Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is your favorite Sims 4 Job/Career?

Comments

• Options
    tmcox1242tmcox1242 Posts: 32 Member
    Get To Work (Law Enforcement, Medicine, Science)
    I really like going to work with my sims, so Get To Work definitely for me.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I like the Detective Career; the little minigames make me feel like I'm playing Nancy Drew or something, lol.
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Painter
    I picked painter because I get a kick out of seeing the pictures they paint for their daily task. I am currently doing the Science career and that's surprisingly fun.
  • Options
    EirayaEiraya Posts: 21 Member
    The Science career is probably my favourite. I'd probably enjoy the other Get to Work careers as well but I haven't gotten around to trying them, even though I've had the expansion for ages.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    edited January 2018
    City Living (Critic, Politics, Social Media)
    I'm just getting around to the political career and love the work at home option. Culinary is a close second.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Scientist is my favorite. I'm replaying it yet again currently. I need to retry the law enforcement career since they fixed it... it still will be second to science though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Astronaut, Athletic
    I prefer the inactive careers (and being self-employed) over the active careers but I don't really have a favorite out of those. I just pick whatever I feel fits my sims the most. I prefer the inactive ones because they allow me to focus on other sims that aren't working at the moment, though I've never tried just not going to work with the sim for the active ones.
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'm liking the detective career right now, probably because I hadn't played it when it was bugged and so didn't get horribly frustrated with it.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    medicine, police and scientist career from gtw
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Entertainment
    I have a mod that makes the Entertainer career similar to the City Living careers, so I enjoy it a little more. Even before the mod I found that most of my sims were entertainers because it fit their stories.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    For some strange reason, I really enjoy trying to figure out what ailment the sim has for doctor and I love trying to find the criminal for detective. I haven't played detective in a while because I heard about all the bugs but I am going to give it a whirl again for the next generation coming up. I don't enjoy the science career though because of the freeze your coworker or make your coworker change clothes checklist.

My next pick is the city living careers. I like how you can work from home or go into the office.
  • Options
    horseypotatohorseypotato Posts: 23 Member
    I love the city living careers for the working from home option! I also sometimes cant be bothered with an actual career and find free lancing quite fun and easy
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    City living has the perfect mix between active and "passive" careers in my opinion, also allowing your sims to work from home.
    What would be great is if self emploeyment was implemented in game.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I like having the option to travel to work with my sims. Although i do like the option to be able to send them alone. It just adds a nice layer of gameplay and story telling. :)
  • Options
    FeenkittyFeenkitty Posts: 26 Member
    I chose the City Careers because of the work from home option. Mostly I send them to work, but I like that it's flexible.

Now I'm focused on a teenager who will become a scientist when he is an adult. I'm looking forward to playing through the science career.
  • Options
    XpinkiepuffXXpinkiepuffX Posts: 4 New Member
    Painter
    Painting...I love seeing all of the different art my Sims make, and by the time I get to level 10, I’ve made so much money from selling my paintings.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Science is truly my favorite career as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    It's fun to get out and have specific things to do (although they get repetitive over time), and that those careers mostly have "normal" work weeks throughout, unlike other careers where you work 3 days a week when you reach the top. What's up with that? It would be wonderful irl, but not so much in Sims.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Astronaut, Athletic
    For me it depends on sim and story, however I has always liked astronaut because of rewards and cool outfit, exploring in space and it's hard to promote.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I like being able to follow my Sims to work and hanging out with them there. Would love more careers like these!
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Painter
    Painter, because making paintings is an easy and quick way to make money. Also, I like all the different art styles.

The science career from GTW is a close second. I really like collecting, and this career offers a nice way to find lots of crystals, metals and MySim-trophees.
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    Little plug here but I'm a new member and would really appreciate likes on my posts to become a full member. Anyways, I really enjoy the GTW careers because it's fun to get to go to work with my sim and see their co-workers. A close second is probably city living because I like the work from home option so my simmies with toddlers can stay home. I hope more careers give us the option to go with our sims or work from home
  • Options
    NogitsuneeNogitsunee Posts: 16 New Member
    Doctor Is the most fun while scientist is most time consuming
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2018
    Criminal, Culinary
    I'm a foodie, that is all.
    I love when we get new foods and I love the cooking, gourmet, baking and specialty cooking skills.

I just can't help myself. lol
    I also love gardening due to this, but we currently don't really have any type of job system for it sadly.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    AndreaSimAndreaSim Posts: 28 Member
    Science is my favorite. So many neat objects!