Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you set times for social events?

Hi, I wanted to know if you can set the time you want to have a social event like Wedding etc. yet, or has that still not come. I really wish we could plan it like a few days in advance.

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm sorry, no. Once an event is planned it begins immediately. So, plan accordingly. Prepare everything that you need before you plan the event (it sounds backwards, I know). Cake, bar, musical instrument, tables and chairs, wedding altar, etc. -- have it all ready before you make the call.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Grr, oh well, It is something I wish they would add, I don't know much about BTS but I think it would be easy.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    Grr, oh well, It is something I wish they would add, I don't know much about BTS but I think it would be easy.

I should think so. I mean, the other games had the option. I have no idea what is the issue with TS4, new engine or not.

If the engine can't do what is needed for this to be a full-featured Sim game, the suits at EA spent their money on the wrong engine. The next time, they should plan better.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I wish this was a thing. That way, maybe some sims can actually arrive on time. When I throw a party, sims always start coming in later then it started (especially with apartments where they spawn far away and have to walk over). Some guest don't get there until like an hour left in the party. Makes it annoying to try and do all the objectives when sometimes sims start arriving and the party is already a quarter to half the way through.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

I should think so. I mean, the other games had the option. I have no idea what is the issue with TS4, new engine or not.

If the engine can't do what is needed for this to be a full-featured Sim game, the suits at EA spent their money on the wrong engine. The next time, they should plan better.
    Maybe they just don't have a clue.

I mean, forget about booking a time - technically-speaking, we should be able to book a day and a time - ie forward plan events.

Look at the inability to sort data to throw a party which CAN be sorted (because the Club System can sort it):
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922873/when-are-the-embarrassingly-woeful-and-incredibly-mean-ui-lists-going-to-be-rectified

Can we trigger an event at a day and time? Yes. Are we allowed to do it? No.

There are a lot of things we COULD do in TS4 that we are not allowed to do.
  • Options
    CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    [quote="Elleysims;c-16261513"]I wish this was a thing. That way, maybe some sims can actually arrive on time. When I throw a party, sims always start coming in later then it started (especially with apartments where they spawn far away and have to walk over). Some guest don't get there until like an hour left in the party. Makes it annoying to try and do all the objectives when sometimes sims start arriving and the party is already a quarter to half the way through.[/quote]

I've had guests come late too when having a party in San Myshuno turns out they were talking to some rando outside
  • Options
    John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    Meishak wrote: »
    Elleysims wrote: »
    I wish this was a thing. That way, maybe some sims can actually arrive on time. When I throw a party, sims always start coming in later then it started (especially with apartments where they spawn far away and have to walk over). Some guest don't get there until like an hour left in the party. Makes it annoying to try and do all the objectives when sometimes sims start arriving and the party is already a quarter to half the way through.

I've had guests come late too when having a party in San Myshuno turns out they were talking to some rando outside

Yes! and Grrrr! I have had that happen too.

I was also looking for the ability to schedule an event, but sadly it's not the case.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I miss this option.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    I found out that you couldn't schedule a time the hard way. I was scrambling to have everything for the wedding done as it was finishing up. Then it was a flop cause I couldn't get my couple married on time. Live and learn, I guess. Some things in Sims 4 are great, others it's like, "what were they thinking!?"
  • Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    Jenna2376 wrote: »
    I found out that you couldn't schedule a time the hard way. I was scrambling to have everything for the wedding done as it was finishing up. Then it was a flop cause I couldn't get my couple married on time. Live and learn, I guess. Some things in Sims 4 are great, others it's like, "what were they thinking!?"

I set my wedding up one or two sim days ahead of time cook the food snacks ect then throw the party.
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »

I mean, forget about booking a time - technically-speaking, we should be able to book a day and a time - ie forward plan events.

Look at the inability to sort data to throw a party which CAN be sorted (because the Club System can sort it):
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922873/when-are-the-embarrassingly-woeful-and-incredibly-mean-ui-lists-going-to-be-rectified

Agreed. If modders are capable, why aren't the designers? Exhibit A: The designers decided not to implement playable pets. A modder was able to activate the option in mere days.

My assumption is that someone in charge decided that the features that we have come to expect aren't worth the trouble.

The problem is: they're worth it to me. You know, the consumer? I just don't get why TPTB made such contrary decisions this time around.

Correction: I do get it. It's about the least amount of effort for the maximum gain. Yet, don't they realize that going that extra mile always shows? Consumers appreciate it and will not only buy, we'll recommend to others. For that very reason, that's why I'd recommend any other game in the series before I'd tell someone that I like to buy TS4.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I really think that they need to implement this ASAP!
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »

Totally.
  • Options
    ChristinewhogameChristinewhogame Posts: 8 New Member
    Haven't implemented this...I don't think will so yeah. That's suck. On this game. But, I still like the came, just didn't plan the food ahead of time
  • Options
    ChristinewhogameChristinewhogame Posts: 8 New Member
    It did it with cake.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    You can totally set the time! If you have seasons installed. You have to plan an event from the calendar and it actually requires you to set a time for the event to start.