Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having so much fun--but my sims never leave their house. Am I alone?

So like the title says , my sims are on their home like almost 100 percent of the time while I'm playing the game :o . I own the whole collection. But I just cant find a reason to leave my home lot. They have their pet and eachother to socialize with o:)<3 . It starts to feel a bit strange staying on one lot all of the time though.

Does anyone else's sims hardly ever leave their home lot?

Comments

• Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    I tend to keep my sims at the house. I only own Get to Work, I might have them visit other places if I had other packs. I don't know, I did own almost all the packs from Sims 3 and I kept them at home too. It might have to do with me being a homebody. I hate being out and about, maybe I'm imposing my worldview on my sims, hahaha
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Nope Shinya gets around more than a x rated movie star so he's hardly ever home. Unless it is to eat, sleep and well you know.

I do know what you mean though the game was somewhat introvert based for me when it first came out. I found the game rather dull and boring so I created way to not make it so.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I rarely take my sims out. I can't be bothered most of the time.
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I am the same most the time! But I'll admit to being introverted that way myself! haha

However, when I catch my sims really being homebodies and staying home, sometimes I will take them out.
    Since I have City Living, getting out to a district and picking up some food from a stall is something I may typically do, or have them go over a friend's house whose relationship may need some work and have them visit.

My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm not a super social person in real life, average I guess but I tend to be quieter rather than boisterous and out and about... A home body if you will...So in the game I tend to make my sims go out and find things to do. I do have to say I miss adventures from Sims 3 where I could travel the world and explore tombs and make wine juice and fight mummies, but my sims, regardless, are hardly ever home.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I find I do that a lot, I remember when I had the basegame on a computer that could barely handle it mostly I stuck at home because loading was impossible in fact it usually crashed. Then I got a better computer some time after that one passed and then this one and still I am stuck at home. Now I enjoy my stories so it's fine I have to remind myself to travel more, I'm as much as a homebody as my sims are guess it fits.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nope, but I was used to doing the same with Sims 1 anyway.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Me too! The main reason for me is that I usually play families and (while playing) I am a huge control freak and micromanager :'D I've found it difficoult to adjust my playstyle to other lots than the family homes I've created.
    The other reason is that I really miss the open world from S3.
    Now as I've recently started to fill the worlds with my own creations as commercial lots I'm hoping to start adventuring out more.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    More now that I'm playing on long lifespan, but on normal, no, there was too much to do with the other Sims at home and I couldn't afford to let them be for a few hours while one of my Sims was out.

Last time I did was when my Sim needed to get pregnant to continue her legacy and for some reason none of her friends seemed remotely interested in her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    I use to play like that but then I added some things to Newcrest like restaurants and spas and placed more than one family (I play rotationally) so they pretty much all interact and my sims are forced to get out of the house once in a while
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Yeah, on sims 3 my sims always get the "stir crazy" moodlet and I'm just like, dude... That's not a punishment, that's a reward! I'm glad it doesn't exist in sims 4 though because then my sims would always be stir crazy. :P I just find going out kinda tedious... Especially so since outings take longer than I expect and it ends up being 2am and my sim children have school the next day. I feel kinda bad though cuz I never really use the special venues though for some packs the venues are the point of the pack, like I want my sims to have a super nice day but when I go to the venues I'm just.. When can we go home... (nothing wrong with the venues, just my introverted nature melting into the sims world)
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I tend to do the same thing. I've slipped back into my early Sims2 days when there really was no reason to live the active lot. LOL I do sometimes use an invite by another to head out, just for a slight change-of-pace, but for the most part, my Sims are 'homebodies' like me. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I tend to stay in the house a lot. However, it's really fun to take them out and about sometimes. It also depends on the career and personality of my Sim. I sometimes like making parks so it's fun to have my sim visit them.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited February 2018
    When I first started playing, I wouldn’t bring my Sims out much. But as the time has passed and more content has been released, my Sims have more things to do that make me actually want to bring them out places. If I keep them at home all the time, I start to go stir crazy. :p
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I'm gonna build some lots and download some to get them out of their homes :D I go stir crazy all the time in real life <3@DevilNDisguise
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    When I have a normal achieving style sim family they stay at home or in their hood a lot. They might move to another home as a household when I need a change of scenery.
    Mostly though I play single sims and they get out, live off the land, squat in other peoples houses or move in with them .. then move on.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I have them go out to build skills, as to library or gym or park. Also, clubs in Get Together are fun when activities are planned well, and I accept invitations to some social events. Families go to park or pool, or to visit cousins.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I’m very introverted and definitely a homebody in real life so my sims are the same most of the time. Although I do try to get out every once in a while, mostly for dates or club gatherings or parties.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    In Sims 3 my sims were rarely home. They especially enjoyed exploring at night as they explored every nook and cranny of their worlds. My Sims 4 sims however never leave their lot. I used to have them eat out sometimes but DineOut is such a mess now I can't stand it. I also used to have families own retail shops but that is buggy now also.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    My Sims are always out. I’m enjoying visit different lots, the festival or friends.
    In real life I enjoy staying at home all by myself. But with my Sims I do the opposite, I explore the worlds.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    rika1431rika1431 Posts: 28 Member
    I like going to the festivals in City Living, and I really like the date nights to a restaurant from Dine Out. I just raised four babies to child stage, though, so my sims haven't left the house in a while!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Work days my sims stay home but days off and planned vacations - my sims go all over the place. I do have a good number of player made venues that seem to be a lot more fun for my sims than just the ones that were in the game - so my sims take full advantage of them all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Work days my sims stay home but days off and planned vacations - my sims go all over the place. I do have a good number of player made venues that seem to be a lot more fun for my sims than just the ones that were in the game - so my sims take full advantage of them all.

Last night I downloaded and placed a lot of new community lots from the gallery. Looking forward to using them to get my sims out the house :D@Writin_Reg
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    For me it depends on the game I'm playing. Like right now I'm playing the Not So Berry Challenge and in generation 1....so there's tons to accomplish, so I tend to keep my Sims at home. But now that the founder has accomplished most of her goals, I take the family out to dinner, date nights with the hubby.....Friday nights is when my Sim goes out with her club to party, maybe Saturday nights is family night...so spending the day at the park or at the gym, etc. If I'm playing a Single Sim, then they're always off their lot in town, meeting friends etc. I think it just depends on what I have going on in the game