Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kinds of new EPs would you want to come out?

UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
These I feel like are most requested.
tell me how good it feels to be needed
Post edited by UniteSims on

What kinds of new EPs would you want to come out? 180 votes

University Life
23%
Goth583JaseaprilroseWritin_RegDryodajune_155papertongueJaSawadoogerieLexington1988JemztoneSummerStreakDoloresGreytthraolce17Internal_ChaosHermitgirlStutumLenaDieters11gummybear0724ThePinkBookGirl 43 votes
Seasons
64%
Akl500POneAdorkableGirlGoldmoldaricmnfrshmandyrobin2IceyJNikonGirloveronWitchirisSimpatsyannhuandlukeekee53lsnishijustChrisUkvessmecandy8JessicaBPlyrAnmirlafreindlylolAlysha1988 116 votes
Cars/vehicles(not sure how that would be implemented, but I still added it )
3%
alanmichael1digitaldiva16ANGELFACE123charlesbergEdevaneCrazyCoconutmissluvinlife 7 votes
Future
7%
SimsprocfunColorist40cchant86Bagoas77Moon_WillowokesterEnkiSchmidtAgustín CornejopalooomisGiorgiLivinityItsJanierMsKatieRoseMitah 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wish somebody would merge all of these polls/threads together if they contain the same topic over and over again.
  • Options
    CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons and University life
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons and University Life. (not combined of course :P ) ♥
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons hands down. Its amazing how a little weather can change the dynamics of a game. Its been a favourite in the past, and i don't see why it won't be a favourite again.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited February 2018
    University Life
    I said University, BUT only if there is a life stage added in between Teen and YA, maybe "Co-Ed" or something like that. I think they need to combine TS2 and TS3 elements to make the perfect University game, and it should have its own town with options for two or three schools that your sim could attend, not to mention dormitories, small houses, etc... It should include clubs with all new objects and activities, secret raves (if popular enough to get an invite), etc... Its the only potential EP that could make the game more fun, however I won't get my hopes up. I am underwhelmed by the majority of TS4 and I don't see that changing.

ETA: I think I'm more excited to see what the modding community would do with the University expansion, more so than EA.
    Post edited by Goth583 on
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    University Life
    Future and University Life.

I am so sick of snow and ice and below zero temps - I don't care if I ever get it in the Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Expansion packs with the depth and content as the previous ones in the series. Packs that are worthy of the price tags. Packs that don't just add a new world (city living). Packs that are 'squeals' to previous sims packs but don't cut a multitude of things that are needed.
    I don't particularly care what the theme is I just want it to be a good expansion pack for once in the sims 4 and not just a shallow mess
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Future
    Another one of these polls..
    None of these EP ideas are NEW. Just things we have had in previous Sims games.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    University Life
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    Another one of these polls..
    None of these EP ideas are NEW. Just things we have had in previous Sims games.

But can you play those things in Sims 4? That's the question you need to ask yourself. If this is the game you are playing now - it does not matter what other game you bought that pack in - it does you no good unless you go play the other games.

But the Sims are a life simulation - and there is something people through out the ages have done that modern day people do as well. Are you saying because your great grandparents owned a car a hundred years ago - then we should not have cars today? If it was done before in life nothing should ever be repeated.

Human nature says other wise. And like wise Sims 1 is a life simulation and needed my sims to have things in that game - that I also like in Sims 2, Sims 3, and sims 4. Life is not much different in 2018 than it was in 1918 - if you think about it. Peoples needs and wants have not really changed a lot - so why would it be any different in a game about life. What if we had nothing Sims 1-2- and 3 had in them? How would our Sims exist with no furniture, or anything else those games have.

I will never get the drift of people saying but we had such and such in those games. There is not enough new things out there that fits ordinary life so that our sims would never have anything we had before. But the fact this game doesn't have something should always override the fact previous games had it, if this is the game we are playing now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Seasons
    I need seasons!
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Future
    @Writin_Reg why would you wanna pay for the same thing over and over again?
    I'm just saying that instead of making same packs to different game why not focus on making something NEW instead.
    It's ALWAYS like this. When I comment something on here you come and try to fight me. Get a life.

Actually I'm an adult who doesn't own a car because I try to live as eco-friendly life as possible. So yeah we should not have cars but use public transportation. :wink:
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited February 2018
    I feel like we need to call attention to the fact that as I recall, within the first year or so of the Sims 4 being out, they constantly offered this was a new and different game, we can't compare it to Sims 2 and Sims 3, and that the devs have their own "vision."

Fast forward to today, the only pack to really explore any new concepts whatsoever is Get Together with the Clubs system. They are legit just repackaging the old classics and reselling them to us.

I stand by what I've said too: it's painfully obvious Sims 4 does not have the budget to compete with Sims 2 and Sims 3. If all three of them produce Seasons, this is akin to asking them all to go out and buy a nice car and bring it back as a gift. If Sims 4 only has $5,000 to spend while Sims 2 and Sims 3 have $30,000, Sims 4 will lose this comparison 10 out of 10 times. What instead needs to happen to improve Sims 4 is to not focus on beating Sims 2 and Sims 3 at their own game. No, find something else we might like. Don't buy a car and bring it back, go find a hot tub or a massage chair or a sweet Gaming PC or something. Bring back something that isn't a car, but would be nice and appreciated irregardless.

I feel like the EPs are doomed both because the EP team has failed to impress entirely, and the EP plans are more or less guided by what the community demands. I got news for you: the community is never going to demand new ideas over old ones because the community isn't that creative. The few creative people in the community with feasible, working ideas that are good will always, always, always be drowned out by the hordes of fans screaming for the content they already know.

Seeing this poll is "depressing" in the sense I hold no hope that any of those ideas could possibly top their earlier predecessors, and I fully expect them to be downgrades. Try telling that to the fans or to the Sims Team themselves though. We don't stop to think about that or consider that possibility, and instead we charge forward towards the easy answer of copy-pasting Sims 3.

From the results though, it's painfully clear to me that Seasons is next and University is coming after, and both will be a disappointment.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    University Life
    Let
    I feel like we need to call attention to the fact that as I recall, within the first year or so of the Sims 4 being out, they constantly offered this was a new and different game, we can't compare it to Sims 2 and Sims 3, and that the devs have their own "vision."

Fast forward to today, the only pack to really explore any new concepts whatsoever is Get Together with the Clubs system. They are legit just repackaging the old classics and reselling them to us.

I stand by what I've said too: it's painfully obvious Sims 4 does not have the budget to compete with Sims 2 and Sims 3. If all three of them produce Seasons, this is akin to asking them all to go out and buy a nice car and bring it back as a gift. If Sims 4 only has $5,000 to spend while Sims 2 and Sims 3 have $30,000, Sims 4 will lose this comparison 10 out of 10 times. What instead needs to happen to improve Sims 4 is to not focus on beating Sims 2 and Sims 3 at their own game. No, find something else we might like. Don't buy a car and bring it back, go find a hot tub or a massage chair or a sweet Gaming PC or something. Bring back something that isn't a car, but would be nice and appreciated irregardless.

I feel like the EPs are doomed both because the EP team has failed to impress entirely, and the EP plans are more or less guided by what the community demands. I got news for you: the community is never going to demand new ideas over old ones because the community isn't that creative. The few creative people in the community with feasible, working ideas that are good will always, always, always be drowned out by the hordes of fans screaming for the content they already know.

Seeing this poll is "depressing" in the sense I hold no hope that any of those ideas could possibly top their earlier predecessors, and I fully expect them to be downgrades. Try telling that to the fans or to the Sims Team themselves though. We don't stop to think about that or consider that possibility, and instead we charge forward towards the easy answer of copy-pasting Sims 3.

From the results though, it's painfully clear to me that Seasons is next and University is coming after, and both will be a disappointment.

ks agree to disagree. I think they could make something great out of these! Sure, it’s the same idea, but they could bring something fresh and new! And I am DYING for a university life pack.
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    University Life
    It would be nice to buy the sims some more time to learn certain skills etc, maybe add another life stage as well, late teens or something like that. Just thinking out loud here. xD
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons and a Uni/Get to School pack
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Seasons
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg why would you wanna pay for the same thing over and over again?
    I'm just saying that instead of making same packs to different game why not focus on making something NEW instead.
    After we get Seasons and hopefully Uni, I'm open to any new ideas! These are just things I miss for my gameplay/storytelling.

Also I feel like Cars aren't are large enough concept for an EP, but should be a GP instead.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons, though Future seems interesting.
  • Options
    thepiratepercythepiratepercy Posts: 10 New Member
    University Life
    University Life would be cool, because I feel like there's not a lot of encouragement for children or teen sims to do well in school right now. If there's any benefit to having an A student age up compared to a D, I haven't noticed it. Seasons would be fun, too, especially with holidays or like vacation times, but I have enough weather in my real life right now to say I actually want more of it anywhere.

I agree that new ideas would be welcome, but as someone who didn't play all these older versions of these packs on S2 and S3, I can't say that it matters as much to me. Seasons or Uni Life or whatever would be fun and new to me, like any completely new pack would be. I feel pretty lucky, but I understand your pain, DeservedCriticism. Hopefully the devs can find some type of compromise between people who want completely new stuff and people who want some of the old stuff brought back!
  • Options
    SimmerOGSimmerOG Posts: 1 New Member
    I wanna have a farm with farm animals!! (cows, pigs, horses, goats, chickens ect.) Then be able to make things with the resources I receive from my animals. For example sell the eggs my hens lay to make money, or make cheese and butter to sell with the milk from my cows and goats; and be able to sustain a living this way.
  • Options
    tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    University Life
    University Life with Masters and PHD programs please/
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I wish somebody would merge all of these polls/threads together if they contain the same topic over and over again.

Right!
  • Options
    lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    This is a very, very tough poll.... :o
  • Options
    lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    @SimmerOG I recommend you playing Farm Simulator. :)
  • Options
    Sandra_OskSandra_Osk Posts: 3 New Member
    University Life
    I NEED UNIVERSITY LIFE!!! I just really need it.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2018
    Seasons
    Out of these i would want seasons but i what i really want are more supernaturals, tough i am not sure if i can keep up with EA absurd prices for their games.
    jr73Y.gif