has an interesting face and beautiful eyes that I admire. Technically, I guess she is a celebrity, of sorts, but meh... *shrugs*

You do whatever makes you happy in your game and don't worry about what others might think. Have fun and Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    It's kinda cute in a way
    I'm you.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    edited February 2018
    I wouldn't say it's creepy. I'm a big "people watcher" and can appreciate someone that might have striking features and or maybe interesting/unique name. Like an inspired artist, I would want to capture their features in a sim. It's the same thing as seeing someone and drawing/sketching them, IMO. In TS3, I had also recreated friends that I had gone to school with or used to know that have passed on. I made sure they were set up with a nice home and would enjoy watching them about town "living" their nice lives.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,104 Member
    More than creepy. Almost like wanting to possess and control said real person (even if not consciously). Not good.

I said I put her in my town. I'm not playing her as my active family.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I change the names (to protect the innocent?) but I've made Sims based on people I know, mostly friends and acquaintences.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,104 Member
    I change the names (to protect the innocent?) but I've made Sims based on people I know, mostly friends and acquaintences.

lol. Who are you protecting? Your Sims game isn't public. You can name Sims whatever you want. Who's gonna know unless you tell people?
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think there are many people who hasn't recreated their crush and put them in the game.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    What's the phrase? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" I believe that's true. Incidentally, people do it to celebs all the time. I don't really see a difference to be honest.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,914 Member
    Yeah, I've done it. I have a hilarious co-worker who keeps me laughing all day but most people are afraid to approach her because she looks mean all the time. She has a distinctive look so it was easy to make her in the game.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I sometimes make everyday people their personality or looks stand out in anyway.. not even talking good looking necessarily. I drive down the road and think Sim House! too. No it's not creepy.
    Creepy is not being able to distinguish fantasy from reality and becoming threatening in some way.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl Ooh! I do it with houses too! And you're right. For me they don't have to be attractive people. Just people I find interesting in some way. :D
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Yeah, that's pretty creepy to me.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think it's creepy, but not really that creepy.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    forget the people who say it's creepy you do you fam
    I'm you.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    This is hardly creepy.
    There are people who play sims who literally lock sims in prisons to watch them starve to death. I think you're good ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I don't know.

I didn't like that a friend of mine made a sim version of me that she placed in an active household with copies of other friends.
    Didn't say anything cos it's her game anyway.

It is cute in a way.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Reminds me of a Black Mirror episode LOL I used to make sims of my crushes but gave them different names xD
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    a friend of mine made a sim version of me that she placed in an active household with copies of other friends.

I was going to say it's not creepy, but the thought of me-sims running around in other peoples games makes me shudder a little.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    It's a bit creepy. I made a Sim of my boyfriend. That feels weird too. But it's your game, you do what you want.
  • Options
    jbarry3jbarry3 Posts: 16 Member
    When I was younger and played sims 2 I used to make guy sims of the boys I had crushes on at school and then make a character after me and then create a faux family with the guy. lol Glad this site is anonymous!