Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is this creepy?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jbarry3jbarry3 Posts: 16 Member
    Hehe now I made me and my fiance in the game and name our kids after the names we want to give our future kids. we even have careers in sims 4 similar to what we do in real life!
  • Options
    MoonlitShadowXoxoMoonlitShadowXoxo Posts: 57 Member
    I don't think it's creepy. I'm working on putting my fav celeb and band crushes in the games and making cool storylines for them. :)
  • Options
    sneezepleasesneezeplease Posts: 18 Member
    Do you watch Black Mirror, and have you seen thaaaat episode? If you're not like that guy, then no, not creepy! Sometimes people have interesting faces, y'know? And it's fun to see if you can recreate them.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I believe it's pretty common thing to do, so there's rather nothing to be worry about :) But to be honest, I rarely do that. Even my simself is rather like alternate ego of some sort. I also try to avoid naming my Sims after my close friends.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2018
    Not consciously. I made a teen sim some months back and spent hours on his face. When I was finally done, I realized he reminded me of my very first BF back in my HS days. I didn't set out to make him that way, it's just who he resembled or reminded me of when I finished working on his face. I ended up giving him the same first name, but with a different spelling.

Apart from my self sim, I've never purposely made somebody to look like anybody I know in RL, but I do base some of them off characteristics and personalities of people I've met over the years.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I've definitely modeled sim's appearances and personalities on people I've met/know in real life. I don't give them the person's real names, at least not anymore lol. When I was a kid I'd create people who I didn't like and set them on fire or drown them.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    nahhh its not creepy
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I don't think its creepy at all as many have said.

Long as you can distinguish the difference between your sims and the actual person, I don't see a problem.

Back when I played sims 2, I made a save with nothing but people I knew and played it, and even shared it with people, and they loved it honestly. I guess it depends on the person.
    I saw some people were saying that the thought of a sim you being in a game someone is playing is creepy, but it doesn't bother me at all. lol.

I've known some friends that play the sims that actually make people that make them mad, then do things to their sim like kill them, which I think is rather extreme... but it makes them feel better and I guess that's better than actually hurting someone? Not my thing personally, but this game is meant for us to play the way we want.

I've also had simselves [my profile is my sim self] and thou sometimes they are alter-egos or whatever, I find them fine and may even make sims of my life at the time or even just play things I'd like to do in life.

I think people think too much into it. lol
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    DollhouseCowboyDollhouseCowboy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, 1st post here.

Quite apt this thread was running because I bought the game only a few days ago, basically after watching that episode of Black Mirror and it got me thinking "This reminds me of when I used to have the Sims and would make their lives hell".
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes it is weird. Why not just talk to her in person instead of creating a digital version of her to interact with?
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I sometimes see people in the street or in a store and think that they would make a good sim, I also see people that look like Sims from my games. I'm not really good at creating sims in CAS to look like a specific person though, all my creations are really just random.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie